• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought armagnac was the same as the brown C&J uses? Shoot, sometimes I feel like companies use the same color and name it something different

I could be wrong but I think C&J and AE both use dark cognac for their darker browns. Armagnac is usually slightly lighter. Don't quote me on that, however

nikolau

Reaction score
I take same size as rain, but I find the instep to be more generous. Hopefully some others can comment as well.

I would appreciate a bit of guidance from you folks so I can jump into the GMTO. It seems like Lorenzo is trying to close it out.

Is this last “generously wide” in the way Tricker’s Stow or country boots run, or is it sleeker and narrower like a typical Italian last?

It would be really helpful if someone could compare it to one or more of:

C&J 325
Alden Barrie
RM Williams Chelsea boots
Edward Green 82
Trickers 4497S

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate a bit of guidance from you folks so I can jump into the GMTO. It seems like Lorenzo is trying to close it out.

Is this last “generously wide” in the way Tricker’s Stow or country boots run, or is it sleeker and narrower like a typical Italian last?

C&J 325
Alden Barrie
Edward Green 82
Trickers 4497S
From the perspective of the 4497s and 82 lasts compared with EB 74945 last:
1. Tricker's 4497s - I wear UK 9 and both the width and instep are good. The throat lacing is fully closed as my ankles are on the thinner side.
2. EG 82 - I wear 9.5/10 (UK 9.5) and both the width and instep are good. The throat lacing is fully closed as my ankles are on the thinner side.
3. EB 74945 - I wear UK 9 and the width is good but the instep id slightly generous. The throat lacing is fully closed as my ankles are on the the thinner side. The shape of the 74945 is closer to EG 82 with possibly more of a chisel nose.

If that all sounds familiar, I'd suggest doing as @jischwar does and get them to last it with laces open. I'll be doing that in future.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

C&J 325
Alden Barrie
Edward Green 82
Trickers 4497S
I find it to be a true US "D" or medium width.

C&J 325 - UK9E this to me is a generous last both in width and volume and for a me is best with heavy weight socks

RM William's- 9G - this is a comfortable middle of the road last that fits me well

EG 82 - UK9.5E - great last for me all around.

I'd say the 74945 last is similar in width to the 82 or RM but with a much more generous instep (i.e. at UK9 I could probably create an overlap on the lacing gap) so I have Lorenzo last with the laces open to give me the length and width of a UK9, but the instep of a UK8.5

I hope this is helpful, I tend to have a fairly normal foot with a slightly higher instep and a full US "D" width.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EB 74945 Balway in all of it’s Unglazed Natural Shell beauty! The folks at Enzo Bonafe, and Lorenzo at Sole Garb, knocked this one out the park as usual.
3AA26BCD-62D2-415A-B2AE-6A3C74B035C7.jpeg

987B6D8E-7CD2-481D-9EAF-185F8D0BB1A9.jpeg

DDC7C8FF-B9D2-4E86-86C0-7F1D07F0B112.jpeg

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EB 74945 Balway in all of it’s Unglazed Natural Shell beauty! The folks at Enzo Bonafe, and Lorenzo at Sole Garb, knocked this one out the park as usual.
Unglazed. Baking in the 92 degree sunshine. I think they look spectacular.
Mine arrived yesterday also but it's raining here in Australia and I love them. Great pics guys.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi mate, fellow Aussie here :)

Did you get hit with GST and custom duties?

I’m considering an MTO with Lorenzo atm.

Thanks

Hey mate,

No GST because I think the business has to export to Australia over $75,000 worth of goods in a year - my guess is Lorenzo would be nowhere near that amount (assuming that's still the case). If the total value of goods is over $1000 AUD including shipping then you'll have to pay Duties/Tax/GST.

kczsilence

Reaction score
Hmm the last gmto I saw with unglazed natural was with commando soles but these two pairs definitely aren't on that. Was there an option for dainite or leather or was this a completely separate gmto?
Commando just wouldn't look as clean as these

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads