• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

b-ill

Reaction score
Is I wear a 42R in the old Marcello, would I go with a 40 or 42 in the Weller? I tried to find the Marcello measurements online but had no luck...

Simplicio

Reaction score
An all-Epaulet day: Oatmeal tattersall SC, blue oxford, natural chromexcel belt, butterscotch canvas Rudys, Carmina suede.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And the sale section keeps growing...some sick new coats.

Every time I look at the sale section I have a hard time resisting one of the duck canvas sportcoats.

hypomnema

Reaction score
Any chance anyone has ordered the mint-rust windowpane MTO jacket? Would love to see some pics. Also considering at the olive micro check.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is awesome. Finally a chance to see the Rudy fit. Maybe I should grab a pair to try out.

I love all Epaulet days :)

An all-Epaulet day: Oatmeal tattersall SC, blue oxford, natural chromexcel belt, butterscotch canvas Rudys, Carmina suede.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm a big fan of that SC, of course. And the Rudy fit looks great for you. Very nice.
for the turtleneck challenge over on the CM side of the forum (Epaulet blazer & pants):
Wow. That turtleneck's not fooling around. Pattern on the pants is great. Oh, and nice collage skills.

Last edited:

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All: I'm new to this thread but love Epaulet. While I missed the boat for Epaulet's Southwick MTO navy suit, I was surprised to see the navy super 120s jacket in the sale email today. Thinking I could make up for missing out on the general gist of the MTO, I ordered the jacket and the navy super 120s Walts. My question is whether or not those two will actually work together as a suit. I know Epaulet used to have a link to matching trousers from the jackets' pages, but not in this case. Thanks!

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
1. Fall Contest
Next week we're going to launch a joint Styleforum/Reddit Fall Fit contest. The jist will be: post a picture of a fit with at least one item purchased after Sept 1st (special order Carminas, suiting MTO's that were pre-ordered in the Summer and delivered in the Fall count too). First prize chosen by votes: your choice of VASS stock shoe! Second price chosen by random drawing: your choice of Cashmere Scarf or Epaulet Wallet.

2. Secret Santa
Would you guys be down for this? We'd make a list of participants. Matt's going to match you up into secret santas. Spending limit is $20. The item that you buy should be somehow artisanal and related to your hometown. It doesn't have to be menswear. The goal here is to surprise someone with something really cool!

Definitely in for the contest, as you might expect. Wondering about timing, any idea when you will want submissions by?

Secret Santa should be fun too. There may be a broader SW&D one as well (there was last year and there's talk of doing it again now), but at a $20 limit here, it shouldn't be a problem to do both.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Couldn't resist the further mark downs on a couple of warm weather shirts.

So I guess the selvege Rivet Chino did not do so well? I'm fairly tempted by those at the sale price as well.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chris: that's awesome all around. Feel like you need a vintage car to complete the vibe, haha. If I didn't find the feeling of turtle neck restricting around my neck, I would rock it the same way.

malwear

Reaction score
On the Rudy topic, I'm thinking of having the leg narrowed below the knee on a couple pairs of Rudy's. The seamstress at my drycleaner actually does a great job for a cheap price on very simple hem and waist operations, but I've never tried her for anything complicated. Is narrowing the leg relatively basic and is there any advice I can give her to get it right? Or should I try to find a real tailor? Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads