• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the collar size is a half inch too big.

The shop I use for MTM shirts generally adds a half inch to the collar deliberately, accounting for the amount it shrinks after several washings. I would not be surprised if Mike and co. did the same thing to allow for machine wash shrinkage.

Also, how else would you clean your shirt if not washing and drying it? I don't think a cold wash and hang dry would measurably shrink it.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I just meant I would wash and dry as a way to shrink the collar, otherwise like you said I would cold wash and hang dry so as not to shrink the garment at all. I'm just worried that other parts of the shirt will shrink as well if I do a regular wash and dry.

Last edited:

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Burgundy Hopsack Walt this week. Believe me when I say the Hopsack trousers are pretty damn perfect.

"Cut"away Collar Popover
Walt Burgundy Hopsack.

ascher07

Reaction score
Hey, you guys have any experience with LBM 1911 suiting? I'm looking at the Epaulet LBM sportscoat chart, and it says I should probably go with a 42, as the XL shirts fit me pretty well (a little loose at the waist), but a guy I was talking to about purchasing one of their suits suggested going with the 44L in the full suiting. What do you guys think?
Thanks!

ascher07

Reaction score
Battle of the Double Breasteds! Think I gotta give it to Matt on this one; I'm a sucker for peak lapels.

Epaulet suit
moderntailor shirt
J Press tie
Bexley shoes

Picked up the Burgundy Hopsack Walt this week. Believe me when I say the Hopsack trousers are pretty damn perfect.

"Cut"away Collar Popover
Walt Burgundy Hopsack.

mikeharo

Reaction score

Oh yes, we built out the Rudy preorders into three separate items. We consolidated everything to make it more concise. You can click through to see images of each fabric and read their Walt listings to get the full details. If you click on the dropdown, there's actually quite a few options:

SPECIAL ORDER RUDY TROUSER WOOL
Available: Navy 120s, Grey Merino, Nori Tropical, Navy Hopsack, Grey Hopsack, Burgundy Hopsack, Chocolate Nailhead

SPECIAL ORDER RUDY TROUSER COTTON

Available: Grey UK Sanded Canvas, Olive UK Sanded Canvas, Japanese Camo Twill, Navy Duck Canvas, Caramel Duck Canvas, Leaf Duck Canvas

SPECIAL ORDER RUDY TROUSER LINEN
Available: Navy Irish Linen, Juniper Linen, Mandarin Linen, Scarlet Linen

For the Rudy preorder, can sizes sell out? What I mean is: if I wait to place my preorder is there a chance my size will not be available because others ordered before me? I wouldn't think that's the case but want to be sure.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love these and absolutely must own them one day...

Got the navy double monks, my first monkstrap of any kind. Lawd, I is in heaven. And then I opened up the burg Greeley! Amazing, thanks Mike.

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yesterday was my first chance to wear the Napoli Seersucker - such a nice summer blazer. I'm not one to shy away from traditional seersucker, but I love that the seersucker is subtle on this blazer. It's kind of like ninja seersucker. The soft shoulder is really nice as well. Walt prince of whales linen/wool have easily become my favorite warm weather trouser now.

blazer - Epaulet Napoli in Navy seersucker
Trousers - Epaulet Walt linen/wool prince of whales check
tie - Billy Reid
socks - American Trench
shoes - Alden for J.Crew PTB in snuff suede

TactileOne

Reaction score
Yesterday was my first chance to wear the Napoli Seersucker - such a nice summer blazer. I'm not one to shy away from traditional seersucker, but I love that the seersucker is subtle on this blazer. It's kind of like ninja seersucker. The soft shoulder is really nice as well. Walt prince of whales linen/wool have easily become my favorite warm weather trouser now.

blazer - Epaulet Napoli in Navy seersucker
Trousers - Epaulet Walt linen/wool prince of whales check
tie - Billy Reid
socks - American Trench
shoes - Alden for J.Crew PTB in snuff suede

Looking good, where are the socks from?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads