• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Real quick... I got a deluge of inquiries about the Piacenza Antique Grey Check Cashmere in our custom doyle item. I shot a quick daylight video to show it better...

YOU CAN ORDER IT IN A DOYLE OR A FIELD JACKET AT THIS LINK

This is definitely the pinnacle of RTC's fabric collection and it's gorgeous. It's definitely an investment, but using the rtc15 code for 15% off gets you to a final price of $591. That's fully custom, made to your specs with your choice of buttons and trim, and sewn by the best tailored artisans in the USA.

Compare that to OTR chore and teba jackets going for $700 in pretty normal dress wool or flannel, and it's really a great deal. Definitely something to consider adding to your wardrobe! It's a closeout fabric for them, so we have enough to do about 6 or 7 more jackets (depending on what sizes everyone orders)

And tell you what... if anyone here orders this and wants either the MOP or leather wrapped button upgrade, then it's on me. Just order the jacket with those buttons, and I'll send you a refund for the upcharge. Cashmere this rad pretty much demands a premium button!

Antique Grey Cashmere Made Up.jpg

Last edited:

jms

Reaction score
Real quick... I got a deluge of inquiries about the Piacenza Antique Grey Check Cashmere in our custom doyle item. I shot a quick daylight video to show it better...

YOU CAN ORDER IT IN A DOYLE OR A FIELD JACKET AT THIS LINK

This is definitely the pinnacle of RTC's fabric collection and it's gorgeous. It's definitely an investment, but using the rtc15 code for 15% off gets you to a final price of $591. That's fully custom, made to your specs with your choice of buttons and trim, and sewn by the best tailored artisans in the USA.

Compare that to OTR chore and teba jackets going for $700 in pretty normal dress wool or flannel, and it's really a great deal. Definitely something to consider adding to your wardrobe! It's a closeout fabric for them, so we have enough to do about 6 or 7 more jackets (depending on what sizes everyone orders)

And tell you what... if anyone here orders this and wants either the MOP or leather wrapped button upgrade, then it's on me. Just order the jacket with those buttons, and I'll send you a refund for the upcharge. Cashmere this rad pretty much demands a premium button!

View attachment 1737625

Maybe this has been asked before, but can RTC do elbow patches on the Doyle shape?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Maybe this has been asked before, but can RTC do elbow patches on the Doyle shape?

Yup, they absolutely can! It's a $50 upcharge, and we have all of the suede colors shown below. This should be active in the item, not sure why it's not in there. I'll get it fixed up later tonight.

Suede Elbow Patch.jpg

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know on this thread if hertling is still around? They stopped posting on ig and I heard not responding to emails. They made a move a while back and then disappeared.

Reactions: ljl

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just want to give thanks to Eva for my Epaulet cashmere knit cap. I wish I had bought more than one in different colors. I have a couple other cashmere caps from other makers that I bought to coordinate with other jackets, but somehow, despite being thinner, the one from Epaulet remains the warmest and doesn't pill at all after years of reliable wear. I don't have much hair left on top so walking the dog with the temperature in the 40s and lower is not fun and tonight around 20' is really brutal when I'm not wearing my Epaulet cashmere watch cap.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone know on this thread if hertling is still around? They stopped posting on ig and I heard not responding to emails. They made a move a while back and then disappeared.

They're still operating, but catching up on an enormous backlog. As it stands, I'm waiting on about 16 pairs of Garand trousers. That's a shape that only Hertling can make. We transferred everything else to RTC a while back

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I went to my first real concert on my own when I was 15yo. Traveled into NYC to see Body Count, Anthrax, and Primus together. It was the first time that I ever saw a mosh pit, and the Body Count set was absolutely insane - as you'd imagine.

If you told me back then that the front man would eventually be a Cheerios "heart health coach," then... yeah... I would have had a difficult time picturing that...

IMG_3298.jpg

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Had a gig last week to guest DJ at Three Weavers brewery in Inglewood. Had my brown Wabash stripe Wilhelm’s on which somewhat kept me warm. Good to get some time outside and some beers ?

0E72F8E4-3A28-4E37-B0FF-7EC34FF44C7F.jpeg

Wearing a blast from the past. Liberty Print New England Shirt today too. Still fits for the most part. Those prints were probably probably some of my favorites.
781F156C-CB5A-4F44-A486-42516317761E.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We went downtown today to pick up some new fabric offerings and to finalize the Sashiko Rivet chino setup. They're cutting everything tomorrow morning and should be well into sewing work by the end of the week.

It was raining, which is kind of rare, so I took the opportunity to snap some pics on our way to the shop. This pic came together pretty nicely as street photography. Iphones have admittedly made me pretty lazy about daily snapshots, but I'm going to try and take the real camera out more often this year.

DSC02557.jpg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to my first real concert on my own when I was 15yo. Traveled into NYC to see Body Count, Anthrax, and Primus together. It was the first time that I ever saw a mosh pit, and the Body Count set was absolutely insane - as you'd imagine.

If you told me back then that the front man would eventually be a Cheerios "heart health coach," then... yeah... I would have had a difficult time picturing that...

View attachment 1738604

I went to the grocery store this evening and bought a box of Honey Nut Cheerios. I had the exact same reaction upon seeing Ice-T on the back of the box when I was putting them away a bit ago.

Now I’ve got Ice-T on the brain. I’ll have to listen to some Power and Rhyme Pays on my run tomorrow.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1738604

The first concert I went to unaccompanied by adults was Ice-T and Bodycount (opener was The Hard Corps.) on Feb 10, 1991 at the Metro in Chicago. I was a huge Ice-T fan at the time. My friend and I were soft mugged on the L passing through the projects that night being forced to buy CDs we didn’t want at a price well above their value. lmao

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I went to the grocery store this evening and bought a box of Honey Nut Cheerios. I had the exact same reaction upon seeing Ice-T on the back of the box when I was putting them away a bit ago.

Now I’ve got Ice-T on the brain. I’ll have to listen to some Power and Rhyme Pays on my run tomorrow.

Okay good, so I'm not the only crazy person seeing this. I can't wait for the Metamucil vs Slayer collab!

The first concert I went to unaccompanied by adults was Ice-T and Bodycount (opener was The Hard Corps.) on Feb 10, 1991 at the Metro in Chicago. I was a huge Ice-T fan at the time. My friend and I were soft mugged on the L passing through the projects that night being forced to buy CDs we didn’t want at a price well above their value. lmao

Haha that's a great story! With Coach Ice-T by your side, the only thing getting soft mugged these days is your low-density lipoprotein cholesterol!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first concert without adults was Lollapollooza ‘94 with Smashing Pumpkins (Bob Seager of all people came on stage with them), George Clinton and the P-Funk All Stars, Beastie Boys, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (I had never heard of Nick Cave and this set blew me away), A Tribe Called Quest, The Breeders, The Flaming Lips, Guided by Voices, Lambchop, Will Oldham and a bunch of others I had never heard of and/or since forgotten.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My first concert without adults was Lollapollooza ‘94 with Smashing Pumpkins (Bob Seager of all people came on stage with them), George Clinton and the P-Funk All Stars, Beastie Boys, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (I had never heard of Nick Cave and this set blew me away), A Tribe Called Quest, The Breeders, The Flaming Lips, Guided by Voices, Lambchop, Will Oldham and a bunch of others I had never heard of and/or since forgotten.

Wow, how cool... I went to that exact one! Saw it on Randall's Island in NYC.

@Epaulet, Is there any plan to ever have custom Sinclair jackets available through RTC? (Where you can customize body length and sleeve length)

Definitely yes... we actually have our first unit on order for @Churchill W right now. I'm hesitant to take any additional ones until his comes through, but adding the Sinclair into our lineup is definitely in the plans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads