• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet Mike is this a good window to order Individualized shirts or will the holidays really delay delivery?

@FrankCowperwood Yes and no. They're gonna close for a week over Christmas, but if its something that you want right after the holidays, now is a great time to order. They stopped taking pre-Christmas orders about two weeks ago, so all of the stuff now is just queuing up. I think you'd have it in your hands around 2nd week of Jan.

I have to put these swatches up, but there are some KILLER new fabrics too. You can order any of these, they're all $170. Just buy one for the same price and put the code into the special notes:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For those who want to order suits before Sunday...

We've got all of the items online, but need to do some additional programming stuff. Will have to wait until tomorrow for a Sunday newsletter. Here's some notes:

1) The pricing that you see is correct across all items. The seasonal items are base-priced as a sportcoat and you can add a pant and/or vest. The suiting items are base-priced as a suit, but we can sell it as a separate sportcoat if you want.

2) Trouser fits can be: Walt, Rudy, Driggs, Taylor, or Gable. Gable is $50 more due to the hand-cut waistband. All pants are delivered unfinished. You can just put your pant fit into the special notes box

3) We have two basic shapes: the Natural Shoulder (our original Sportcoat) and the Dartmouth. They have the same overall fit, but the Dartmouth is 1" shorter in the body. It's meant to be cropped, like the Vittorio. We graded the patterns so that it the body length perfectly scales with the button stance. That's why the length breaks are a little strange (1.25", 2.25").

4) For sleeves, we can make you a specific sleeve length at no extra charge. What we need is your sleeve inseam length. Take a sportcoat that fits you well and measure from the armpit to the end of the cuff on the inside of the sleeve. We'll give that number to Southwick and you'll get a precise length.

That's about it! I have a video for Harris Tweed which I can put up either tonight or early tomorrow. We'll drop the NL on Sunday. I'll shoot more videos on Monday and we'll have a separate trouser-only item on Monday as well.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it all tweeds and flannels? I'm seeing 4 categories right now. Is there a four season category that I'm missing?

Thanks! The tweeds and flannels look great.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who grabbed the last plum 38 lbm! Darn you and thank you at the same time

Tuck16

Reaction score
So, I got a Southwick from the last winter EFF that is very similar to the Italian donegal tweed. But, I have struggled to find combos I think work well with it. Does anyone have suggestions for trouser color to pair with it?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, I got a Southwick from the last winter EFF that is very similar to the Italian donegal tweed. But, I have struggled to find combos I think work well with it. Does anyone have suggestions for trouser color to pair with it?

Navy, khaki, olive, denim!

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For dressier looks I think tan flannels or cavalry twills would be great. Some people are against the reverse navy/grey look but I think navy trousers would work fine.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How's the fit on carvers compared to the crepe sole Chelsea's?

I'd say a little longer and felt a shade narrower than I recall the crepes feeling at first. But then there seemed to be a little more overall volume and the width is fine after a few wears. I had them on tonight with heavy wool socks and fit was good.

All that being said, I took the same size as the crepe sole Chelseas and I'm glad I did.

The horsehide is really lightweight, but I assume it will be tough since it's horse. Boots are really lightweight overall.

Last edited:

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got my Couro Cromo steerhide shoes, thanks a lot Mike. I got the 8.5, which is what I wear in AE 5 last, and it fits really well. It's actually very comfortable, maybe even more than my AE; pretty stoked about it. Green mist moleskin also in the photo.

I also own a sportcoat in that Southwick fabric called olive with cranberry check shetland. I can take a photo if anyone is interested in how it made up.

Last edited:

SteveL91

Reaction score
@Epaulet,

We are allowed to just buy trousers from the recent Southwick collection, correct? How do we place the order? A full suit is out of my price range, but some of these fabrics are so amazing that I'd love to pick up a pair of trousers.

Thanks,
Steve

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alphalabscbdus