• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was the Eidos stuff primarily goods sold in retail establishments, or were there some one-off samples as well?

Goodman

Reaction score
Stopped by the sample sale tonight. There is still some stuff but not much. Good news is that they are now taking an additional 20% off everything. Ended up purchasing 2 Eidos shirts - the blue/brown stripe linen and a chambray button down - now $70 each and an Eidos tie - now at $36. Still a decent amount of shirts although I'll argue I got the last nice tie. If you're nearby, definitely stop by. A small added bonus that I didn't notice until I got home was that they included the nice Eidos wooden shirt hangars.

Also had the chance to say hi to Quentin who was there. Was impressed that he immediately recognized me from our previous encounter

ehult

Reaction score
It looks like the Tipo Washed Cav Twill Basic Chinos on Bloomingdales.com are hemmed. Does anyone know if that's accurate and/or what the inseam is? This 6'8" guy needs to know. Already copped the stone calvary twill, army dress pant, and khaki calvary twill which are u hemmed.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sal trousers in solbiati linen (photo by EFV)

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
^Just bought those today (from a local shop, unfortunately they sold out in my size on NMWA a while ago). They're currently at the tailors. Thanks for the inspo on what to wear them with!

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the linen field jacket, is the consensus tts? I'm a 42 in eidos sportcoats and my eidos casantino bomber. I will probably just wear it over a shirt or light sweater more often than not

edit: looks like Antonio suggests sticking tts

Last edited:

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I encountered my first Eidos Napoli jacket in the wild yesterday and I have some questions:

What makes them so popular? Without wanting to pick a fight, I didnt notice anything exceptional about it. The fabric wasnt overly nice and the construction didnt seem particularly special. It was a soft coat and so fairly comfortable, but not unlike a lot of other soft coats out there. I guess I am wondering why they have such a following.

I am happy to concede that I am overlooking something and would be interested in getting more info about the brand. Thoughts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads