• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very intrigued by the Capri Mike! Sounds terrific. Also if we haven't been contacted yet, is it safe to assume we haven't been short-shipped from the Gitman EFF? (Very much hoping I wasn't, as that happened to me the last Gitman EFF.)

Def my favorite scene from the Rivet Chino edition of the Blair Witch Project.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, trying to find measurements for the Vittorio sportcoat suit separates in 46/56. The website only shows up to a US42.
Mike can call me out here if I am wrong, but it should scale right up at the same increments. Thus 24.5 chest, 19.5 shoulder, 26.75 sleeve, 30 length. Should be pretty close!

Valfunde

Reaction score
@Epaulet

Cool cool. If I were to get a popover do I just order my usual size and y'all adjust accordingly or should I size up? Had one popover and boy did I wish I gone up a size larger.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Very intrigued by the Capri Mike! Sounds terrific. Also if we haven't been contacted yet, is it safe to assume we haven't been short-shipped from the Gitman EFF? (Very much hoping I wasn't, as that happened to me the last Gitman EFF.)

Def my favorite scene from the Rivet Chino edition of the Blair Witch Project.

@applky LOL at the Blair Witch Project!

And yes I believe that Adele reached out to everyone already. Really sorry about the fabric shortages. I brought it up with the new President at Gitman, and even though they'll make it right with subs, it's still not good to disappoint customers who were expecting something specific. In the future, they're going to physically block off our fabrics once the sales start. They had done it before in their system, but being old school.. salesman could still write paper orders for it. We may have small stockouts due to fabric damage or mis-counts of yardage, but it should be really minimal

Mike can call me out here if I am wrong, but it should scale right up at the same increments. Thus 24.5 chest, 19.5 shoulder, 26.75 sleeve, 30 length. Should be pretty close!

@tgaith77 yup that's correct.. the measurements will just scale in proportion to the other sizes

@Epaulet

Cool cool. If I were to get a popover do I just order my usual size and y'all adjust accordingly or should I size up? Had one popover and boy did I wish I gone up a size larger.

Just get your typical size @Valfunde ... I'll automatically make the stomach a bit less fitted so that it goes on more easily. Linen is going to make up bigger than cotton anyway. It's going to be a rad freaking shirt!

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@applky LOL at the Blair Witch Project!

And yes I believe that Adele reached out to everyone already. Really sorry about the fabric shortages. I brought it up with the new President at Gitman, and even though they'll make it right with subs, it's still not good to disappoint customers who were expecting something specific. In the future, they're going to physically block off our fabrics once the sales start. They had done it before in their system, but being old school.. salesman could still write paper orders for it. We may have small stockouts due to fabric damage or mis-counts of yardage, but it should be really minimal

@tgaith77 yup that's correct.. the measurements will just scale in proportion to the other sizes

Just get your typical size @Valfunde ... I'll automatically make the stomach a bit less fitted so that it goes on more easily. Linen is going to make up bigger than cotton anyway. It's going to be a rad freaking shirt!

Thanks Mike! I really appreciate it. Looking foward to those Gitman shirts very much. According to the website calendar, they'll be arriving in the near term?

djs5150

Reaction score
Do any of you guys dress your canvas Rivet chinos up with a blazer or sport coat? I couldn't find any pictures and I'm wondering how it would look. Thinking of purchasing soon.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Valfunde

For the collar.. this is just my opinion, but I'd stick with just one "trick" for the shirt. In this case, the popover is special, so I'd do a buttondown, Artisan, or fashion spread for the collar. I'd do the band with a full button front. But that's just me... a band popover sounds rad, and Summer shirts are a good place to get playful and try something new

I'd agree with the one 'trick' sentiment, but I'd add one caveat - it depends on how you're going to wear it. I have a short-sleeve linen pop-over w/ a band collar that I absolutely love. However, it doesn't really work as a proper shirt - it's more like a slightly refined alternative to a henley or a t. I only wear it untucked and pair it w/ textured linen-cotton pants, denim or shorts. For all of those, it's a great look. It definitely wouldn't work tucked in with wool trousers, though.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys dress your canvas Rivet chinos up with a blazer or sport coat? I couldn't find any pictures and I'm wondering how it would look. Thinking of purchasing soon.

Every day. Usually with an Alden boot or loafers.

Edit....found a few pics on my phone. Not full shots but all paired with Rivets. I also really like unstructured Sportcoats with Rivets (like LBM 1911 style) which is more often my summer look.
20170208_074451.jpg
20160719_211707.jpg
20160331_074713.jpg

Last edited:

DapperDan08

Reaction score
Maiden voyage of the Sandow tonight. Ten squats to loosen up, all gold after that. Looking forward to a strong rotation for casual wear moving forward.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads