• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how many people remember Adina Howard as an artist who had a hit song as opposed to people only who only know her name from the Ghostface line in "Ice Cream."

I know her as the woman who sings “Freak Like Me” and I have to change the settings on my stereo every time it comes up on Backspin Rock the Bells Radio so I can see who’s singing and remember that it’s Adina Howard.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I know her as the woman who sings “Freak Like Me” and I have to change the settings on my stereo every time it comes up on Backspin Rock the Bells Radio so I can see who’s singing and remember that it’s Adina Howard.

Honestly I prefer her earlier avant-garde work, before she went commercial and sold out to a major label.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upboat for Backspin.

I’m a Studio 54 man myself.

I don’t think I’ve ever listened to Studio 54. I’ll have to check that channel out.

FWIW, I used to think paying money for satellite radio but now I wouldn’t go without it.

My parents felt the same way when they got a free year of satellite radio when they bought a new car a while back. They were planning on just letting the trial end but it happened when they were in the middle of a road trip out in the middle of nowhere in southern Georgia and the only stations they could pick up were a bunch of religious stations. My mom said that lasted about 15 minutes before she was calling SiriusXM to pay to get it turned back on. They’ve kept it ever since then (though I doubt they ever venture away from either the 60s channel or NPR).

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever gone to one of those throwback shows? I was tempted by one a few years ago, but ultimately decided against it because no one could assure me that BBD's set list would be something along the lines of:

Poison
Poison
Poison
Do Me
Poison
Poison
Do Me
Poison

Like, is Montell gonna get on stage and say he wants to sing his new songs? And if he does, will the crowd rightfully pelt the stage w/ cans of beer?

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL this is just amazing. Although I have to take exception with "Thong Song" being credited to Dru Hill when it was clearly a Sisqo solo track.

I think only Sisqo and Nokio remain from the original Dru Hill, so it's close enough to credit Incomplete and Thong Song to Dru Hill's current makeup. I saw them perform at the Fudgery in Baltimore Harbor in 1991/92 before they got their record deal. They would sing primarily New Edition songs while making fudge. I almost missed my bus back to school from our field trip they were so good.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Sashiko Throw Blanket Project: Order Now for August Delivery

60f0e7c5b5d9e3159b7246c2.jpg

Our Sashiko Throw Blanket is the official best-selling product of 2021! With over 400 units produced and sold, it's a stylish and practical year-round item that grows ever better with wash and wear. It makes for an amazing gift too!

By popular demand, we're running a quick preorder for a new batch of blankets. We have enough cloth on hand for 100 pieces, and the final products will ship within the next four weeks. We've discounted it's MSRP of $125 to $95 for this preorder. While it's great for use outdoors, it's also a lovely accent for the inside of your home. Five colors are available... Natural, Indigo, Olive, Shadow Ink, and the new Fluorescent Yellow!

Order link below
SASHIKO THROW BLANKET PROJECT (AUGUST DELIVERY)

60f0e7d3bf91155692654ff8.jpg

Reactions: jms

Beav

Reaction score
Sashiko Throw Blanket Project: Order Now for August Delivery

View attachment 1639596

Our Sashiko Throw Blanket is the official best-selling product of 2021! With over 400 units produced and sold, it's a stylish and practical year-round item that grows ever better with wash and wear. It makes for an amazing gift too!

By popular demand, we're running a quick preorder for a new batch of blankets. We have enough cloth on hand for 100 pieces, and the final products will ship within the next four weeks. We've discounted it's MSRP of $125 to $95 for this preorder. While it's great for use outdoors, it's also a lovely accent for the inside of your home. Five colors are available... Natural, Indigo, Olive, Shadow Ink, and the new Fluorescent Yellow!

Order link below
SASHIKO THROW BLANKET PROJECT (AUGUST DELIVERY)

View attachment 1639597
So am I the only one tempted to ask for a fluorescent doyle ?

• Haha
Reactions: jms

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Sashiko Blanket Reviews, Photos, and Testimonials

Hey guys if you don't mind, we would love to get some photos of how you're using your sashiko blankets or testimonials on what you love about them. We've sold quite a few so far and with the new pre-order we would love to get them into more peoples hands. Thank you!

I'm personally taking my highlighter orange sashiko blanket to the beach this weekend. :cool:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads