Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Costa

Costa Senior member

Received my Rudy order of Chocolate Duck Canvas and Olive Tree Herringbone UK Tweed yesterday, went to tailors today for alterations. Couldn't be happier, nothing like opening up an Epaulet package! Your order should be coming soon I'd imagine!

Now I wait with bated breath for the Wool-Cashmere-Mink trousers and some feedback from Matt pertaining to sportcoat sizing (the last piece of non-Epaulet clothing in my closet)!

2. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Yes, please do. I have the olive tree tweeds but am thinking about also grabbing those mocha flannels at some point.

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ awesome! How do you like the Olive trees? I just picked up my chocolate duck rivets from the tailor today. I sized up and got the waist taken in and I love the way they fit, they'll be perfect for casual wear. They were an MTO order so I changed the pocket interior and got button flaps on the back pockets.

4. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Those chocolate ducks sound sweet! Post some pics of those when you get a chance. I've put those in my cart a time or 12… I really like the color for the fall/winter, and that duck canvas hits the spot for this climate.

I just got the olive trees hemmed on Wednesday and haven't worn them yet, but I really, really like the depth of color in them (similar to the depth of the Nightshades, although I'm not sure anything can compare to the mixture in those bad boys). I'll definitely post a picture when I wear them. Speaking of the Walts, I really love the way the Walts fit me. I get the 32s and they are perfect in the waist with no alterations, and the leg width (including the taper below the knee) is perfect…not too restricting but a good slim fit. Just hem them and I'm ready to roll. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Got mine the other day, can't wait to get em tailored.

Today, just killing these jeans...like two straight weeks in em. The Epaulet Bridle Leather has also been standard in them the whole time, today with a white OCPC:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is it sad that I'm going to New England to visit friends this weekend, and I'm planning my attire based on the fall contest? N'ah, i didn't think so either.

6. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Pardon the derail, but what are they? Great cut on you.

7. mothball

mothball Senior member

I've been distracted lately. I certainly hope I haven't missed any awesome, pregnancy-related news. Congrats, Mike & Adele!

This is so good.

I love this--I'm trying really hard not to pick up those Carminas.

That is a great combination.

Rust steep twill & Eisenhower jacket today:

[​IMG]

8. Wade

Wade Senior member

NYI-do you know the name of the new balance model that you're wearing?

9. Randomore

Randomore Senior member

They look like 998s. I have a pair just like them.

10. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

Quick question, will there be shetland tweed trousers in other colors dropping in the near future? I'm very interested, but the current color just doesn't really work for me.

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Have you set a time frame for this contest yet? Stoked!

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Thanks! They're Somets from Blue In Green in SOHO. I have a pair in size 29 (these) and another in 30 that I wash and dry regularly.

Yup 998. I usually wear them days after I run as my heels have been started to hurt A LOT lately. Getting old sucks.

13. pekingman

pekingman Well-Known Member

There has been so much stock flying in recently that the other Shetland tweed pants have already dropped off the "New Arrivals" page... Check here http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/trousers-chinos/Walt-Trousers-Wool - The ones listed as "UK Tweed" are all Shetland wool as far as I recall.

I am still mulling over whether to get the "Sandy Orange" or "Russet" to go with the pair of wool-cash-minks already ordered to reinforce my winter pants selection. Both great colors, but I think the uniqueness of the Sandy Orange is going to win the day ...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013

14. jfoonly

jfoonly Well-Known Member

Catching up on SF & this thread after some travel and a break. I'm in for the cashmink trousers, should be great fun for winter.

The fisherman sweaters look great too, but I wonder about the sleeve length (+1 to the prior mention of LBM longs). The measurements for a 38 (medium, presumably) have a sleeve of 22.5 with the standard description of "Sleeve is measured from the collar to the cuff". Is that right? Even measured from the shoulder seam this seems short. At least in the fit pix I don't see shirt sleeves poking out, but since the cuffs aren't turned up they can't be too long.

15. tricky

tricky Senior member

That's the same reason I passed on those sweaters. The arm length threw me off.

LBM longs would be a dream come true.