• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, I passed on the Garands because the fit up top was described as being similar to Rivet chino, which is a bit too low in the rise for me.
Can anyone who owns both please weigh in on this? It's such an amazing pant and in the pics they look a bit roomier up top than the Rivet...this could be wishful thinking on my part.

Also a plug for the Epaulet B-S-T thread...it's poppin' over there! Deals deals deals!!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm 5'7 155 lbs & I got the 36. The Doyles don't shrink right? If not then this should be fine.

@White Lotus this garment shrinks a LOT in the dye process. We make it up almost an entire size bigger. Once its dyed, it's 95% to spec, but a touch smaller in some dimensions. It should break in as the fabric almost behaves like a thick knit after its dyed. But if anyone is on the edge of two sizes, I'd say to size up.

@Epaulet no size 46 sashiko Doyles? :(

@stevenkmason ahh really sorry.. we made four of them but they were the first to be zapped. Size 46 was never anything that we sold well, but it's actually very popular in the Doyle.. we're going to start making more of them for stock. My apologies, that caught me unaware.

Where is this sashiko cloth from? Japan? USA?

@bry2000 fabric from Japan, sewn in the city of Compton, dyed in Vernon

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got one of the sashiko Doyles, that's got to end up being a strong product for Epaulet. Great price on that, even before the discount.

And, Mike, if you are getting PFD sashiko fabric, there seems like there could be some interesting possibilities out there for colors beyond the classic indigo (I know that's probably where the $ is). But I follow all these natural dye folks (many out on the west coast I think) on Instagram and I think of the guy at Tender doing all kinds of oddball dye work... Could be fun.

stevenkmason

Reaction score
@stevenkmason ahh really sorry.. we made four of them but they were the first to be zapped. Size 46 was never anything that we sold well, but it's actually very popular in the Doyle.. we're going to start making more of them for stock. My apologies, that caught me unaware.

Good news for the future then. Any chance of an eventual restock on this sashiko?

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sashiko Doyle
giphy.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got one of the sashiko Doyles, that's got to end up being a strong product for Epaulet. Great price on that, even before the discount.

And, Mike, if you are getting PFD sashiko fabric, there seems like there could be some interesting possibilities out there for colors beyond the classic indigo (I know that's probably where the $ is). But I follow all these natural dye folks (many out on the west coast I think) on Instagram and I think of the guy at Tender doing all kinds of oddball dye work... Could be fun.

@FrankCowperwood you read my mind! My dudes have a binder filled with dye combinations, so we can do this in any color. A deep forest green could be so dope!

Good news for the future then. Any chance of an eventual restock on this sashiko?

@stevenkmason oh absolutely.. this thing just went live and we've sold 25% of our inventory.. we'll definitely restock it

Alarcon

Reaction score
Just picked up a Sashiko Doyle - it'll be a great replacement for the old Chambray Doyle I sold (and regret selling). Would love to see the same fabric used for some jeans or pants.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@FrankCowperwood you read my mind! My dudes have a binder filled with dye combinations, so we can do this in any color. A deep forest green could be so dope!

@stevenkmason oh absolutely.. this thing just went live and we've sold 25% of our inventory.. we'll definitely restock it

Tie-dye Sashiko Doyle. Colorblock-dye Sashiko Doyle. Oh I would really, really wear a colorblock-dyed Doyle, especially in Sashiko.

As for the good old indigo, just picked up one in 38. Can't wait.

Terrific Hertling MTOs as always, Mike. On those, I assume the REDA Hopsacks are of the same four-season fabric we know and love. How different is the Bright Navy from the venerable Indigo? It looks like just a darker version of the Indigo to my eye. But does it have color variegations or is it maybe closer to a French Blue tone?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh, and so I didn't make your life more difficult by suggesting that? OK, well then how about this: hombre dyed sashiko Doyle. Bam!

:nest:

espen

Reaction score
Gah! So many choices...I left my old job last week and as a parting gift was given an Epaulet gift card. Deciding between firing up this new Doyle (PLUS the Cran on order) or hold out for Black Friday....

Mike...can you sort of guide what BF will be? Shirts? Outerwear? Trousers? Mind my own damn business?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads