• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Mike @mdubs

Did you add those brass eyelets? They look awesome! Something about them really bring the shoe together nicely. Well done.

They were actually available as an option from Epaulet for this run. Mike offered the option of Brass, Silver, White, or Tonal eyelets. Given my longstanding love for my Alden Brassvello LWBs, the choice was obvious.

-Mike

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
What size did you happen to buy? Does it fit well?
I got a size 42 and it fits perfectly. I have the original olive green canvas Doyle in the same size and the fits are pretty similar. The colors are very different though, for anyone in the same situation who might be on the fence. The new waxed one is much darker. I was concerned there would be too much overlap but there really isn't at all, I love 'em both.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Did somebody say Capri collar? Need pics without the ethereal lighting but loving the construction of this collar.

That looks SO good on you.. thanks for picking it up! I'm totally in love with that Liberty fabric. We'll have all of these shirts live on Thursday guys.

Mike,

Are the stripes on the glacier park donegal going to be horizontal when its made up? And what collar would you do for it (compact point)?

@Poomba

Ah sorry.. the stripes are going to be horizontal. And yeah, Compact Point would be my first choice for a collar. Love it with a band collar too. That shirt is going to be impossibly cool.

Doyle looks great. You're fairly tall, right? What size do you take? I'm trying to figure out if the length on the XL will work for me; I'm a 43L-44L in most sportcoats.

@pistolero I've sold lots of Doyles to guys online and in-person who take a L sportcoat. It's rarely an issue, as the Doyle still looks good and very normal if its a bit cropped.

New ghost horsehide tennis with green ripstop rivets.

Can’t recommend these shoes highly enough, they look and feel great.

@kingoflondon phenomenal.. thanks for picking them up!

Are the Gable EFFs almost ready? Their season is nigh and I can't wait to add some patterned pants to my mix.

@Doktor Corn yup, they should be here any day now. And for the future, Hertling advised that Gables will always be the last shape to be made in any of these promos due to the construction. Walt and Rudy will always be first off the line.

EP individualized shirt, Walts, EFF coat and old EP Carmina Ruby shell boots for a wedding this evening.

@tricky really sharp dude!

Loro Piana colorful huge highland plaid. Made up slightly less wild than I thought. It’s going to get a lot of wear.

@kickstand OMFG I love it! Thanks for taking a chance on that one.. it made up beautifully!

nd1nd2nd3

Reaction score
@Epaulet

Your descriptions of the Aero jackets mentions an in-house fit. How does this differ from Aero's stock fit?
And is it possible to add internal pockets?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, we've got so much product going live right now that it's kind of crazy.. but let me just quickly highlight the suiting separates. At 15% off they are a seriously rad deal. Everything is made in Vitale Barberis pure wool flannel (navy or grey), so that you can mix and match all of the pieces. Use code suiting15 at checkout. It's good until midnight tonight (Oct 10th), PST.

Click here to see all of the options.

Through that link you're going to find:

Vittorio Navy Suit.jpg
Vittorio Grey Side.jpg
The Vittorio Sportcoat in Grey & Navy Flannel: $575 or $488.75 with code
The Walt Porto Trouser in Grey & Navy Flannel: $195 or $165.75 with code

That makes the two-piece suit a cool $650.. which is pretty boss for a half-canvassed garment made in Portugal of seriously proper Italian flannel.

And you can take it even more next level with the Teba Jacket in those same two colors. I'm absolutely in love with the navy one!

Teba Navy Main.jpg
Teba Grey Editorial2.jpg
Teba Jacket in Grey Wool Flannel: $575 or $488.75 with code
Teba Jacket in Navy Wool Flannel: $575 or $488.75 with code

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet

Your descriptions of the Aero jackets mentions an in-house fit. How does this differ from Aero's stock fit?
And is it possible to add internal pockets?

@nd1nd2nd3 we scaled the chest to work in line with our numerical sizing and tweaked the armholes. Basically made everything a bit more athletic in shape. That way, most guys can use things like the Doyle/Southwick Jacket/Vittorio/Teba to guide their chest sizing on the Aero jackets. It works really well.

And yes, we can put interior pockets on any of them for $50. There's just one pocket, and it doesn't zip.

Chameleon

Reaction score
Hey Mike, been digging all the new drops as of late. The double rider looks really cool. BTW, I ordered a cafe racer back in April. Would it be possible to get a status update on that, or should I just hang tight a bit longer. I was gonna shoot an email, but then you explained the situation a bunch of posts back.

Also, for the gitman ends, I noticed the camp collar option isn't available in the dropdown. Is that collar still do-able if I ordered a shirt? I'm eyeing those florals now that they're back.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mike,
Do you have an ETA on the
Vesuvio Suede Pre-order Sneakers?

@Yako

Yes, we sent a few emails about that to the people on the order.. you should have received it unless you registered on the site with a disposable address. We had to move them out until November.. factory ended up delayed on production. We're offering a discount on the balance payment to compensate. My apologies.. it's not the first time we've had group buys get delayed, but they still make the best sneakers for the money out of anyone that I've ever seen. They'll be a really exceptional deal with the price break. Should be here the same time as Museum Calf and such.

Hey Mike, been digging all the new drops as of late. The double rider looks really cool. BTW, I ordered a cafe racer back in April. Would it be possible to get a status update on that, or should I just hang tight a bit longer. I was gonna shoot an email, but then you explained the situation a bunch of posts back.

Also, for the gitman ends, I noticed the camp collar option isn't available in the dropdown. Is that collar still do-able if I ordered a shirt? I'm eyeing those florals now that they're back.

@Chameleon

Yes, we've got three outstanding jackets from last season, they should ship in the next two weeks. Sorry again about that.. was a crazy turn of events. These orders now should be good to come in before the end of the year.

Yes, we can do the Camp Collar, but.. as I found out.. Gitman can only make it on a body that's significantly less fitted than our usual shape, and I don't have the measurements for specs for it. We only took a handful of orders for that last round and luckily most guys liked the extra space, but I don't want to intentionally sell anything that I don't have all of the info on. I'm sure that I can get the measurements before the end of the promo and we can figure out what size you'd prefer. The camp body is square bottom and undarted. You can always write CAMP COLLAR in special notes and we'll get back to you with the specs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads