• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh,my size is UK9.5.
I will choose ridgeway sole and Dainite heel anyway so that I can replace the Dainite heel by the local cobbler.
That’s exactly what I did with my Color #4 MTO @Charllesun; at that stage EB only had size 3 3/8 Ridgeway heels. Lorenzo/EB managed to source some 3 5/8 heels which will hopefully fit UK size 9 and below.

oskrusa

Reaction score
I have potentially 6 interested now (including me):

@CrashBurner
@Charllesun
@mugenlove
@oskrusa
@Mr Clemson
@AlucardX

For the following make-up:

Model: Balway
Last: 74945
Leather: Horween Color #6 Cordovan - smooth all over as that is all Lorenzo is able to obtain right now
Welt: 360 Natural Storm Welt
Sole: Double Dainite or Vibram studded equivalent.
Eyelets/Hooks: 5 smaller antique bronze eyelets with 3 matching speed hooks.

Update: Lorenzo just let me know that hopefully the Ridgeway heels just ordered by EB will work with boot sizes up to UK 9.

Thanks again for the response guys.

I would absolutely love ridgeway soles on this makeup, full blown bad ass on color 6.

Usually we have to go with a single sole option for a 4-person GMTO, @CrashBurner do we know if Lorenzo would accommodate for different soles, or at least heels?

Charllesun

Reaction score
I would absolutely love ridgeway soles on this makeup, full blown bad ass on color 6.

Usually we have to go with a single sole option for a 4-person GMTO, @CrashBurner do we know if Lorenzo would accommodate for different soles, or at least heels?
I hope we can. But EB isn’t flexible as Carmina....

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mugenlove
@budapest12
@Tuberosum

Updates:
  • The price will be $1095, unless you choose to add a metal toe tap (optional) which would increase the price to $1,150.
  • Lorenzo confirmed that he has grained shell for the shaft.
  • Let's go with the dark brown edge dressing.
Looks like we are close!

I may shoot you all a PM with Lorenzo's contact information or get yours to pass along to him.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’ve sent Lorenzo an email about half an hour ago asking about the multiple sole options for this GMTO. I’ll also check on the heel thing too - I didn’t expect so much interest in going Ridgeway with Dainite heel - thanks for your flexibility guys.

Charllesun

Reaction score
I’ve sent Lorenzo an email about half an hour ago asking about the multiple sole options for this GMTO. I’ll also check on the heel thing too - I didn’t expect so much interest in going Ridgeway with Dainite heel - thanks for your flexibility guys.
Maybe the victory heel is more suitable for ridgeway sole.. Haha.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope we can. But EB isn’t flexible as Carmina....
I think it would be hard to be as flexible as Carmina - they’ve been fantastic. I have noticed some flexibility in some recent GMTOs on this thread. Judging from the massive uptake on the Carmina thread, I think it would benefit EB/SoleGarb with even more interest if they enabled more options. That being said, I don’t know how much extra work that would require or if it would be feasible for EB’s production process.

Tuberosum

Reaction score
@mugenlove
@budapest12
@Tuberosum

Updates:
  • The price will be $1095, unless you choose to add a metal toe tap (optional) which would increase the price to $1,150.
  • Lorenzo confirmed that he has grained shell for the shaft.
  • Let's go with the dark brown edge dressing.
Looks like we are close!

I may shoot you all a PM with Lorenzo's contact information or get yours to pass along to him.

I already have Lorenzo's contact, I will reach out to him.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random, but I gotta be honest ... I just saw more amaretto make ups from Carmina and from Lorenzo's IG feed, and it's hard to not choose amaretto for a Balway. :cool:

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like both make ups are good to go. I send lorezno an email already. Can I get the finalized makeups when you guys get a chance.
Thanks @mugenlove - I’m just waiting for a response from Lorenzo regarding the sole option(s) and final price. At the moment, the Color #6 make up is:

Model: Balway
Last: 74945
Upper: Smooth Color #6
Shaft: Smooth Color #6
Welt: 360 Natural Storm Welt
Sole: Dainite/Vibram studded equivalent. There’s also significant interest in the Ridgeway sole and I’m waiting to get a response from Lorenzo regarding a possible choice of soles for this GMTO.

Note: I’m also awaiting clarification on price but assume it would be the standard $1095.

Charllesun

Reaction score
In the future I’d be interested in a nst shoe for what it’s worth
I’m also interested in the nst shoes.
How about a color 6 nst shoes instead of boots?

Attachments

• 0245C960-9653-4F8A-84D3-616A5A14AF9E.png
    0245C960-9653-4F8A-84D3-616A5A14AF9E.png
    617.9 KB · Views: 49

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene