Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Chris "Italia", Nov 4, 2007.

1. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

Just as I suspected.

Well, I guess I will be finding out soon enough...

2. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Hmm, I'm getting a little nervous about this too. Skoak still hasn't gotten my MTO, but a tighter toe box might be bad news. We'll see I guess.

3. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

I ordered a UK9.5 G fitting. I can wear a Carmina Rain in UK9.5 standard fitting, but it is tight.

I was hoping the G fitting which is slightly wide would give me the fit I was looking for...

4. Fred G. Unn

Ok, Rain in UK9 works great for me, but I saw Peppercorn's post about the narrow toe box on his chukka and it started getting me a little nervous. I just ordered the standard width in the 946.

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

LOL @ "seeing my post," as if I didn't send you the photos over messenger the minute I opened the box!

6. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

Yeah, Pepper, your shoes not fitting are making me nervous...

I am a 10EE in AE 65 and a 10E Alden Barrie...

I ordered the 946 in UK 9.5 G fitting thinking that would be plenty of room...

The Barrie is a bit roomy but comfy in that size...

7. Fred G. Unn

LOL! Guilty. Just trying to keep the ruse of anonymity.

8. peppercorn78

Guys please don't be too concerned based on my experience. Besides just being really wide, my feet are each oddly shaped due to a bunion on the right and a botched bunion surgery (big toe over-corrected) on the left. Plus low instep and thin ankles. My brannock sizes are 11 E and 10.5 3E.

Here's a pic (brace thyselves) in socks for further info

[​IMG]

That elongated left big toe is the cause of most of my fit issues. That's why elongated lasts like the AE 5 or girthy toe-box lasts like Barrie or AE 1 work well for me: they provide a good compromise between the sizes of my two feetses.

And also why I'm thinking I may have better luck with Vass.

Good luck with your fitting experiments, gents!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015

9. peppercorn78

For the record, the boots in question are absolutely perfect and stunning. I wish they were an easier fit. The sizing advice I got from Gabriel was spot on, I just think the last shape is too severe for my toe issues.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. laufer

laufer Senior member

I think you should be fine. Initially I took the same size in Rain and 946 and 946 was indeed too narrow for my feet. I have 946 G on order, I have yet to receive it.
    I think you will be good with G fit.

11. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

I'm feeling a little better about it now.

Thanks guys.

12. fairlynerdy

fairlynerdy Senior member

We are size buddies. 9.5 Rain, but it's real tight. I'd order Rain wholecuts again, or maybe something in suede, but that's about it. I tried on the 946 wholecuts and I found them slightly tighter than the Rain over the waist, which is where my feet are widest (weird I know). After discussing with Gabriel, I did an MTO in a 9.5 G. I think it should be wide enough. I probably could have made the Fs work but better to get the right size.

Ended up ordering 946 wholecuts in Bolet, extra burnishing on the toes and heels. Very excited. Been loving the pics folks have been posting of other Bolet makeups recently, though it makes the wait harder!

13. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Hey folks,

A few questions, if they can be indulged.

1. I've noticed a slight uptick in EB costs on Skoaktiebolaget's site, from $500 to $515, to $520, over the past few days or so. I'm in the US. Is this due to the recent fluctuation in Euro/USD? Or perhaps to something else?

2. Perhaps I just missed it, but I did not notice the shoes linked below on the site at all, and all of a sudden, I see them significantly discounted, though sadly far too large.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/enzo-bonafe/products/enzo-bonafe-austerity-brogue

Can anyone speak to this, or might there be a restock in the future?

14. edvil91

edvil91 Member

Eric, the prices you see on the site are an approximate price in US dollars. Your payment will be in Swedish Krona. I've purchase a pair last month and the total came out about $550. Since the FX rates fluctuate daily, they just have a ball park price. Price as far as I know haven't increased.

*edit - $550 included about $25 worth of shipping costs

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015

15. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

1. Probably results from the currency fluctuations, and CC rates (not always the same thing).

2. Possibly a previously stocked item they found an odd pair lying around, looking to get rid of them?