• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe It was the same guy who bought the majority of BB stock from the last year, if that's what's important at all.

He's selling them on eBay. It appears the all time "favorite" SF flipper Bill, aka Sausages234 has retired .. He was regular in Northampton factory shops and would send me an e-mail with offers every 2 weeks, but the prices in the shops have risen in the past years, taking off his profit .. It's getting harder and harder to flip those factory EG rejects with a base price now close to $600,00 + when one have to add the postage/paypal/trip/profit cost on top of that.
Are they listed already?

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think those might be leftover from last year I came away with the Inverness at that time as well, and those were definitely not at the sale this year as of the end of the first day, 4/1.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally find your comment much more disgusting and offensive than the "disgusting scammer" who bought shoes to resell for some profit. You don't seem to have any problem when BB used to buy these shoes for $500 and sold them for $1300, or for EG themselves who sell a pair that costs them $200 for $1300 ripping us all off in broad daylight. But you find it unacceptable that someone picked up a few pairs for $300 to sell them for $400, if that. At the end of the day, most people here on SF or anywhere else for that matter don't even have the ability to visit the store and even the ones that do, going out of their way in their busy lives to visit the store to pick up a pair (if they were lucky to find one in their size by the time they got there) would quite frankly cost them more than $100 in both actual money and time.

And, no, the disgusting scammer is not me nor do I know him or even know who he is.

And you say "Liking high-end shoes does not / should not equal accepting the ugliest manifestations of capitalism."

LOL. That's a good one. I'm wondering if you are for real. Again, the shoes you pay $1300 for cost $200, if that. Not that I have any issue with that. If it wasn't for the ugly capitalism, trust me, your beautiful shoes would simply not exist.

I certainly understand how folks would get miffed at a lost opportunity to purchase EG’s at 80% off. Especially when they are scooped up by one selling them at auction where they regularly garner much more than the modest gain you posted @sforum1

But like you I’m always perplexed by the folks who cry bloody murder when someone flips, any, pair of shoes and makes a profit. How much profit they make is, to me, irrelevant. The fact is, in western countries that’s how things are done. The market always determines a things worth. For them to whine and moan about it is just....nonsensical.

sforum1

Reaction score
I certainly understand how folks would get miffed at a lost opportunity to purchase EG’s at 80% off. Especially when they are scooped up by one selling them at auction where they regularly garner much more than the modest gain you posted @sforum1

But like you I’m always perplexed by the folks who cry bloody murder when someone flips, any, pair of shoes and makes a profit. How much profit they make is, to me, irrelevant. The fact is, in western countries that’s how things are done. The market always determines a things worth. For them to whine and moan about it is just....nonsensical.
The truth is that if it wasn't for the flippers most of our discounted premium shoes we own we would never be able to purchase. It's as simple as that. I--and I'm sure I'm not alone--purchased quite a few pairs at full price but also pairs at half the price either here or on eBay from flippers. The way I see it is that the flippers saved me $700 but you see it as the flippers cost me $150 (because in some universe I could have found myself at that store that had the sale, in that part of the world, at the exact perfect time the sale was going on and purchased those shoes directly myself for $150 less.

But forget all that. This is not about me and what I like and what suits my interest. I do not see how you can vilify someone who's trying to run a business and make profits without doing anything wrong, criminal, illegal or even unethical.

Last edited:

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The truth is that if it wasn't for the flippers most of our discounted premium shoes we own we would never be able to purchase. It's as simple as that. I--and I'm sure I'm not alone--purchased quite a few pairs at full price but also pairs at half the price either here or on eBay from flippers. The way I see it is that the flippers saved me $700 but you see it as the flippers cost me $150 (because in some universe I could have found myself at that store that had the sale, in that part of the world, at the exact perfect time the sale was going on and purchased those shoes directly myself for $150 less.

But forget all that. This is not about me and what I like and what suits my interest. I do not see how you can vilify someone who's trying to run a business and make profits without doing anything wrong, criminal, illegal or even unethical.

On that note, a pair of minty Galways is en route to me for about 75% off ;-)
I love them flippers. In fact, I have a couple Vass and EB I am flipping for being a 1/2 size off. Somebody will get lucky and the world will keep on turning..

sforum1

Reaction score
I love them flippers. In fact, I have a couple Vass and EB I am flipping for being a 1/2 size off. Somebody will get lucky and the world will keep on turning..
You should hate the person who sold you those Galways because you could have gotten them possibly for 82% off. But wait. Not quite. The truth is that flippers often end up losing money. When you buy a pair of EG for $600 there is no guarantee at all that you'll make a profit. None at all. They have to take that risk and the rest of us are the beneficiaries of that. In capitalist markets we tend to focus on the players that make the big money but we never talk about the ones that go bust or lose money every day as we benefit from their products and services.

I can tell you this. I often purchased shoes for a huge discount. Ended up not fitting and wanted to get rid of them, but I could also have bought them to flip them. Again, the shoes were purchased at a deep discount but still had to take a loss in selling them. Ask the guy who bought them from me if I'm a bad guy.

Last edited:

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should hate the person who sold you those Galways because you could have gotten them possibly for 82% off. But wait. Not quite. The truth is that flippers often end up losing money. When you buy a pair of EG for $600 there is no guarantee at all that you'll make a profit. None at all. They have to take that risk and the rest of us are the beneficiaries of that. In capitalist markets we tend to focus on the players that make the big money but we never talk about the ones that go bust or lose money every day as we benefit from their products and services.

I can tell you this. I often purchased shoes for a huge discount. Ended up not fitting and wanted to get rid of them, but I could also have bought them to flip them. Again, the shoes were purchased at a deep discount but still had to take a loss in selling them. Ask the guy who bought them from me if I'm a bad guy.

One reason I love EG is that their sizing has been reasonably straightforward for me. I can buy but not have to worry about a poor fit. Plus, most of my new pairs have come from Steve Yoo and hence, the service has been exceptional.

Mallaig

Reaction score
C52FA3AF-DCF8-4BDE-94D8-8C334AD6E222.jpeg
Talking of flipping, thanks to @nishant for helping me get my first pair of EG. They are spectacular.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If a person buys EG at 80% off and flips them, but doesn’t make a profit, I don’t know what to say about them.

I’ve never been the lucky recipient of the big discounted items on eBay. Although, I must say I never pay full retail for EG, but have been fortunate enough to catch brick and mortar sales at deep discounts. I say more power to those of you that have gotten these beauties at cheaper prices from flippers, and even more power to those flippers who give me hope one day I’ll snag one of their bargains. They are playing by the rules of the game as they are. No harm in that in my eyes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics