• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

tobehknese

Reaction score
There's one for sale on Grailed. (The Carlos jacket that is; either a 42 or 44)

Did EIDOS do any Casentino this season or the Adamo jacket? If not, anyone have one they want to part with at some time? Do they generally run TTS / fit akin to Tipo or Balthazar cuts? (i.e. get same size you would in those suits)

Last question: Was there actually a place that sold them in orange, and if so, where/when was this? I kind of want to hunt this down.

9d21b506bae30a7796d4e067cfd98e0b.jpg

To my untrained eye, it looks fairly similar to EIDOS ones I've seen, but the pockets look different.
Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 23.22.56.png

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
Looks awesome. What is the fit like on this coat? is it TTS or is this similar to DB Ulster? Also is it fully lined?

Edit 4.0 deluxe*

I like this Eidos Carlo coat. The picture is stolen from Eidos lookbook AW16.

I wish I took the picture and I wish I was the model.:bounce2:

pi34

Reaction score
.[/ATTACH]

That is the original one I developed. It was a sample, nobody bought that colorway. I changed the pockets after two seasons.

Ah! Understood. Thanks for the heads up both of you! It looks super awesome.

That's a bit of a shame - I love those bright type of colors, but I kind of understand why retailers shy away from them (have an awesome FSC yellow denim jacket that cost virtually nothing at Bloomingdale's in NYC since I guess it didn't sell)... kind of bummed to have found it and be unable to get the orange one (but totally would if it magically turned up haha)

Do you have any Adamo style jackets in casentino you sent out this season? I see a corduroy one at NMWA.

Last edited:

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Orange is not an uncommon color for Casentino cloth coats. You may want to look at traditional European retailers for one.

I remember seeing an orange casentino Eidos hunting jacket in size 40 (probably a sample) a few years at an Isaia/Eidos sample sale. I would have bought it if it were in my size even though I don't like the hunting jacket style.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Orange is actually the original color of casentino (the green was developed second) and that silhouette is a style traditional to the region the fabric is produced.

I stopped offering the casentino a few seasons back, although I found and indigo one from Laneficio Faisa that almost made it into NY Blues.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what is going to happen to this affiliate thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads