• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AnOxymoron

Reaction score
was this the hertling closeout single cut? I had issue with that one as well (hertling drop the ball on it somehow), though the guys at Epaulet is pretty good at communicating back and forth, I did got my later then everyone else (thus was able to change from belt loop to side tab, so very happy with that incident in the end).

Nope. Just a regular order of Taylor trousers in plain old military twill. Nothing limited edition or special here.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random but I've got an epaulet spiewak snorkel parka but it's missing the coyote fur trim for the hood. Anybody mind sparing theirs? My jacket is a 38.

Or @Epaulet any chance you can get in touch with someone at spiewak. They've failed to respond to 2 attempts at contacting them on email and 1 attempt through Twitter.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sashiko x2

full

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ dope

With every pic of the Sashiko I see I regret not buying even more. It really does look like it wears like a knit

Waterloo 360T

Reaction score
I really need a new pair of the Tennis Trainers with a white sole. I had a pair a little lighter than this picture and miss them every day. Calfskin in a cognac or teak color would be my choice. Any chance that can happen by spring? Please?

11352037_1446291685672644_781973100_n.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For the new sandows jeans. What type of washes will there be? I feel like it was mentioned before but forgot.

@chrispy650 I'm planning three different fabrics for the first run.. with 36 units each

1) Dark Indigo Cross-hatch Japanese denim (like the Denim Doyle)
2) Lighter Indigo Japanese denim (like the crosshatch Kamigata)
3) Caramel Bull Denim from Cone White Oak

Bull denim is a thick twill (not a canvas) but the warp and weft are dyed the same color, so it has a more monochrome appearance than typical denim.

They'll all be simple one-washed just for fit and shrinkage. There won't be any distressing on them, so you can age and fade them yourself.

We'll see how this batch does, and hopefully it sells well and has good retention. The Wilshire had a huge return rate, but I think that this fit is both a lot easier and much more unique. If its good, we can easily expand on it and build out the collection in more denims and other fabrics.

I Had ordered a sample blue donegal fisherman sweater and walt porto as well!

Hope to get it soon!

Mike can pls arrange to ship it as soon as you can? As I am leaving for another country for Christmas and New year in a week plus. Thanks lots if it can be arranged =p

@kelwatches thank you sir! Just handed it off to USPS, should hopefully get to you quickly.

Nope. Just a regular order of Taylor trousers in plain old military twill. Nothing limited edition or special here.

@AnOxymoron ah man I'm really sorry to hear this... want to PM me your order details and I can check.

Overall Hertling has done a great job with turning around both MTO's and promo orders this season, but it's a small team over there. Things get backed up when there's only one central cutter and stuff can fall through the cracks. Hopefully it's already in-bound to us, as I know that we've got a large box en-route.

That said, I'm always working to improve MTO times. We've partnered with both Southwick and Individualized.. and we've gotten their fulfillment times down radically from where they were. Going forward for 2018 we're going to expand our MTO trouser program with Southwick. It will have a few benefits:

1) Radically larger fabric selection.. as you have access to all of the cloth that they use for suiting & sportcoats

2) Consistent 2.5-4 week production time. Often on the faster side of that window

3) Drop shipping direct from the factory. Hertling can't do this, so our East Coast customers have to wait for their pants to go UPS Ground to LA and then get shipped back to them. With Southwick your orders will come direct from the source. It can knock off up to 10 days in receipt time.

Random but I've got an epaulet spiewak snorkel parka but it's missing the coyote fur trim for the hood. Anybody mind sparing theirs? My jacket is a 38.

Or @Epaulet any chance you can get in touch with someone at spiewak. They've failed to respond to 2 attempts at contacting them on email and 1 attempt through Twitter.

@trig ah sorry man, that's probably never going to happen with Spiewak. They were bought by an Italian holding company a few years ago.. which is why they canceled our collab product, and their stuff was suddenly 2.5x the price. I doubt that they're offering any service whatsoever on the former company's product. Your best bet it to look for an old jacket on Ebay that's cheap and then buy it just for the fur ruff. Just needs to be a spiewak model where it zipped out.

Sashiko x2

full

@lifeinabox love it.. what a great pairing! Looks boss with the light jeans too.

View attachment 889978 View attachment 889974 The Sashiko Doyle is awesome.
With Grey Sierra vest
EP Chambray
Grey speckle wool Rivets
EP Alden Alt Wien Color 8

@Don L looks phenomenal Don! Glad that you're digging the vests so much too!

I really need a new pair of the Tennis Trainers with a white sole. I had a pair a little lighter than this picture and miss them every day. Calfskin in a cognac or teak color would be my choice. Any chance that can happen by spring? Please?

11352037_1446291685672644_781973100_n.jpg

@Waterloo 360T honestly, I probably wouldn't run that again as it was a really tough sale in its time. A lot of guys didn't like the big contrast of that bright white sole. But I do like the Ecru (eggshell) sole and I'm planning to do some styles with that in the Spring.

@Epaulet are the new mini lug margom soles likely to be similar or longer wearing than the prior sole?

@avsmusic1 yes.. they have additional rubber bits so I'm sure that they'll last longer. That said, even the flat Margom's last a LONG time. There's plenty of guys who have our trainers from 2014, wear them regularly, and they still have a lot of life left in the sole.

Mainstream sneakers are made with such lousy quality leathers, suedes, and soles.. that many customers think ALL sneakers have to be like that. It's not the case. It's a big jump from Kenneth Cole boots to Vibergs, and it's a huge increase in quality from mainstream imported sneakers to our products. You don't have to stress about durability.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick note on Sashiko Doyles.. I want to do a reorder, but the fabric is out of stock for about six weeks. I don't think we'll be back with a full size run until around early March. I'm getting a lot of email requests for 42's and 44's.

We've got 3 units of 36, 5 units of 38, and 6 units of 40 left in the stock room. If you're digging this jacket and you want one in the near future, I'd say to pick it up sooner than later. I can't really anticipate when we'll get more sizes after those are gone. The jacket is available here and if you're in doubt on sizing, go up to the next one.

Indigo_Sashiko_Doyle_Editorial1.jpg

JackL2

Reaction score
What is the Caramel Bull Denim like, color-wise? Is that similar to the caramel duck canvas or a lighter brown, and how does that fade differently versus regular denim (given that the warp and weft are the same color)?

Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What is the Caramel Bull Denim like, color-wise? Is that similar to the caramel duck canvas or a lighter brown, and how does that fade differently versus regular denim (given that the warp and weft are the same color)?

Thanks!

It’s very cool.. looks a lot like the caramel duck canvas. It will give off a similar vibe, but it’s a bit thicker. And nice that it’s a White Oak (RIP) fabric.

Dark bull denims can fade really well. This one should age nicely, but lighter colored cottons of any type will always produce less noticeable fades than darker tones. It’s probably going to fade in a very similar way to caramel duck.

I would have......if EP made that in a 46.

Damn, I love that fabric.

We’ll definitely run it again, sorry that we missed you this time. I actually made four units in 46.. they just sold really quickly. That’s officially a stock size for every Doyle now

NorthCoast

Reaction score
We’ll definitely run it again, sorry that we missed you this time. I actually made four units in 46.. they just sold really quickly. That’s officially a stock size for every Doyle now

How about 38's in trousers? : - )

tenor[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads