1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Where do we submit our Epaulet photo for the Christmas contest, and what's the deadline? Thanks!

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I think it's supposed to start already. I submitted mine on Saturday. Lol.

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Thanks sir. The pants are def shorter than normal. Lol.

4. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Okay, thanks. I need to go back and catch up on the forum. Where did you submit it? Did you just post it on this forum?

5. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

New Walt convert here. Had been looking to up the trouser game for work when I stumbled upon the walts in the LES store. Man great fit on them.

Bit of a funny story, was trying on a few different colors (ended up with a medium to lighter blue and charcoal flannel) and my fiance says, 'I like those but I don't think they go with your brown boots'

me: Brown?!?! What are you kidding me?!? They're Alden Number 8! It's not brown! it's not brown! Hey I bet the sales guy (Matt I think) knows what I'm talking about!

Sales guy: nodding, yep they look a lot like (pointing to a carmina I think) a burgundy, but Alden finishes them with more black.

me: Seeeeeee?

1 person likes this.
  6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Mr Clem: yep. I just posted it.

7. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

8. bearspoke

bearspoke Active Member

I think we've all done something like this at some point. I know the feeling for sure.

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Ashland shirt and moleskin Walts (left at the stock inseam length as well, though I'm not sure I like how they break as much as I do the duck canvas):

[​IMG]

10. Don L

Don L Senior member

Nice Frank. Agree that the break is a tad too much. Are these the new Olive Moles?

11. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Is that an L.B.M. 1911 overcoat?

12. FrankCowperwood

Yes, these are the new olive moles. I may well get these hemmed for slightly less break. Felt like wearing them today though... :)

Yes. The little white thing that my wife says looks like a store security tag ("It looks like you stole it") gives it away, doesn't it?

13. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Yep, a very distinctive lapel pin on those. The cut, fit, and material look superb on it. Where did you acquire it? I have been looking for an L.B.M. 1911 overcoat.

14. FrankCowperwood

15. breakHARD77

breakHARD77 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. Two quick questions...

1. I just bought a pair of duck canvas Rivet chinos in moss, and they are great! The only thing that is bothering me, though, is that I can't seem to get my cuffs right. They look floppy, loose, and just plain BAD compared to other people's cuffs I see in pictures. If anyone could share their cuffing tips with me, it'd be greatly appreciated!

2. Mike, any plans to release any additional colors in duck canvas? This fabric is awesome!

16. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I've found the best bet (for me) is to start the roll with the exact amount that is hemmed (the ~.5 inch stitched edge) and then roll that over on itself to the desired length. While some will prefer a fatter cuff, this way has yielded a nice clean cuff than "hangs" really well and sits nicely on shoes or boots. Plus, when cuffed a few times, the relative bulk of this offsets the smaller cuff size in a nice way.

17. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I just flip mine up once, about 2 or maybe 2.25". I think the duck cloth lends itself really well to being cuffed. There are other materials (autumn speckle herringbone for example) that I can't seem to get the same kind of flipped-up cuff on. They look kinda sloppy, like you said, I might end up just hemming those. But for the ducks I've never had any problems with the cuff. Little by little I'll be buying (and re-buying in some cases) just about every duck color I can get my hands on. I really love the MTO option, since it lets me increase the length (after some trial and error, I found I need a 39" inseam to get the length and cuff height I want), and I much prefer being able to add flaps on the back pockets rather than have the standard Rivet chino pockets.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  18. tricky

tricky Senior member

I only flip a cuff on my ducks. Just one fat roll.

19. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Moss rivet while shopping in Las Vegas.

1 person likes this.
  20. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Very nice. What shirt do you pair with those Autumn RC?