• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
During radio silence time my REDA's arrived and they are awesome. Dropped them off at the tailor during lunch and they'll be in heavy rotation the second I pick them up.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Hope that all is well! We're kind on on the same schedule as Styleforum, and in the midst of redoing our entire website. You can see the progress as we change it out:

www.epauletnewyork.com

The formatting will be wonky and a lot of sections won't be filled in until late Monday. We're planning the big reveal on Tuesday. However the backend is unchanged, so you can go ahead and order as usual if you want to buy something. Can't wait to get this all finalized.. it's going to be a much better user expereince all around, especially on mobile. After it's up next week, we're going to ask for product reviews, and I've got a really fun raffle idea for that.

As always.. any feedback is very much appreciated!

karateisland

Reaction score
Agh! Those were some tremendous deals--Too bad I missed out on the Dartmouth in a 40R. The new website looks good, excited to see what else you have cooking.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New site looks great. We'll we be able to hover over an item to see sizes available? Always prefer that to clicking quick shop or the actual item.

And kuddos for featuring Palos Verdes (or at least the view from) on the front page! My home and the most beautiful place to live.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ Thank you sir!

Yes, we're going to work on the size thing. We need our coder to:
1) Hide sizes that are not available
2) Provide a main navigation list of available sizes (either hover over or listed below). Probably listed below as that's more mobile friendly.
3) Integrate videos into the actual product image gallery

Figure that's going to happen next week. We actually have quite a bit of new functions and creative to roll out, just trying to get the site looking good and consistent for the presentation on Tuesday.

I have a styling question for you guys. Coming from my old-school background in e-commerce, it was always a rule that main navigation pics are shot in a studio, to keep everything clean and uniform. I personally think that studio shots always pale in comparison to natural light pictures. It was a necessity in NYC as 40% of the year is unfriendly to shooting outside due to weather, but this is no longer an issue. I'm thinking to shoot EVERY single thing outdoors. I'll keep the background sort of consistent, but work to show the item in the best light. And we'll no longer have problems of studio vs. outdoor color.. where the outdoor color is nearly always more true.

What do you think? I kind of feel like Instagram has made these grids of somewhat dissimilar pics more "normal" for online retailing.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet are you guys still making your way through the remainder of the Hertling EFF? New site looks awesome so far. As well, I think shooting everything outdoors is a great idea. I know i've asked so many times for natural light pictures if I'm unsure of the colour on something so that will be a huge benefit to everyone I think.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet are you guys still making your way through the remainder of the Hertling EFF? New site looks awesome so far. As well, I think shooting everything outdoors is a great idea. I know i've asked so many times for natural light pictures if I'm unsure of the colour on something so that will be a huge benefit to everyone I think.

Yup, got two more boxes to run thru, we should get to it all this week. And thanks for the feedback!

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a styling question for you guys. Coming from my old-school background in e-commerce, it was always a rule that main navigation pics are shot in a studio, to keep everything clean and uniform. I personally think that studio shots always pale in comparison to natural light pictures. It was a necessity in NYC as 40% of the year is unfriendly to shooting outside due to weather, but this is no longer an issue. I'm thinking to shoot EVERY single thing outdoors. I'll keep the background sort of consistent, but work to show the item in the best light. And we'll no longer have problems of studio vs. outdoor color.. where the outdoor color is nearly always more true.

What do you think? I kind of feel like Instagram has made these grids of somewhat dissimilar pics more "normal" for online retailing.

If you're shooting in good light, shoot outside. Your instincts are good, and it tells the story of who you guys are - who cares what the e-commerce rules are? :)

iamtripp

Reaction score
Echo other comments on the nice look of the new site. Also, if the examples of the outdoor shots of things so far after the transition to California hold true, I like the idea of outdoor shots. Natural light is very helpful.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New site looks excellent! I'm looking at it on my iPad so I'm not sure if I'm enjoying the mobile upgrades or not but whatever I'm looking at is a big improvement.

The idea to use more natural light photos is a great idea. @Skoaktiebolaget started integrating natural light photos on the website and I find it very helpful to get a sense of the true color of a pair of shoes.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Hope that all is well! We're kind on on the same schedule as Styleforum, and in the midst of redoing our entire website.

Ha. I had 12 hours of sleep last week!

Also, dammit, I should not have visited your site, because now I need these:
Woven_Slip_On_Pair_1024x1024.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads