• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
The prices of the spring Doyle releases are crazy! I don’t even want a denim Doyle but at that price I begin to think well what’s the harm in having one just in case!

Hypothetically, if someone orders both khaki and sage, is that person being silly?

And finally, when are the surplus (color) Sashikos out?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coming up on 5000 pages / 75K posts here. I'll probably miss it, but what an amazing milestone. Maybe we should post our favorite stuff from Eva / Epaulet in celebration?

I'll start:
1MnfPoE.jpg

I'm struggling to find a pic that does the Navy Olive Windowpane wool/silk/linen suit justice. It's probably my favorite piece of clothing I've ever owned - a stunner - and when I had to go to Mumbai, Bangkok and Jakarta for work a couple of summers ago, an absolute freaking lifesaver in the heat.

I have a lot of items from Epaulet that I just love - Eva's ability to bring some unique and killer fabrics has been a lot of fun. Looking through my pix, I've managed to forget how much cool stuff I've been able to catch. I just wish I had excuses to wear it all these days, but I can see opportunities opening in the near future.

So apologies for being early, but I'm going to be heads-down a fair bit of tomorrow, and it seems like a good time to celebrate. Thanks for being awesome and congrats on building a great community here on StyleForum!
Damn, that's an impressively polished pair of Strands. Love the pants too, obvi.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, that's an impressively polished pair of Strands. Love the pants too, obvi.
ah man! I'm out of practice at my shell-spotting. they appear to have burnished toe caps, so that threw me off. gorgeous nonetheless.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
The prices of the spring Doyle releases are crazy! I don’t even want a denim Doyle but at that price I begin to think well what’s the harm in having one just in case!

Hypothetically, if someone orders both khaki and sage, is that person being silly?

Khaki and Sage do compliment the new nutmeg Sashiko rivets. Shades of brown and olive always look so good together.

Eva would know better the Surplus color release.

Also, is this frosty blue chambray the same as the frosty blue crosshatch chambray from last year? Chambray is hard to read online.

It's another chambray, I've seen it when we picked it up but it's definitely hard to read depending on the light. Should look beautiful worn in, washed, and faded.

aapmm

Reaction score
@L.I.T. do you know the weights of the charcoal twill? And if it will age like a pair of jeans (fades) or regular chinos? The Japanese mill makes me think it might be more like a denim.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ming here! Started my first official ‘full time’ day at Epaulet yesterday. Been helping out since last year because I was out of work from my last design job with lay offs and all. I’ve been a customer myself for over 12 year maybe, since 2007-2008ish. Looking forward to getting everything made and shipped out to you! I can be reached at [email protected].

Here’s a fit pic between work trips in South LA. Wearing my Variegated Corduroy Sinclair and Band collar Individualized Shirt (my first made up shirt actually or second.)

View attachment 1608178

Welcome aboard!! I can't be more excited about having Ming here full time. You guys can feel free to reach out to him anytime.

Also, is this frosty blue chambray the same as the frosty blue crosshatch chambray from last year? Chambray is hard to read online.

Thanks dude, glad that you like them! I'll make a formal post shortly that's talking about all of the fabrics and the reason behind our pricing, but for your specifics:

1) Denim Doyles are amazing and this price can't be beat! We've done quite a few of them to date. I'm having a hard time finding photos, but check out this video of a stock piece from a few years back:

This Kaihara denim doesn't have that greenish interior, but hopefully it gives you an idea for the overall vibe here. It's a perfect match for khaki, olive, and tan cotton pants.

Oh and here's a Rivet made up in denim, can't say enough good things about that! It's a great alternative to a 5-pocket jean.

Rivet Antique Indigo.jpg

2) No, buying both Khaki and Sage is not crazy lol. Both are fantastic basic colors. The Khaki jungle cloth is AMAZING, and it has the same great texture and slub as the legendary Dean's Nuts jacket. Sage is an easy neutral tone that's just as versatile as khaki, but a little less common.

3) Nope, this is a new Frosty Blue. It's actually quite different than the one from last year, I just might (finally) be running out of clever names for this stuff! But it's an awesome lightweight chambray.

4) Surplus olive preorders (extended sizes) will ship today, but the core sizes are going to be sold by American Trench. I imagine that they'll have them online and available in two weeks or so.

That's the magic of natty shell actually - I think I've only ever brushed them (though they have seen a lot of brushing ;) )

Wow, they are so good!!

@Epaulet Is it possible to order Wilhelms in the current Rivet promotion? Didn't see mention of this above.

Not for this round... I'll set up fabrics separately when we're ready to run Wilhelms. I'm keeping the models here limited (Doyle & Rivet only), so that we can get everything made and delivered on time.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
@L.I.T. do you know the weights of the charcoal twill? And if it will age like a pair of jeans (fades) or regular chinos? The Japanese mill makes me think it might be more like a denim.

Hey @aapmm I don’t know the exact weight but I’ve tried them on before and their more of a light to medium weight. They have this really smooth texture that’s unlike regular jeans.

And I think they’ll fade more like regular chinos since it’s charcoal. In my experience indigo tends to get you the really sweet fades. We’ve sold quite a few stock pairs so maybe somebody in the forum can confirm or post pics of how they fade, that would be greatly appreciated.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @aapmm I don’t know the exact weight but I’ve tried them on before and their more of a light to medium weight. They have this really smooth texture that’s unlike regular jeans.

And I think they’ll fade more like regular chinos since it’s charcoal. In my experience indigo tends to get you the really sweet fades. We’ve sold quite a few stock pairs so maybe somebody in the forum can confirm or post pics of how they fade, that would be greatly appreciated.

Yup... exactly this! The weight is around 10oz, so they're a lot lighter than the typical denim used for jeans.

As a chino, it works great for a minimal vibe. We've had guys in tech buy it as a stand in for dressier pants, but it's also just a nice understanded casual piece too.

As a Doyle it's going to look more formal than a regular denim. It's the kind of thing you would have seen in an OG Jil Sander collection. It could be worn with flannel or tweed trousers, but would sit right at home with cotton chinos or a light wash jean.

aapmm

Reaction score
Yup... exactly this! The weight is around 10oz, so they're a lot lighter than the typical denim used for jeans.

As a chino, it works great for a minimal vibe. We've had guys in tech buy it as a stand in for dressier pants, but it's also just a nice understanded casual piece too.

As a Doyle it's going to look more formal than a regular denim. It's the kind of thing you would have seen in an OG Jil Sander collection. It could be worn with flannel or tweed trousers, but would sit right at home with cotton chinos or a light wash jean.
Thanks!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I believe we were promised pics of the custom Doyle/Sinclair/Filed jackets. I know mine will be here next week, but I'm still anxious to see them.

Haha thanks for the nudge on that... I do have pics of your absolutely bonkers Field Jacket in Woolrich "Dream Donegal"...

Field Jacket Dream Donegal Main.jpg

Field Jacket Dream Donegal Detail.jpg

And check out this close up of the yarn mix in this tweed... INSANE!!!!

Field Jacket Dream Donegal Fabric.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads