• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS 16

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

There's plenty of FW16 stock up on Haven and at JP retailers, but for some reason nobody started a thread this year.

FW 16 thread is live and with apologies for the delay.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting insight into the SS16 popovers. I have popovers from SS14 and SS15 and love them. I have not tried the ones from SS16 partly because I was not that enthused about the big plaids. The ones I have from the prior seasons are roomy enough that I don't need the extra room that has been attributed to the SS16 version.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@agvs I can't compare to previous seasons, but the one I have does seem rather long and the length is actually accentuated by the lack of high side gussets.

FWIW, I felt that this season's short sleeve shirts have actually been a bit slimmer in the chest, but maybe I'm just getting fatter.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need to do a mini-rant on EG sizing.

I inquired about measurements for the SS16 blue dungaree workshirt and 19thC buttondown. Why would the p2p measurement for these in say a Large (22.5") be wider than the p2p measurement for a SS16 Bedford jacket (21.5" in Large)? The Bedford is intended to be worn over a shirt such as the workshirt or the 19thC buttondown so I would think the Bedford would be cut fuller, not narrower, than the shirts. At least, that would result in a better fit for me and a likely purchase.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jackets are usually cut closer than shirts in general. In tailored clothes for example I wear a size 40 jacket, which has a 21" pit to put measurement, but most of my shirts measure 22"-23".

Lendo

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the activecloth Knockabout Shorts fit? Looking for around a 34" waist, and going by TBB measurements it looks like that'd be a Med.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the activecloth Knockabout Shorts fit? Looking for around a 34" waist, and going by TBB measurements it looks like that'd be a Med.
I can't specifically speak for the Knockabout Shorts, but my experience has been S=32, M=34. I'd recommend the Medium.

Last edited:

Beedub

Reaction score

The Sk8-Hi just seems too far removed from the typical EG aesthetic. I wouldn't mind seeing some fits if someone has attempted to pull it off.

I think the SK8 hi's can work with EG. This is definitely an AW appropriate make-up though, pictured with SS16 ripstop fatigues, which don't quite work- I think black trousers, a little looser, and it's a good pairing, bound to be something that fits that bill this AW. Not the sort of shoe to wear with a Bedford or Andover however, but there's plenty more casual options every season.

I also should say that I don't intend to wear them with odd laces, was just trying out the options to see which ones I preferred.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads