• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is the collar really supposed to be torn off like that?

These were picked up from the sample sale and the band is from my actual closet. I cut the collar off myself. The other shirt was actually part of the first and only actual Eidos women's collection that the world never got to see...

everyday

Reaction score
These were picked up from the sample sale and the band is from my actual closet. I cut the collar off myself. The other shirt was actually part of the first and only actual Eidos women's collection that the world never got to see...
Cool, I'll file it under “don't get it” along with the splatter cardigan :p

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
delete

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Then I should ask you for a refund. Your honesty here is a little late and not appreciated.

I don't work at the company anymore and haven't since well before you bought these garments. When I left I sent the company back the entirety of the Eidos design archive and the western shirt was in it (as an idea I was playing with and wear testing). My understanding is that they sent the whole archive to the sale largely sight unseen. I mentioned this fact in this thread multiple times. Not sure what anyone else could have done to tip you off.

Cool, I'll file it under “don't get it” along with the splatter cardigan :p

The splatter cardigan was a reference to Basquiat's habit of painting in Armani suits. The actual painting was done by my dear friend (and artist) Nicola Scaglione with the intention that each would be different and, in their own way, like a painting. Wearable art.

Last edited:

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
delete

Last edited:

konix

Reaction score
@NickPollica
I knew you left the brand so you should stop speaking on behalf of the brand (e.g. sold on sample sales). The question was asked for my post and I don't need a spokesperson.

If you think you have the responsibility to give full disclosure of your design at your prior employer to other Eidos customers, I am an Eidos customer as well.

best part of this thread is @NickPollica providing details on his designs that i would otherwise be oblivious to. His candor is also refreshing as well.

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
delete

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bd12e4f36fe851e753deb212b48a3c32.png

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disclosing that something is preowned or that it was originally a women’s shirt doesn’t discourage me from buying something, but somebody having an attitude that the designer needs to personally consult with any potential purchase (?), especially someone who is going to resell it at 100% markup from what they paid for it really will. I’m happy to never purchase from you.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Look, both styles are, IMO, still objectively cool and salable. But a question was asked about the western shirt that literally only I know the answer to and I've always tried to be open and honest here to give everyone the best information before purchasing. Had I been at the sale and you had asked, I would have told you. With regard to the women's shirt, it could absolutely still be worn by a guy (I am wearing a kurta as I type). Just trying to highlight original intention so everyone knows what they are getting.

piyasil

Reaction score
It is easily worth it's original full retail. The fabric - a bottom weight Japanese replica of the classic US Army crammerton cloth - is the same one I ran in the cook chino below from NY Blues (harkening back to that full khaki army suit). I often wear mine over a white tee and jeans as lightweight outerwear. It's one of the best things in my closet.

View attachment 1003784

View attachment 1003787

Is it the same fabric as in the Morgan as well ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads