• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A bit deeper on our first Gentry drop...

The Horizontal Aran mockneck - The most beautiful thing about this is the continuous knit pattern that runs from the cuff, up the sleeve, across the chest and down the other arm without breaking. Not easy to achieve.

The Horizontal herringbone garment dyed cashmere robe - I know some of you have asked where this was available. The evolution of the Ajrak cardigan but knit longer and out of Loro Piana Coarsehair cashmere. It is seriously the softest yarn quality I've ever felt. I believe that there are only 5 of these (3 here and 2 at AK RIKKS).

The Matera field jacket - I've written about this extensively at this point but this is my favorite field jacket we've ever done. Cut from a midnight Japanese cotton sateen that replicates the original fabric of the M-65, we put our own spin on the silhouette by drawing on many of my favorite vintage styles. One highlight to note is the stowable hood that is in self fabric, as opposed to that lightweight liner fabric that always looked like an after thought to me.

The Maremmana Shearling - A technical update to our perennial classic. My brother (who initially asked me to create the style the first season) wanted me to make him one he could actually hunt in. He said the outer shell needed to be water repellent with a compact weave so it wouldn't catch on brambles, etc. but also extremely warm. My answer was to do the shell in a peached Japanes weather cloth (the same fabric as the Chiaia) and lined in real shearling.

The Ollie cable crewneck - The idea here was to make the classic cable knit crew feel a bit more rugged. There is a basketweave stitch in between the triple cables and the yarn is one charcoal and one chocolate woolen yarn spun together for subtle depth of texture. This one is knit and cut fairly loose for maximum coziness.

The Shay unlined tweed car coat - This tricolor (light gray, charcoal/chocolate) tweed quality from Moessmer looks rough but is light and forgiving like a knit. Completely unlined so wears like a sweater.

The Thompson belted shawl cardigan - Its encore showing and done in a slightly different navy/brownish gray mouline yarn.

Last edited:

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I really understood where you wanted to go with Eidos until I saw the Gentry drop. Easily the most appealing interpretation of the brand thus far (although I really like some of the tailoring as well). Feels a lot more urban than how I usually percieve Eidos.

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I don't think I really understood where you wanted to go with Eidos until I saw the Gentry drop. Easily the most appealing interpretation of the brand thus far (although I really like some of the tailoring as well). Feels a lot more urban than how I usually percieve Eidos.

I think that the strength of the collection is that by focusing on simple, interesting design it can be taken both ways. There isn't a single piece here that I would consider streetwear. It's all in how you put it together.

pleatedjeans

Reaction score
Love the "loose" (unfinished? non-cinched? rolled? not sure what the word is here) bottom hem on the aran mock turtleneck, great detail that totally changes how it can be worn

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the buttons on the Gentry Courtier black or a dark brown?

@NickPollica

Edit: Or Blue?

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are the buttons on the Gentry Courtier black or a dark brown?

@NickPollica

Edit: Or Blue?[/quote

I developed a stonewashed black corozo button this season for the dark grounded shirts. It has a matte finish with undertones of the natural nut color - an amazing depth of color. I normally hate the idea of black buttons, particularly because they are usually very shiny and severe, but this one is great because it essentially goes away and doesn't distract from the textiles.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For those of you that are sick of all the low rise, tight pants that have flooded the market in the last 10 years, you'll be happy to know that our two higher rise, full leg chino models just hit Mr. Porter. They can both be seen in the editorial I did for their site last week here:

I wear some version the stone Nonno chino like 5 days a week but the Ambro belted pant in sage corded cotton pant is my favorite silhouette for the season. Funny story with how these came to be - I was visiting Salvatore Ambrosi's old workspace in Naples whe he showed me these old French motorcycle pants he'd bought in Japan. He gave them to me and told me he'd give me 1000 euro if I could find someone in Italy to replicate them as their details - particularly their belt and waistband construction - were too complex and required too much handwork. We refined them for everyday use but maintained the key details that made them special.

Last edited:

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those of you that are sick of all the low rise, tight pants that have flooded the market in the last 10 years, you'll be happy to know that our two higher rise, full leg chino models just hit Mr. Porter. They can both be seen in the editorial I did for their site last week here:

I wear some version the stone Nonno chino like 5 days a week but the Ambro belted pant in sage corded cotton pant is my favorite silhouette for the season. Funny story with how these came to be - I was visiting Salvatore Ambrosi's old workspace in Naples whe he showed me these old French motorcycle pants he'd bought in Japan. He gave them to me and told me he'd give me 1000 euro if I could find someone in Italy to replicate them as their details - particularly their belt and waistband construction - were too complex and required too much handwork. We refined them for everyday use but maintained the key details that made them special.

Did Mr. Ambrosi pay you the 1000 euros? ;)

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all I'm maybe considering selling my gun club sportcoat from last FW (from NMWA). Any 52's who may be interested PM me and if we can get a win win scenario on the price then, well, awesome. Haha.

P.S. ^japanese gambling pants look cool^

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene