• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were they the same EG styles and colors as those from last year’s BB warehouse sale? What were the prices this year?

It is difficult to say, as virtually all of the EG stock was gone by the time that I had arrived yesterday evening, but the signs overhead promised discounts of 80% from regular retail, which may account for the bulk buyer swooping in and taking the lot. What few shoes from EG that were left looked like the same stock as last year - one of the few pieces not scooped up were black split-toe monk straps, a pair of which I bought at the last iteration of this sale.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It is difficult to say, as virtually all of the EG stock was gone by the time that I had arrived yesterday evening, but the signs overhead promised discounts of 80% from regular retail, which may account for the bulk buyer swooping in and taking the lot. What few shoes from EG that were left looked like the same stock as last year - one of the few pieces not scooped up were black split-toe monk straps, a pair of which I bought at the last iteration of this sale.
Sounds really nice

fracanzano

Reaction score
Call it as it is: bulk buyer = disgusting scammer. Liking high-end shoes does not / should not equal accepting the ugliest manifestations of capitalism.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The reddit thread on the sale mentioned that the EG were left overs from the last sale. If I recall correctly brooks was transitioning away from EG as their preferred white label shoe maker to another Italian company. In fact of note is the mass purchase of Alden cordovans by a bulk buyer.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BC54BD2F-FDB1-4443-923F-8053C5DB59A6.jpeg
A forum member was passing by on Monday night and mentioned it to me so I dropped by on Tuesday morning. Ended up with 4 pair of EG, 3 pair of Alden tassel loafers, and a pair of red wing chukka boots. EGs were marked down to 80 percent off, which was better than last year’s 50 percent off (although certain salesperson were giving the 80 percent last year for EGs). My recollection was that they sold off all the EGs to one seller at some point during the sale last year as well, so could be the same guy. Those definitely ended up on eBay last year shortly after the BB sale ended. I don’t think these were left overs from last year’s sale but could be. Last year I purchased a pair of Dover’s in Dark Oak and Inverness in burgundy antique. I picked up the Hove, Chelsea, Monmouth, and Downing this time. I vaguely remember the Monmouth and Hove but don’t remember Chelseas or Downings last year. But I could be wrong.

Posted the suede Chelseas in UK 9 and a pair of Aldens in US 10 on B&S.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a BB employee from Boston who came down to run last year’s sale. A very nice woman - I recall her saying at one point that they wanted to drop the EGs to 80 percent along with everything else but EG wouldn’t let them do it. Perhaps they didn’t bother asking this year!

UNOAIMX

Reaction score
Capitalism begets Edward Green and other profit seeking fine shoe-making entities, which also begets bulk buyers, its alright for most of us who are not enterprising capitalists and can't really make a trip to NYC anyways, those Edward Greens will eventually trickles down to the secondary market, where we will hand over our wads of cash.

fracanzano

Reaction score
That seems excessive...I’m sure there are worse manifestations of capitalism than someone buying up discounted EGs and reselling them.
Of course there are, but then there’s the thought of this schmuck who’s got nothing better to do with his life. Excessive, probably, but as my mom always said, nothing succeeds like excess!

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don’t beat yourselves up too much. Long before the exodus, there was a loophole where one could leverage the corporate day window with a deal code and use BB giftcards purchased second hand to pay the balance. The Galway’s were around $750-$800 w/ trees IIRC, which was one of their most expensive stocked models.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1154722 A forum member was passing by on Monday night and mentioned it to me so I dropped by on Tuesday morning. Ended up with 4 pair of EG, 3 pair of Alden tassel loafers, and a pair of red wing chukka boots. EGs were marked down to 80 percent off, which was better than last year’s 50 percent off (although certain salesperson were giving the 80 percent last year for EGs). My recollection was that they sold off all the EGs to one seller at some point during the sale last year as well, so could be the same guy. Those definitely ended up on eBay last year shortly after the BB sale ended. I don’t think these were left overs from last year’s sale but could be. Last year I purchased a pair of Dover’s in Dark Oak and Inverness in burgundy antique. I picked up the Hove, Chelsea, Monmouth, and Downing this time. I vaguely remember the Monmouth and Hove but don’t remember Chelseas or Downings last year. But I could be wrong.

Posted the suede Chelseas in UK 9 and a pair of Aldens in US 10 on B&S.
WELL Done Sir. Excellent Scores

sforum1

Reaction score
Call it as it is: bulk buyer = disgusting scammer. Liking high-end shoes does not / should not equal accepting the ugliest manifestations of capitalism.
I personally find your comment much more disgusting and offensive than the "disgusting scammer" who bought shoes to resell for some profit. You don't seem to have any problem when BB used to buy these shoes for $500 and sold them for $1300, or for EG themselves who sell a pair that costs them $200 for $1300 ripping us all off in broad daylight. But you find it unacceptable that someone picked up a few pairs for $300 to sell them for $400, if that. At the end of the day, most people here on SF or anywhere else for that matter don't even have the ability to visit the store and even the ones that do, going out of their way in their busy lives to visit the store to pick up a pair (if they were lucky to find one in their size by the time they got there) would quite frankly cost them more than $100 in both actual money and time.

And, no, the disgusting scammer is not me nor do I know him or even know who he is.

And you say "Liking high-end shoes does not / should not equal accepting the ugliest manifestations of capitalism."

LOL. That's a good one. I'm wondering if you are for real. Again, the shoes you pay $1300 for cost $200, if that. Not that I have any issue with that. If it wasn't for the ugly capitalism, trust me, your beautiful shoes would simply not exist.

Last edited:

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe It was the same guy who bought the majority of BB stock from the last year, if that's what's important at all.

He's selling them on eBay. It appears the all time "favorite" SF flipper Bill, aka Sausages234 has retired .. He was regular in Northampton factory shops and would send me an e-mail with offers every 2 weeks, but the prices in the shops have risen in the past years, taking off his profit .. It's getting harder and harder to flip those factory EG rejects with a base price now close to $600,00 + when one have to add the postage/paypal/trip/profit cost on top of that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads