• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How hard wearing are these chinos? Thanks.
Edit: I do see some info in this link.

Indestructible. Literally, I've shredded pants on things that barely marked the 10oz duck. I will buy a pair in every color.

Today was graduation, I'm really sad to see a lot of these boogers go on, but I guess its why I do what I do...anyway, was gonna go with the Suede Carminas, but with the impending doom of severe storms later (which I did get caught in on the way back from lunch with my boss) went with the chestnut shell Fitz...what a shoe.

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2342.jpg

Followed by my little girls birthday party at a local pottery joint...can't believe she's already 4.
IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

LankyFellow

Reaction score

finally grabbed the 10 oz French blue ducks (waiting for my size to pop up since february). Also got a chance to speak to Mike over the phone; what a stand-up nice guy. Will be getting others to proxy my vote via FB (cancelled mine 4 years ago). Maybe the 250K grant can go towards a opening SF Bay Area shop? Hayes Valley, Noe Valley, Chestnut St, even in the Mission over near Unionmade where all the hipstars are.

A San Francisco shop would make me so happy :nodding:

jpc9

Reaction score
Indestructible. Literally, I've shredded pants on things that barely marked the 10oz duck. I will buy a pair in every color.
Today was graduation, I'm really sad to see a lot of these boogers go on, but I guess its why I do what I do...anyway, was gonna go with the Suede Carminas, but with the impending doom of severe storms later (which I did get caught in on the way back from lunch with my boss) went with the chestnut shell Fitz...what a shoe.

IMG_2342.jpg
Hot dam, the chestnut fitz is some shoe. Nice fit on the suit and cute little girl. They grow so fast. Mine is still that size in my head, even though she's more than twice that age...

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Today's is the first time I've seen the 10oz and 7oz French blue Rivet Chinos online at the same time on the Rivet Chino page. The 7oz looks a lot "bolder" next to the 10oz. Are they closer in real life?

Durazing

Reaction score

Are the 10 oz French Blues darker than the 7 oz, or is that just the picture?

Good question as I agree the 10oz looks distinctly better in the Epaulet shop images. I am hoping they do look the same as I just ordered the 7oz version and I much prefer the photos of the 10oz.

altmana

Reaction score

Today's is the first time I've seen the 10oz and 7oz French blue Rivet Chinos online at the same time on the Rivet Chino page. The 7oz looks a lot "bolder" next to the 10oz. Are they closer in real life?

Can't say what the 7oz look like in real life but comparing the photos to my 10oz, the 7oz's appear a little brighter and bolder vs the 10s.

thebunk

Reaction score

I voted this AM when I got the email. I was vote #61, which makes me think this in an interesting exercise in the reach/impact of SF. I have no doubt Mike and Co. can get to 250 votes, but it will likely take more than the active readers of this thread--I'm guessing we collectively punch above our weight in terms of total numbers vs. total spending. So, gotta share on FB (if you still use it, that is).

See I was thinking the opposite. I thought we would see 250 by this weekend, no problem. I think there are a lot of lurkers here. I know I do not post tons but read this thread multiple times a day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads