• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NCowardParody

Reaction score
Yeah man, thanks!
I should also add that I would be completely happy with an Heirloom in 42, especially since it sounds like these cardigans will stretch with wear. As I mentioned before, I tried on a 42 in-store and loved it. There was some strain on the buttons near the broadest parts of my chest but I have no doubt the 42 would ease into a great fit over time. I'm just interested in having the option to layer underneath this thing as it gets colder here in NYC, hence the 44...

Last edited:

NCowardParody

Reaction score
So, my wife has the hardie in size 34 and wears it like a robe aroud the house. On me, it's a little long in sleeves and body because I'm not tall. In general it is "bulky."

Do you guys find the heirloom to be less "bulky" than the hardie?
I've tried on both and yes - I'd say the Heirloom is significantly less bulky than the Hardie... but the Heirloom is still a thick, warm, cozy-ass son of a gun...

Jdub6

Reaction score
Totally stoked after receiving my first Epaulet garment in the black rivet chinos. The fit/quality is as stated. 34's are absolutely perfect for my 6'-170lb frame. So nice I couldn't help but order some in moleskin and G&L twill..very dangerous thread to subscribe to:)

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Racing Green Flannels

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Totally stoked after receiving my first Epaulet garment in the black rivet chinos. The fit/quality is as stated. 34's are absolutely perfect for my 6'-170lb frame. So nice I couldn't help but order some in moleskin and G&L twill..very dangerous thread to subscribe to:) 

Thanks! And glad to hear that you're pleased with it.

I've tried on both and yes - I'd say the Heirloom is significantly less bulky than the Hardie... but the Heirloom is still a thick, warm, cozy-ass son of a gun...

I should also add that I would be completely happy with an Heirloom in 42, especially since it sounds like these cardigans will stretch with wear. As I mentioned before, I tried on a 42 in-store and loved it. There was some strain on the buttons near the broadest parts of my chest but I have no doubt the 42 would ease into a great fit over time. I'm just interested in having the option to layer underneath this thing as it gets colder here in NYC, hence the 44...

So, my wife has the hardie in size 34 and wears it like a robe aroud the house. On me, it's a little long in sleeves and body because I'm not tall. In general it is "bulky."

Do you guys find the heirloom to be less "bulky" than the hardie?

The two sweaters have a large difference in their style of knitting. The Heirloom has a very open knit that allows air to flow through. The Hardie is much more closed up. Both of them wear like the chunky pieces that they are.

The Heirloom - given its more open knit - works good as a jacket on earlier Fall days. It's 55 degrees today in Brooklyn, and I'm wearing mine as a jacket. It's absolutely perfect. I'd say that it would work as such from the low 60's to the low 50's. For the Hardie, you'd probably have to move that down by about 5 degrees - so around the mid 50s to mid 40s. Layered under another jacket, they'd both be equally warm.

I want to get in on that pre order for the cardigan but just not sure how much I would wear it

It would have to be your style, but I think that you'd get a ton of wear out of it given your area.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, I'm wearing my heirloom today in NYC as well. I picked mine up Friday. I absolutely love it. I have a ton of sweaters in this style (mostly from RRL), and this is probably the best. I'll buy them annually going forward

Last edited:

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I wear suits/SCs for work and then outside of work I want to be super casual. Usually denim and a hoodie. I think I want to change my look outside of work. I might pull the trigger. Charcoal, Purple, or Glacier?
If you are changing up your look, I'd go glacier. More unique than charcoal but less attention-attracting than grape. I have the grape, but it is definitely going to attract more attention than the other two.

As for people asking about fit, it is quite slim. I took my sport coat size and it fits fine but looks quite fitted. When Mike et al. says it fits with the general line of most EP goods they are 100% right.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mike, I'm wearing my heirloom today in NYC as well. I picked mine up Friday. I absolutely love it. I have a ton of sweaters in this style (mostly from RRL), and this is probably the best. I'll buy them annually going forward

Excellent - glad to hear that you like it so much!

Oh and hey, if any Heirloom owners are on facebook, the people from Northern Watters would probably be jazzed if you throw them a like and a comment:

https://www.facebook.com/nwknitwear

Pardon my ignorance, but is winter white actually white? Or a cream-white?

The winter white flannel? It's pretty white, but not quite an optic white.

It's insane. It's a completely nutzo and very luxurious Fall/Winter pant. You definitely have to wear it carefully. Although, according to Thom Browne, they're safe for ice skating

All jokes aside, they'll look a lot like that when made up. Match them with a navy flannel or cashmere blazer and they are seriously elegant.

In for a grape or derby marl...hhhhmmm leaning grape but not sure yet

Ah yeah, I feel like you're a grape dude :)

So I wear suits/SCs for work and then outside of work I want to be super casual. Usually denim and a hoodie. I think I want to change my look outside of work. I might pull the trigger. Charcoal, Purple, or Glacier?

Charcoal is safe, very wearable, and an excellent match to denim. So is Derby.

Both Purple and Glacier are more eye-catching, but will work well with indigo. Kind of depends on your taste, but Glacier is far and away the favorite. It's a really electric color.

What to do if I'm a 39 haha :decisions:

Definitely get the 40. It will look good on you, while the 38 has a good chance of being too small.

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excellent - glad to hear that you like it so much!

Oh and hey, if any Heirloom owners are on facebook, the people from Northern Watters would probably be jazzed if you throw them a like and a comment:

https://www.facebook.com/nwknitwear

Charcoal is safe, very wearable, and an excellent match to denim. So is Derby.

Both Purple and Glacier are more eye-catching, but will work well with indigo. Kind of depends on your taste, but Glacier is far and away the favorite. It's a really electric color.

Charcoal kopped!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads