• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW08

jeffaky

Reaction score
I went into Hejfina yesterday and they've received their second shipment of Engineered Garments which haven't been posted to their website yet. From what I saw they received the following along with a few other items I can't remember now:

Wool chalk stripe cinch pants
Olive Military Pants
Wool chalk stripe andover jacket
Herringtbone shawl collar cardigan
Grey flannel work shirt

They're still getting more in but no definite date.

jeffaky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Did you get to handle the cardigan? What did you think of it, if so?

I had to go up one size in the cardigan. It's actually one of my favorite pieces from this season. It's pretty light-weight and bells out just slightly at the bottom.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ian got in some more stuff yesterday, but not much. The storm coat is kind of cool, but I was disappointed by the rough fake fur, the leather buttons (that I think were also fake?), and the price: $600. The outer layer was black ripstop cotton.

I picked up some ties though, and I'm happy to report that they're much more narrow this season.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The other two jackets they got in were the Chesterfield and Peajacket, both in navy wool (I think). I did not try on the chesterfield, but the peajacket was about the same sizing was as the sunforger version from last season.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Work jacket at Nomad. Not sure if this is the clicker jacket brought up earlier in the thread, but it seems pricey for what it is (maybe it's lined like the mac jacket?).
EGjkt1-741890.jpg
EGjkt2-741845.jpg

blake

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
we received 20 styles today from engineered garments. here is what we have
1)western shirt blk/brn/tan
2)western shirt blue chambray
3)western shirt mid grey heather flannel
4)western shirt charcoal heather flannel
5)work shirt navy/red/olive
6)work shirt brn orange
7)work shirt mid grey heather
8)work shirt charcoal heather flannel
9)rugby brown
10)rugby black
11)engineer jacket dk blue stripe
12)CPO shirt jacket
13)Mac jacket black ripstop
14)bedford jacket charcoal wool flannel
15)bedford jacket grey heather sweater knit
16)beacon pant herringbone
17)beacon pant dk navy cotton
18)beacon pant wool flannel
19)tie white navy red
20)tie black brown tan

only store in oregon. If your in town stop by, It looks amazing. PM me with any questions. we do not have pics anywhere

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lysol
Any idea when?
The Levi's collaboration should be out early September.

Originally Posted by Shorty Long
Anyone know where I might be able to phone order the following item in the US?

Engineered Garments Beacon grey pants, size 32

I was going to order from Hejfina, but they're out of my size.

Thanks in advance

Beacon Pants Grey,
Blake
Boutique U & I
Hejfina
Jonathan & Olivia
Legion
Odin Den
Odin E.Village
Odin Lafayette
Oliver Spencer

Khaki,
Japan Only

Hawkeye

Reaction score
EG is at Den...

As we've reported time and again, Den, the small ("cozy" in Manhattan real-estate parlance) space next to Odin's East Village store has become a second home for emerging designers or popular indie labels without a boutique to call their own—a guest-room futon in the world of fashion retail, if you will. Previous residences by Tim Hamilton, Robert Geller, and others have given Den the designer bona fides of a much larger operation while offering shoppers a carousel of aesthetics and choices (the space is slightly renovated for each occupant.) But perhaps no visitor has arrived at Den with more luggage than its newest temporary boarder, the GQ/CFDA-award-winning brand, Engineered Garments.

Fittingly for a brand that bases its aesthetic on the workwear of turn-of-the-century miners and laborers (albeit with a smart, urbane twist), Engineered Garments and its head designer, Daiki Suzuki, have collaborated with Den's staff to transform the space into a tribute to the traditional American General store. In addition to Suzki's shirts, sweaters, pants, and jackets—all of which could do double duty in the Adirondacks and Cobble Hill—the "Country Store/EG" will offer similarly useful town-and-country gear such as Faribault Blankets, Dayton workboots, and Duluth Pack's canoe bags. Good thing too—it's time for city and country mice alike to start stocking provisions for the long season ahead.

Den is located at 330 East 11th Street, 212-475-0079; www.dennewyork.com.

Den is located at Den is located at 330 East 11th Street, 212-475-0079; www.dennewyork.com.

Refinery29

den_engineeredgarments2.jpg

den_engineeredgarments1.jpg

I walked by yesterday and didnt even notice...

bsyde82

Reaction score
a question about Den....what happens to the stock of previous designers once the store starts carrying someone else? does it go to Odin or something?

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
a question about Den....what happens to the stock of previous designers once the store starts carrying someone else? does it go to Odin or something?

I think so, I walked by yesterday and wondered why there were so many cp's being displayed in the window of Odin. Just didn't make the connection. The Geller stuff went on sale, then to the Odins.

Shorty Long

Reaction score
I'm dying to know how much they're charging for the buffalo check red/black hunting cap...I'm guessing a bit more than the Filson version

atomicranch

Reaction score
Has anyone spotted the brown field parka yet? I think Gary ordered it? Looking to buy. Or maybe that Levi's collab jacket. Decisions, decsions...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads