• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have the Stormcloud Wool-Silk-Linen trouser (link)? I believe it was on a previous EFF and am considering as a warm weather trouser, as I don't have any brown-tone trousers lin lightweight fabrics (shocking). For those who have it, what's the fabric like? Would the weight/hand/breathability work for the dog days of a hot, humid mid-Atlantic July?

EDIT: Am I right that the fabric is actually brown? Took another look and can't tell 100% with the background.
. Thought it was gray. Also thinking about it.

evilWagon

Reaction score

Does anyone have the Stormcloud Wool-Silk-Linen trouser (link)? I believe it was on a previous EFF and am considering as a warm weather trouser, as I don't have any brown-tone trousers lin lightweight fabrics (shocking). For those who have it, what's the fabric like? Would the weight/hand/breathability work for the dog days of a hot, humid mid-Atlantic July?

EDIT: Am I right that the fabric is actually brown? Took another look and can't tell 100% with the background.

It looks grey with hints of blue, you can get a better feel for the colour from the mto link;
http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/bottoms/products/made-to-order-trousers-linen-blends

evilWagon

Reaction score

@evilWagon
 we're going to put @EP Sam
 in touch with you. Quick answer is: I think that we can get you a better fit than the Rudy. At your height, you really need something that can be done in a Long fitting. I can't guarantee that the first try will be perfect, but we can definitely get you a pant that will be very wearable - and probably even more refined with a bit of tailoring. We'll need a set of measurements for pants that fit you well now. 

Sounds good enough for me to pass on these killer fabrics in the EFF, the stormcloud, reda hopsack, donegal tweed etc had all caught my eye. I'll wait patiently for more details. Hopefully you have an inexpensive fabric as an option while we nail down sizing before I order some of the more premium stuff. If I can find a style that fits well at reasonable prices (for the quality) I'd likely order a dozen pairs. Finding my size in a cut that's more tailored and is well made using quality materials for a price that I can justify wearing them daily is proving impossible to find.

Last edited:

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
teak shell tennis trainers
thrilled to have em, mike and adele hit it out of the park with these.

teak on teak

Nice! Matching your shoes with your selvedge ID
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
teak shell tennis trainers
thrilled to have em, mike and adele hit it out of the park with these.

teak on teak

DV, your Teaks are looking soo good. Can't wait for mine to come in!!!

How heavy are the Grape Flannels? Really love the color, but I'm worried there'd only be a few days a year where I could wear them in SoCal.

Curious here as well!

-Mike

510kut

Reaction score
Any interested in buying the shell teak tennis trainers size 9? I haven't even tried them on. Shoot me a pm.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thr grape flannels are a true flannel. Heavier than the latest rounds of VBC flannels but not quite in the Shetland tweed weight

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EP Dylan

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank Epaulet for the customer service and quality of products. I recently took advantage of Southwick suit offer and bought the Blue wool/mohair suit. Dylan at EP was extremely helpful in sizing. I received the suit much quicker than expected. The fit was spot on and the suit was stunning. I have worn the suit 4 times and I cannot count the number of times that someone has complimented the suit. The suit was a HOMERUN. Again thank you

Thanks, bud! My pleasure. I'm glad the suit worked out so well!!!

pekingman

Reaction score
I do actually have another stock Walt delivery coming right before Thanksgiving. We're looking at stock Walts in:

Oxford Grey Flannel
Pearl Grey Flannel
Saffron Donegal
Navy Donegal
Grey Donegal
Mink-Wool-Cashmere

Mike - are the stock Pearl Grey Flannel Walts going to be in the same fabric as listed the MTO option? If not, which is the heavier weight? The two lambswool Walts I have already (Air Force Blue and Lovat I think they were called) are really comfortable and warm enough, except on really windy days, and I definitely need something like this for my winter wardrobe.

Good to see the cashminks also lined up for a reappearance - those things are bezonkers warm!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FABETTTTT