• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, the legs are definitely where I notice it. I actually struggle to get them over my heels because the leg opening is so much smaller (and since my recent purchase was 3 pairs, i now have 3 pairs of pants that are bordering on too tight from the first wash)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For Rivet Chinos, we've been using the same patterns now for about 6 years, and the same cutting and sewing facility for about 4 years. As far as I've seen, things have been consistent - although some washed and dyed fabrics will have variance.

However, there are some changes to Rivets that we were making before 2018. They were done in a mix of LA, Pennsylvania, and Georgia, and each location had it's own differences.

Would you guys mind sharing the fabrics that you ordered?

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Butterscotch Sanded Canvas, ordered 1/24/2023. size 33:
waist:17.25
inseam: 32.25
leg opening: 7.5

Russet Tencell Twill, ordered 8/23/2023, size 33:
waist: 17.25
leg opening 7.5

Java ripcord, order 3/28/24, size 33:
waist: 17
leg opening: 7

same with my other 2 ripcords

But the big thing that made me think something definitely changed is the rear pocket. The butterscotch (and all my older rivets) have a 5 inch deep rear pocket. The Ripcord has a 3 inch pocket

edit to say: i listed the inseam so you know i'm comparing the leg opening at similar spots

alexbowles

Reaction score
For me it was the Tencel (olive) and the recent stitch sashiko that I noticed it most, but also with the Sienna Donegal tweed to a degree. Didn't have any such problem with the espresso hopsack from last year.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks for the feedback guys! I'll pass it along and look at everything critically when we do our next Rivet cutting.

Tencel was a bit of an outlier, I think that the composition of that fabric made it sew up a bit smaller. I'm honestly not totally sure why, it's the only time I've ever used it. But we did a lot of cotton-tencel without issue.

Stitchwork Sashiko was initially sewn about 1.5x larger than the pattern, and then it shrank post-dye. It's hard to get this exactly right and the final sizing after each dye bath will always have some variance. I did find that it stretched quite a bit with wear, so you can expect that those will break in. The initial size is the smallest that it will ever be.

But yeah, I'll run this by everyone so we can keep things as consistent as possible!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rivet Last Call.jpg

Rivet Chinos Prints, Wool-Silk, Chambray, Denim, Ripstop

Rivet Chino Orders Close Today

Don't miss out on one of our best fabric offerings yet! Our team is finishing up Corso jackets and Kamigatas, so this Rivet Chino production is getting cut first thing next week.

Orders close today at midnight so we can be on track for delivery. There's 9 beautiful fabrics to choose from.

Sizes 28 to 40 are available to order. Finished inseams are available as well! Pricing starts at $125.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Corso Announcement.jpg

A huge thanks to everyone who preordered the Corso jacket!

It's one of the best pieces that we've ever offered, and I'm super excited for it. We do a ton of outerwear, and I think that there was a real need for something lined and elegant. These are going to be absolutely beautiful.

They're scheduled to finish first thing Tuesday morning, and I'm going to look to ship them that day. The cutting is complete, so you'll see your tracking number generated over the weekend. We're a bit late on this because the factory wanted to take extra time with pressing the seams between operations. They're going to be really excellent!

And if you missed out on the preorder: I'll have some additional fabrics for open stock. Not a lot of pieces total, but most sizes will be covered.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys! Three quick things:

1) The Corso jackets are even better than I had anticipated. They are GORGEOUS! There's very little open stock in the preorder fabrics, but I brought in a few new stock fabrics to launch. I'll need a little more time, but they should go online early tomorrow. Preorders are en-route to customers as we speak.

2) We'll launch our Fox Bros collection this week. I'm going to introduce it with a 20% off code, which will offer our best pricing for the whole year. I know the Summer's coming and all, but we need to get the cloth from Fox and have it sewn and the factory will shut down for 10 days of Summer holiday, so we're probably looking at a mid August delivery on this anyway. Once you get it, Fall won't be too far off. This stuff is amazing.

3) Apropos of nothing, I binged a podcast all weekend. It's called "Waiting for Impact," and on the surface it's one man's search for what happened to "Sudden Impact," the odd band of white guys who were teased in the Boyz II Men "Motown Philly" music video but never actually released any music.

It's partially about that, but also talks about what it was like being a musician in those days, dealing with record labels and MTV, and the highs and lows of that career. I seriously enjoyed it:

https://www.exactlyrightmedia.com/waiting-for-impact

211006-fallon-sudden-impact-tease_l4wreo

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Three quick things:

1) The Corso jackets are even better than I had anticipated. They are GORGEOUS! There's very little open stock in the preorder fabrics, but I brought in a few new stock fabrics to launch. I'll need a little more time, but they should go online early tomorrow. Preorders are en-route to customers as we speak.

2) We'll launch our Fox Bros collection this week. I'm going to introduce it with a 20% off code, which will offer our best pricing for the whole year. I know the Summer's coming and all, but we need to get the cloth from Fox and have it sewn and the factory will shut down for 10 days of Summer holiday, so we're probably looking at a mid August delivery on this anyway. Once you get it, Fall won't be too far off. This stuff is amazing.

3) Apropos of nothing, I binged a podcast all weekend. It's called "Waiting for Impact," and on the surface it's one man's search for what happened to "Sudden Impact," the odd band of white guys who were teased in the Boyz II Men "Motown Philly" music video but never actually released any music.

It's partially about that, but also talks about what it was like being a musician in those days, dealing with record labels and MTV, and the highs and lows of that career. I seriously enjoyed it:

https://www.exactlyrightmedia.com/waiting-for-impact

211006-fallon-sudden-impact-tease_l4wreo

Holy sh!t. A friend of mine have, for at least the last 30 years, mentioned them as joke periodically. Boyz II Men, ABC, BBD. We have always said, we've got to track those guys down.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shame on me for taking this long to realize, but kudos to the Epaulet design squad for their Nico trousers. For my preferences, they are by FAR the best RTW trouser cut out there.

AMAZING to have an honest to goodness high rise on a pair of RTW.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Holy sh!t. A friend of mine have, for at least the last 30 years, mentioned them as joke periodically. Boyz II Men, ABC, BBD. We have always said, we've got to track those guys down.

SAME!

It's such a funny perspective on the monoculture of the time. If you were a certain age in 1991, then you were probably watching MTV and you were probably seeing that video. And since every other act was accounted for, you were left wondering what happened to the white guys who looked like a team of Chili's servers who just finished a shift.

It's hilarious to check out the clothes in this video in 2024. It's like Noah, Rowing Blazers, and Aime Leon Dore did a triple collab to style these guys:

Shame on me for taking this long to realize, but kudos to the Epaulet design squad for their Nico trousers. For my preferences, they are by FAR the best RTW trouser cut out there.

AMAZING to have an honest to goodness high rise on a pair of RTW.

So great to hear that you like it! We've actually done a lot of Nico's this year, I love seeing that trouser come through.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SAME!

It's such a funny perspective on the monoculture of the time. If you were a certain age in 1991, then you were probably watching MTV and you were probably seeing that video. And since every other act was accounted for, you were left wondering what happened to the white guys who looked like a team of Chili's servers who just finished a shift.

It's hilarious to check out the clothes in this video in 2024. It's like Noah, Rowing Blazers, and Aime Leon Dore did a triple collab to style these guys:

So great to hear that you like it! We've actually done a lot of Nico's this year, I love seeing that trouser come through.

Will def be on the lookout for upcoming trousers. And A+ to the CS crew for letting me nix the back pockets :slayer:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SAME!

I just downloaded all of the podcasts to listen on my commute over the next week. I blame Michael Bivins for it all. After all, he was running the show.

I think Bivins intended to ride B2M to a huge payday the way NE had been robbed of their earnings by their original management team (Pebbles did the same thing with TLC). Similar to NE, the Boyz from Philly left Bivins after only one album.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just downloaded all of the podcasts to listen on my commute over the next week. I blame Michael Bivins for it all. After all, he was running the show.

I think Bivins intended to ride B2M to a huge payday the way NE had been robbed of their earnings by their original management team (Pebbles did the same thing with TLC). Similar to NE, the Boyz from Philly left Bivins after only one album.
Absolutely yeah, and they go into all of that. Bivens was only 22 at the time and all sorts of his plans were dashed.

Sudden Impact was definitely his way to get back at Maurice Starr for stealing their money and capitalizing on New Kids on the Block.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TPX99