• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dmass1

Reaction score
Mike,

Are you planning on ordering any new Alden makeups anytime soon? Specifically a suede tanker or brixton boot?

oisin

Reaction score

Inspiring. Thanks for posting. I had been thinking that I need a new pink shirt...
Hmm.

wish i bought those trousers. and i've never owned a pink shirt. that combo looks great. i've always figured a pink shirt would clash with my coloring, but should try one on sometime and see.

on a separate topic, anyone with the carmina chukkas or chelsea boot out there? i'd love to see some more pictures of them out in the field, so to speak.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wish i bought those trousers. and i've never owned a pink shirt. that combo looks great. i've always figured a pink shirt would clash with my coloring, but should try one on sometime and see.
on a separate topic, anyone with the carmina chukkas or chelsea boot out there? i'd love to see some more pictures of them out in the field, so to speak.

I almost passed on these pants too because I never used to wear blue odd trousers, but they easily turned out to be one of my favorite clothing purchases for 2011. And for pink shirts, they went through a little boom a couple years ago, where any guy who worked in an office had at least one pink shirt in his rotation because it was trendy. I don't really see that many out in the wild anymore, so I guess that bubble has burst, but I have several and still wear all of them regularly.

Simplicio

Reaction score

I almost passed on these pants too because I never used to wear blue odd trousers, but they easily turned out to be one of my favorite clothing purchases for 2011. And for pink shirts, they went through a little boom a couple years ago, where any guy who worked in an office had at least one pink shirt in his rotation because it was trendy. I don't really see that many out in the wild anymore, so I guess that bubble has burst, but I have several and still wear all of them regularly.

Beatlegeuse, you and I seem to have similar Epaulet experiences. I thought at first that I didn't like the look of the navy marl, but I am very glad that I changed my mind. And I know what you mean about pink shirts. The trend seemed to diminish the appeal. I won't be sorry if the trend passes, but I'll keep wearing pink shirts.

Simplicio

Reaction score

Cross posting. These are the Brixton boots in natural chromexcel. I had B. Nelson swap out the double leather sole for a commando. I like the change, and B. Nelson seems to have done an excellent job.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cross posting. These are the Brixton boots in natural chromexcel. I had B. Nelson swap out the double leather sole for a commando. I like the change, and B. Nelson seems to have done an excellent job.

Sorry to be impolite, but how much did those run you? I would really like to do the same thing to my pair of Brixtons.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue pants and pink or yellow shirts is one of my favorite combinations (maybe some holdover from old school uniforms I grew up with)

I forget that pink is often viewed as a particularly different color than any other for shirts. I grab mine without thinking and have for ahwile, then every once in awhile my fiance will mention that I seem to wear pink a lot. oops

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope the pink shirt trend doesn't coming back...I wouldn't want to hear comments about it every time I wear a pink shirt. I remember a few years ago, a lot of the lower-tier shirt companies and department stores were showing a lot of "Real Men Wear Pink!"-type ads in their stores/catalogs, with horrible-looking pink shirts.

Simplicio - those boots look awesome! I don't have any commando-soled boots or shoes, so for my next pair of boots I'll definitely be looking for something with a commando sole.

Renalan

Reaction score

Got my service chinos, these are great. The fit feels a little looser than my other Rivets, haven't washed em yet, but I don't remember too much shrinkage.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads