• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm getting a little nervous about this too. Skoak still hasn't gotten my MTO, but a tighter toe box might be bad news. We'll see I guess.

I ordered a UK9.5 G fitting. I can wear a Carmina Rain in UK9.5 standard fitting, but it is tight.

I was hoping the G fitting which is slightly wide would give me the fit I was looking for...

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, Rain in UK9 works great for me, but I saw Peppercorn's post about the narrow toe box on his chukka and it started getting me a little nervous. I just ordered the standard width in the 946.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok, Rain in UK9 works great for me, but I saw Peppercorn's post about the narrow toe box on his chukka and it started getting me a little nervous. I just ordered the standard width in the 946.

LOL @ "seeing my post," as if I didn't send you the photos over messenger the minute I opened the box!

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL @ "seeing my post," as if I didn't send you the photos over messenger the minute I opened the box!

Yeah, Pepper, your shoes not fitting are making me nervous...

I am a 10EE in AE 65 and a 10E Alden Barrie...

I ordered the 946 in UK 9.5 G fitting thinking that would be plenty of room...

The Barrie is a bit roomy but comfy in that size...

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, Pepper, your shoes not fitting are making me nervous...

I am a 10EE in AE 65 and a 10E Alden Barrie...

I ordered the 946 in UK 9.5 G fitting thinking that would be plenty of room...

The Barrie is a bit roomy but comfy in that size...

Guys please don't be too concerned based on my experience. Besides just being really wide, my feet are each oddly shaped due to a bunion on the right and a botched bunion surgery (big toe over-corrected) on the left. Plus low instep and thin ankles. My brannock sizes are 11 E and 10.5 3E.

Here's a pic (brace thyselves) in socks for further info

That elongated left big toe is the cause of most of my fit issues. That's why elongated lasts like the AE 5 or girthy toe-box lasts like Barrie or AE 1 work well for me: they provide a good compromise between the sizes of my two feetses.

And also why I'm thinking I may have better luck with Vass.

Good luck with your fitting experiments, gents!

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the record, the boots in question are absolutely perfect and stunning. I wish they were an easier fit. The sizing advice I got from Gabriel was spot on, I just think the last shape is too severe for my toe issues.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered a UK9.5 G fitting.  I can wear a Carmina Rain in UK9.5 standard fitting, but it is tight.

I was hoping the G fitting which is slightly wide would give me the fit I was looking for...

I think you should be fine. Initially I took the same size in Rain and 946 and 946 was indeed too narrow for my feet. I have 946 G on order, I have yet to receive it.
I think you will be good with G fit.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you should be fine. Initially I took the same size in Rain and 946 and 946 was indeed too narrow for my feet. I have 946 G on order, I have yet to receive it.
I think you will be good with G fit.

I'm feeling a little better about it now.

Thanks guys.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered a UK9.5 G fitting.  I can wear a Carmina Rain in UK9.5 standard fitting, but it is tight.

We are size buddies. 9.5 Rain, but it's real tight. I'd order Rain wholecuts again, or maybe something in suede, but that's about it. I tried on the 946 wholecuts and I found them slightly tighter than the Rain over the waist, which is where my feet are widest (weird I know). After discussing with Gabriel, I did an MTO in a 9.5 G. I think it should be wide enough. I probably could have made the Fs work but better to get the right size.

Ended up ordering 946 wholecuts in Bolet, extra burnishing on the toes and heels. Very excited. Been loving the pics folks have been posting of other Bolet makeups recently, though it makes the wait harder!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

A few questions, if they can be indulged.

1. I've noticed a slight uptick in EB costs on Skoaktiebolaget's site, from $500 to $515, to $520, over the past few days or so. I'm in the US. Is this due to the recent fluctuation in Euro/USD? Or perhaps to something else?

2. Perhaps I just missed it, but I did not notice the shoes linked below on the site at all, and all of a sudden, I see them significantly discounted, though sadly far too large.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/enzo-bonafe/products/enzo-bonafe-austerity-brogue

Can anyone speak to this, or might there be a restock in the future?

edvil91

Reaction score
Eric, the prices you see on the site are an approximate price in US dollars. Your payment will be in Swedish Krona. I've purchase a pair last month and the total came out about $550. Since the FX rates fluctuate daily, they just have a ball park price. Price as far as I know haven't increased.

*edit - $550 included about $25 worth of shipping costs

Last edited:

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey folks,

A few questions, if they can be indulged.

1. I've noticed a slight uptick in EB costs on Skoaktiebolaget's site, from $500 to $515, to $520, over the past few days or so. I'm in the US. Is this due to the recent fluctuation in Euro/USD? Or perhaps to something else?

2. Perhaps I just missed it, but I did not notice the shoes linked below on the site at all, and all of a sudden, I see them significantly discounted, though sadly far too large.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/enzo-bonafe/products/enzo-bonafe-austerity-brogue

Can anyone speak to this, or might there be a restock in the future?

1. Probably results from the currency fluctuations, and CC rates (not always the same thing).

2. Possibly a previously stocked item they found an odd pair lying around, looking to get rid of them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads