• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

laughter95

Reaction score

@laughter95
 thanks for posting this - it's been our pleasure over these years! I miss that old label too - we should do some kind of "throwback" collection next season! 

How about a re-run of the shirt that started it all for me. (Was it a kickoff for this affiliate thread?) The double faced shirt in cream and another in black. It was a tartan/plaid pattern button down casual shirt. $130 in April 2010. Maybe a long time customer deal? ;)

Goodman

Reaction score
Agreed, I rarely buy anything stock from EP or other brands. I like being able to order stuff and have a unique product that's exactly what I want each time. It's why these EFF programs are so rough on my wallet.
At least with the EFF's the pricing is decreased rather than increased. I'm used to paying a surcharge for the right to pick and choose the specs I want. It's tough not to pull the trigger when you have great fabric choices at sale pricing.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do people feel about the Taylor for shorter guys? I'm 5'8" and would likely wear them without a jacket most of the time. Have a pair of Oxford flannels on order in the EFF in the Walt but am considering switching. Anyone feel like this is a particularly good or bad idea? Full body shots of the Taylor are a bit scarce. Thanks
As a shorter guy I do not thing these styles work too well. Taylor will work at 5' 8" and you may need to have some work done. Gable would be hard.

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass v caps in Oxblood today along with EP Purple Haze flannel

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do people feel about the Taylor for shorter guys? I'm 5'8" and would likely wear them without a jacket most of the time. Have a pair of Oxford flannels on order in the EFF in the Walt but am considering switching. Anyone feel like this is a particularly good or bad idea? Full body shots of the Taylor are a bit scarce. Thanks
Totally depends on your proportions. I am just a shade under 5'10" and I wear Gables without a jacket regularly. If you have a long torso (which I do) then it sort of elongates your appearance. If you have a truncated torso it can look like you are being devoured by your own pants.

It sounds silly, but hiking a pair of trousers up to your natural waist and looking in the mirror can help give you an idea of how a higher rise would look.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's boot time. @turkey_sandwich , your listing was the thing that convinced me to pull the trigger. The way those things wear in reminds me of some of Margiela's old lace-and-zip boots, and I've been wanting a pair of those for a couple years now. They'll be perfect travel boots.

I might wait til the end of today just to see if any of those "other surprises" roll through...

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got in under the EFF wire. Went with the Stormy Grey Wool/Cashmere in Taylor fit. Can't resist the cashmere blends.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First wear of my ivy moss rivet chinos. Such an awesome fabric!
From what little I can see in that pic they look phenomenal. Boy did I ever miss out! #regrets

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score

Looks like it's boot time. @turkey_sandwich
, your listing was the thing that convinced me to pull the trigger. The way those things wear in reminds me of some of Margiela's old lace-and-zip boots, and I've been wanting a pair of those for a couple years now. They'll be perfect travel boots.

I might wait til the end of today just to see if any of those "other surprises" roll through...

Nice! Enjoy them!

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Mike. What time will you be having office hours?

Those that transitioned from Walts to Rudys any advice in sizing? I wear 33 Walts now and even they are snug in the thighs and seat. Would you advise going to Rudy 33? Never tried Rudy fit before and not sure if thighs would be too large. Taylor 33 fit fine, but snug in the waist, which I can have taken out.

Mike,

Not sure today will work out. What about next Friday or Saturday? Post Thanksgiving extended gut menswear reinforcement session?

Goodman

Reaction score
Got in under the EFF wire. Went with the Stormy Grey Wool/Cashmere in Taylor fit. Can't resist the cashmere blends.
That was my under the wire choice as well. Originally I was going to go Walt but switched to Taylor last second. Couldn't resist a quality basic. Then I got greedy and added the smooth silver glen plaid in Walt as a way to add a "greyish" flannel without getting a grey flannel.

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't end up pulling the trigger on the blackwatch. Indecisiveness plus the upcoming Southwick news made me hold off, but I know I'm going to be kicking myself in a couple of weeks for missing out on some holiday pants.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy