• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoot, I was thinking ivory flannel with navy jacket and maybe light blue or even denim shirt? I used to have a pair of brown wool trousers that I really liked but outgrew, so I might give the java calvary twill a look...

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oof the ivory is so good, but so impractical for me. I miiight still talk myself into it, though

Edit: what are the weights on the flannels, Mike?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm so tempted by the ivory, but I really don't think I can justify it in Los Angeles. I have two pair of grey flannel trousers and they get worn once or twice a year tops.

That being said, ivory flannel EZ Pants worn with a chunky sweater and some Wallabees would be the most relaxed outfit ever.

It’s not too heavy and the white fabric jibes pretty well with the vibe here, so might make sense. It’s probably better suited for here than somewhere super cool.

this EZ pant sounds rad tho! Tell you what... if you join #teamivory with an EZ pant then we’ll do it as a sing

Hey Mike, any thoughts of doing any more of your IG live bits? Might be a good way to check out some of thee fabrics and such.

man, I definitely should... it’s been a long time since I’ve done those? You t

YES. I like everything about this piece, and would also be interested in something shawl collared.

Shoot, I was thinking ivory flannel with navy jacket and maybe light blue or even denim shirt? I used to have a pair of brown wool trousers that I really liked but outgrew, so I might give the java calvary twill a look...

ALL DAY. Ivory flannel is so fly under a navy jacket with a great pair of suede or shell shoes. I saw a ton of ivory and off-white trousers at Pitti.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Oof the ivory is so good, but so impractical for me. I miiight still talk myself into it, though

Edit: what are the weights on the flannels, Mike?

About 10 to 11oz.. very typical weight for an Italian flannel. Nothing too crazy or heavy

TommyB

Reaction score
The Forest Flannel is calling my name. Can’t decide between Walts or Driggs, though. Any chance one can have the Driggs but add a little to the rise to make them the same rise as the Walts? Or is this just asking for trouble?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Forest Flannel is calling my name. Can’t decide between Walts or Driggs, though. Any chance one can have the Driggs but add a little to the rise to make them the same rise as the Walts? Or is this just asking for trouble?
Why not just get the Walts and have them tapered to your specifications?

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd already be in the #ivoryarmy if I hadn't bought ivory flannels from another brand in the fall...

Here's the deal- wear them like you would a light/fawn brown or a pearl gray. They're amazingly versatile once you have them on or in your rotation.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm honestly down to incentivize any Ivory Flannel purchases that you guys make. This fabric is freaking amazing and no one ever orders it. It's a big leap of faith, but it makes an amazing and really special pair of pants! What can we do to reward #teamivory?

Ivory pants, cut off into shants. Color 8 Alden Jumpers.. or maybe shell loafers... A loud jacket and a Joy Division T-shirt. Liberty Spikes.. I can see this. Let me think about it for a minute.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ivory pants, cut off into shants. Color 8 Alden Jumpers.. or maybe shell loafers... A loud jacket and a Joy Division T-shirt. Liberty Spikes.. I can see this. Let me think about it for a minute.

I love this idea! Jumpers all the way and a black nylon MA-1 on top!

If you want the ivories as shants then I’m down to do it for no upcharge. Just let me know the inseam you want. I’ll open up the bottom a bit so that it fits right.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our friend Erik Mannby is repping #ivoryarmy pretty hard lately...

7596E614-A535-421B-9290-6697671676AE.jpeg

I’m kind of leaning towards #ivoryamigos this morning too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads