• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samir

Reaction score
Got a pair of the navy Rivet chinos in today (thanks again for the help, Mike! I owe you!), and I'll need to take the waist/seat out a tad but otherwise I love them. This is unfortunate for my back account, as now I'm looking at the Factory Finds options. Is the cotton/cashmere khaki lighter than the shade of khaki used for the 8 oz canvas?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
SOUTHWICK MTO PROGRAM

As many of you guys have seen, we're bringing a new level of customization to our Southwick collection. You can see the Spring/Summer lineup of fabrics here:

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/suiting-special-order

Here's some points about the program:

1. We've actually been doing MTO work along these lines for the better part of 2 years, this is just the first time that we've put everything online. The system works very smoothly. You place the order, and you get a jacket shipped right to your door within 4-6 weeks. Domestic customers are shipped directly from Southwick, International customers are shipped from us.

2. We're using a mixture of our in-house fabrics (Navy 120s, Grey Merino, Duck Canvas) and Southwick Fabrics. We generally have good availability on the in-house fabrics. Southwick fabrics (they all have specific numerical style numbers) can be subject to availability. We've taken about 5 orders on the Navy Tone-on-Tone seersucker jacket so far, and there's only another 2 or 3 that can be cut in that fabric. The rest are pretty good stock-wise.

3. We'll have swatches available to see in person at both of our NYC shops within the next 1-2 days.

4. At the moment, the only "suits" that we can offer are Navy 120s, Caramel Duck, Navy Duck, and Grey Merino. In the Fall we'll have a whole bunch of suiting fabrics that will be available. With the current Spring lineup, the fabrics that have matching pants already are really the only ones that you'd want to make a suit out of. Those other wool-linen fabrics make great jackets, but would probably get shredded quickly as a trouser. Trouser have a huge amount of stress put on them, so it's important not to use weaves that are too open and light. Sportcoats don't face the same amount of wear.

5. We'll slowly build it out with more options over the next few months. I know that we're currently working on a sample jacket in Digicamo rip-stop :devil:. If that works, then we can take special orders in both Desert and Woodland. You can - in theory - have a digicam double breasted suit. Paging Wisith for that one!

thirdman

Reaction score
The MTO jackets look great!

Two quick questions: I think you've mentioned in the past that the in between sizes scale every measurement up or down, but I thought I'd double check about the length. I think a 40 is 1" longer than a 38", so a 39" would be .5" longer than a 38"?

Also, the fit is close to perfect on me except the shoulders. I need a bit of shoulder slope, especially for a jacket with so little padding (and I haven't tried one in the Napoli cut, which I imagine would be a bit worse). Do you think you might be able to offer that in the future as an option (say a basic 1" slope), even for an added cost?

Thanks!

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, can you say a bit more about the "unconstructed" option for the MTO jackets? Thanks!

Edit: never mind. I see now that it's the "Napoli" (un)construction.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First, MTO jackets look fantastic. Even more excited to see how my FF jackets fit in 41 now.

And a question from me as well: How long will the spring/summer weight fabrics remain up? I ask this with the assumption that at some point the lightweight stuff will be swapped out for fall/winter fabrics.

thebunk

Reaction score
Couple of thoughts:

- Faded French Blues do look crazy killer. Good stuff SVB

- I am REALLY emo that I did not order any factory find shirts. Damn! I am sure I will kick myself in the butt even more once Mike posts up some of the FF Jackets which I did not get in on as well.

unclesam099

Reaction score
Mike,

I really like the scans of the fabric on the card that denote the weight and the origin of the fabric. I was going to make a suggestion but you beat me to it - photographing the fabrics in natural light and/or at an angle. Especially in the latest Rivet Factory Find mailing, you get a REALLY good sense of the depth of the colors. Thanks for photographing the MTO fabrics at an angle. Awesome!

Simplicio

Reaction score
MTO SC fabrics look very interesting. My instinct with these lightweight summer fabrics is to go with the unconstructed (Napoli) fit and open patch pockets. Are others thinking along similar lines?

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come on Mike, how about some faded French blue rivet chino factory find offerings...
I won't be so paranoid when washing my ducks anymore, I've been trying to keep the colors rich and bright, I'll relax and let them age gracefully.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

MTO SC fabrics look very interesting. My instinct with these lightweight summer fabrics is to go with the unconstructed (Napoli) fit and open patch pockets. Are others thinking along similar lines?

I'm on for the Navy S/S.

I opted patch hip and welted breast in the Napoli cut. I also opted for badass lining! Love all the options. The other fits are great too though, I wouldn't say one is more "summery" weight wise, but the Napoli is definitely more relaxed and maybe a hair lighter.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That blue silk two tone is the one that was previously offered correct? Or maybe I'm misremembering? SvB, I seem to recall you having one.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Busy week, felt like a grown up a little bit...
Wednesday Carmina Shell Fitz:

Thursday LBM, Large Gingham Shirt, Carmina Alt Weins:

and these guys:

Friday:
LBM and another large Gingham shirt:

Have a great weekend!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads