1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mothball

mothball Senior member

2. velomane

velomane Senior member

Mike and Company

I, too, am interested in getting in on the Loden/ Burnt Orange jacket should it come to fruition.

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

You guys are rocking the looks. I would love to go to a restaurant like that.

1 person likes this.
  4. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Hey Mike, since I'm a fan of the Regiment Twill Walts (I have 5 pairs), I think it would be great if you can elaborate on why this English Twill is so much superior. Thanks.

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

This is so good. Both of the exotic "game" leathers together!

Regiment Twill was a US fabric with a lower thread count. It was meant to be a tough, basic twill - something affordable that we could stock all of the time. It felt a bit coarse until several washings.

This Driggs Twill is UK-made, and it's softer with a higher thread count yarn. Feels very much like Cramerton actually. We'll usually judge a cotton twill on its hand and its strength. Regiment Twill had an okay hand and great durability. This has a really nice hand and great durability. The fit really works (as future fit photos will illustrate) and it's a very comfortable piece. I sold five pairs personally in the Santa Monica shop today.

Agreed. You're killing it in this Eddie! I love that it's a cool period look, but it still appears very comfortable and natural.

We could swing a digicam Napoli for $695 in any of the three colors. It would be so freaking tight in USN Navy. Especially paired with the British Khaki driggs.

Sure thing! The newest Sport Trainers will be more of the same style in three colorways:

Tan Smooth & Tan Suede
    Black Smooth & Black Suede
    Dark Brown Smooth & Mid Brown Suede

All of these will come on the same sole.

Outside of that we have a new Tennis Shoe shape in work which will have a more minimal form. I'll have the sample here at the end of the week. Going to be a while for that though. Unfortunately, shoe development in Italy moves at a glacial pace. Provided that the sample is perfect, we'd probably be at May for the earliest delivery.

6. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

Ditto! I'm interested in the Walt MTO in this fabric...

7. oisin

oisin Senior member

6 effing 5! It's a tough life, sartorially speaking.

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

You can probably try out for the lakers and make this years squad, man. You have the height!

1 person likes this.
  9. oisin

oisin Senior member

lol! They are that bad, so it's a possibility. Unfortunately I have the height of Kobe but the ball-handling skills of Yao Ming.

10. oisin

oisin Senior member

My other Epaulet pheasant tie got a bit of a workout today.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    4 people like this.
  11. Randomore

Randomore Senior member

Thanks for the excellent service today Mike! These Driggs are awesome. The shirt is a perfect fit and bonus, my wife loves the eggplant color. Let me know when those Wilshires get restocked! The white denim Wilshire might actually be my first white pair of pants... IT IS GREAT!

Having the new Santa Monica store so close is not going to be good on my wallet...

12. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Oisin,
    Great photo. What shotgun is that?
    I'm actually starting to casually shop for a new one dedicated to sporting clays

13. oisin

oisin Senior member

Thanks. Caesar Guerini Summit Sporting. It's a sporting clays gun, not a true hunting gun, but a sporting clays gun should be versatile and it's the only shotgun I own currently (tho there are many I am lusting after ... I need a light side by side in 16 or 20g for looking badass while upland hunting, a solid semi-auto for ducks and chukkar, etc.). Anyway, as a sporting clays gun I really like it (and hunting gun too tho it is of course a bit heavy). A little bit more money than a basic Browning/Beretta (it was pretty much at the top of my budget) but it fit me well out of the box, the wood and finish is definitely nicer, and I just like how it felt and pointed for me compared to the Browning 725 or Beretta 626. I got 30" barrels because I knew I'd use it for a bunch of different things including hunting and skeet -- you might consider 32" barrels (longer seems trendier these days), plus an adjustable comb and recoil pad for a serious sporting clays setup.

14. applky

applky Senior member

Yeah, though it might be around there. I'd definitely wear it but not as much as say the LBM 1911 stuff, so I think I'll have to save my SC budget for that (maybe I'll start a navy digicamo SC kickstarter? jk).

About the LBM 1911 S/S pieces, any idea when those will start to arrive?

15. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

A couple of cowhide Wyatts on sale. If only there were a medium there...

16. JVK1

JVK1 Senior member

The XXL cowhide Wyatt wouldn't happen to be at the Manhattan store, would it? I'd kinda like to try that on! Never seen an Epaulet jacket available in that before.

17. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

The XXL is in the Brooklyn store. We're open 12-6 today if you want to swing by!

18. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Thank you for the information. I looked at the Beretta 692 which is above my target price range but a nice gun. Will take a look at the Casear when I have a chance. Will probably have to wait until late spring or early summer to get serious in my search though. I expect that will be the earliest opportunity I have to actually shoot any of the ones I'm considering.

19. SeanMarcellus

SeanMarcellus Well-Known Member

How much do the Chinos shrink?

I bought size 36 8oz canvas to see how they fit and they were a little to big, as I thought they'd be, but had no problems wearing them with a belt, as they would fall down without one when walking.

During the approx. 2 moths it takes to get the custom size I wore my first Chinos all the time as they are my favorite pants. So, now I've washed my 36's 3 or 4 times, today they fit perfect and don't need a belt.

I wash in warm, rinse in cold, I use the delicate cycle. I do dry on hi but just until they are barley dry, not 100%, just to get the wrinkles out.

I want to buy more, but am unsure of what size to buy now.

20. applky

applky Senior member

^ If you hang dry your chinos, they won't shrink at all.