Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

I arrived safe in Italy, and I'm hitting up the Pitti show hard over the next few days. I'll report in with photos soon!

Thank you! Please drop us a line if you have any questions on tailoring them.

Ah man, that stinks. Unfortunately, Thorogood wouldn't be able to change out the leather on that plain toe design. But a good cobbler may be able to buff it out a bit and make it less noticeable.

That said, I'd echo everyone else's feedback - just roll with it and enjoy wearing them. Although that's a really deep gouge, scratches and nicks are a fact of life with these boots and add to their character. Over time - especially as the horsehide ages - it will be less noticeable. And you can always make up a cool story on how it happened. Who's to say that you didn't roundhouse kick a bowie knife out a mugger's hand?

Should be in mid-to-late February. We'll get a delivery of every spring fabric that we're going to offer for the season. I should have extra cloth backed up for all of them, so we can then assemble any Rudy-fit special orders at that time.

Thank you! Let me know what you think after they arrive. We were blown away by the Slate Donegal when it came in.

Walt trousers should be good for you - I haven't yet had a customer who bought them and found them too short after letting out the hem.

2. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

I have worried about this as well. I am only 6'1", but I usually like to have the inseam at least 35". After long hesitation I just picked up my first pair of rivets (British Khaki). I think the trick will be to avoid excessive shrinkage.

3. applky

applky Senior member

Re Walt inseam: I had always thought that there was more than an inch to let out -- seemed more like 1.5" or 2". I must be mistaken -- Mike knows his product like no one else, and I'm 6' so I do need them hemmed -- but I've definitely seen very tall fellows on WAYWRN and in the shop with Walts/Rudys.

EDIT: Also Simplico you're only one inch taller than me and the chino inseam is plenty long. I'm sure you'll be able to cuff or let them stack around your ankles if you don't wind up getting them hemmed.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  4. 1969

1969 Senior member

got my epaulet cardi today (black grape). nice piece that I'll have for many years. I sized up one based on the measurements and it's just right. I don't understand how folks are wearing them tts.

5. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

Any new shirts dropping along with the spring Walts?

The special order (34S) Weller sportcoat is perfect. I literally wore it right out of the box the day after it arrived. Thanks!

6. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Which of the fits -- Walt, Rudy, Rivet -- are most like the good levis 501 (the 1947, the newer STFs) ?

7. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

Yes, but I seem to have long legs. Right now (pre-wash) the length seems to be about where I would want it. But I will have to be careful not to let then shrink very much. I've just had to replace my Cramertons after I stupidly put them in the dryer. In case anyone was wondering whether or not Cramertons shrink in the dryer, the answer is "yes." And if they do shrink you can't just let them out, because they will have a white ring marking the original length.

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Dude, the exact same thing just happened to me....I sold the original pair on the B&S here. I stupidly took them to a dry cleaner near my apartment, and I don't know what they did. They must have washed them in hot water and dried them with a high heat machine tumble dry or something. When I got them back, they were a full 1.25 inches shorter than when I dropped them off. And you're right about the white ring...I had my tailor take them back out, but I couldn't get rid of that mark from the original hem.

9. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

Got to Florence today and had a bunch of meetings. And way too much pizza within a 12-hour period. I'll hit the Pitti show tomorrow, but in the meantime I've got some tourist-tastic snapshots of the sights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For anyone using Hipstamatic, this is the "Watts" lens loaded with "DC" film. My favorite combo.

I'll return with some shots of the actual show tomorrow. Can't wait for it!

Carmina Pre-Order for Austerity Brogue

In case anyone hasn't been following it, we've got a great thread going for a custom Carmina makeup. We finalized the design and I built it out on the preorder section of our website. We've already met our quota for production, so I'll most likely keep it open for orders until next Friday, after which we'll submit the size run to Carmina. This is a great chance to get in on a really handsome style!

[​IMG]
    Carmina for Epaulet Special Order Snuff Suede Austerity Brogue DEPOSIT

And you can read all about it in the dedicated thread right here. There's lots of sizing advice there too.

10. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Mike, while you're in Florence, you can ask them if they want to give back any of the loot they stole from our ancestors in the name of unification...

On a lighter note, got home in time to meet the Mrs and pick up my little googoots. In my Service Rivet:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Approaching nicelynice wide smile there Rob. Looks like it's for good reason too.

12. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

NYR, if we are asking for repatriations, can I ask the Met, British Museum, Louvre, the Vatican, and the Uffizi to give back all the antiquities pillaged from Greece over the centuries. That would be nice. :D

In all seriousness, having been involved in fleshing out the details for the Carmina special make-up, you guys should definitely jump on it. Its going to be a beautiful spring/summer/fall shoe; the snuff suede will make it super versatile. As always, Mike was awesome to work with and supportive of putting together a special order. Carmina seems to be magnitudes easier to work with for special orders in comparison to Alden; haven't even been able to get confirmation on our proposed Whiskey Plaza wingtip boot special makeup yet. Hopefully soon enough though. Fingers crossed.

13. NewYorkIslander

I'm with you on all counts. My family lost a shitload of land at the hands of I Mille bastards, because we weren't receptive to their bribery or false promises. We stayed and fought for 15 years after before we eventually gave up and fled to America. For me its a little more personal. What aggravates me most though are the attempts to teach a false history and language so that we lose not only our possessions, but our culture as well. Waiting for Alden pre-orders also sucks. :D. That and I'm half a bottle into a nice Aglianico...

14. applky

applky Senior member

NYR you make the service rivets look good. And your kids make you look good! (No need to mention your wife, friend. [​IMG] )

That natural Stark from the Mr. Porter sale? You wear it well.

15. NewYorkIslander

Thanks man! The Stark is from Mr Porter via B&S though...