• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward green dover discounted?

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Sale at Edward Green's Burlington Arcade shop begins next Thursday (24th June).

They might, or they might not, deal with telephone orders for sale stock.
You can always try: +44 20 7499 6377.

(UK is 5 hours ahead of East coast time.)

jrh

Reaction score
In my experience, ordering from the EG store in London was slightly less (including base price, customs, and shipping)for a specila order, then if you ordered from a store (off the rack) in the USA. But I have not ordered from the EG store for about 1-1/2 years.

If the shoe you order is stock it will be less then if made-up specifically for you. EMail of call London and ask them. Do an exchange rate calculation, add about 8 to 10 % for customs, and about $40 to 50 for shipping.

daytrader

Reaction score
In my experience, ordering from the EG store in London was slightly less (including base price, customs, and shipping)for a specila order, then if you ordered from a store (off the rack) in the USA.  But I have not ordered from the EG store for about 1-1/2 years.

If the shoe you order is stock it will be less then if made-up specifically for you.  EMail of call London and ask them.  Do an exchange rate calculation, add about 8 to 10 % for customs, and about $40 to 50 for shipping.
Good deal. Is the official color of those shoes "dark oak antique?"Thanks again everyone for the help. Much appreciated.

TimelessRider

Reaction score
The Sale at Edward Green's Burlington Arcade shop begins next Thursday (24th June).

They might, or they might not, deal with telephone orders for sale stock.
You can always try: +44 20 7499 6377.

(UK is 5 hours ahead of East coast time.)
bengal - Thanks for the tip. I was able to email them my size and receive a list of sale models available (not very many since I take an F width). They have a Dark Oak Yardley and a Burnt Pine Plymouth, both of which are very tempting. Tax free prices range from £247.00 to £264.00. I wonder if there'll be more discounts as the sale progresses.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They have a Dark Oak Yardley  and a Burnt Pine Plymouth, both of which are very tempting.  Tax free prices range from £247.00 to £264.00.  I wonder if there'll be more discounts as the sale progresses.
Although some 3 or 4 weeks into the sale most of the items still remaining are likely to be marked down further, I wouldn't risk it. If you like the style and want the shoes, I would get them now, particular as EG seems to offer you the pick of the crop before they hit the sales floor.

It might be different to take a gamble on something weird and wonderful like a pair of special order shoes in raspberry-pink, size 12 AAA. My guess is that in good old Europe, F fittings might sell out quite fast. (Definitely faster than the D fittings, I'm likely to look for.)

Internyet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe,18 June 2004, 6:18
I was able to email them my size and receive a list of sale models available (not very many since I take an F width).
Uhh -- e-mail address please
smile.gif
(pretty please)

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Although some 3 or 4 weeks into the sale most of the items still remaining are likely to be marked down further, I wouldn't risk it. If you like the style and want the shoes, I would get them now, particular as EG seems to offer you the pick of the crop before they hit the sales floor.
I came to the same conclusion as soon as I posted my message. I reserved the Yardley which should go out in a cocuple of weeks. Again thank you for the info.

daytrader

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe,19 June 2004, 10:39
I came to the same conclusion as soon as I posted my message. Â I reserved the Yardley which should go out in a cocuple of weeks. Â Again thank you for the info.
Smart move. The Yardley is a very beautiful shoe. Love those soles. Did they just have the one pair?
yardley1.jpg
yardley2.jpg

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Smart move. The Yardley is a very beautiful shoe. Love those soles. Did they just have the one pair?
daytrader - They had two Yardleys in my size, one in Dark Oak and one in Chestnut. I took the Dark Oak and I'm sure they have more in other sizes.

Nice shoes in the pics. Yours? I have the double Dainite sole on a Halifax boot, but I hope that the Yardley I ordered has a leather sole. Not that I would turn my nose up at a Dainite soled Yardley at these discounted prices...

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have the double Dainite sole on a Halifax boot, but I hope that the Yardley I ordered has a leather sole.  Not that I would turn my nose up at a Dainite soled Yardley at these discounted prices...
Edward Green's "Yardley" usually comes with a single leather sole (as featured in the catalogue). I presume that the version with the Dainite sole was a special order; either for an individual customer, or a store ordered them with these particular specifications.

I'm pretty certain the shoes you will be getting come with a leather sole. They would have mentioned it otherwise.

TimelessRider

Reaction score
I'm pretty certain the shoes you will be getting come with a leather sole. They would have mentioned it otherwise.
You are quite correct as always. They showed up today leather soles and all. Click for high-res:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads