• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

supern0va

Reaction score
Dover Tuesday

EF6A9FAC-E725-4F39-A4BC-3B30D0D00E44.jpeg

sforum1

Reaction score
Edward Green when I told them I wear a 10UK in C&J and asked them what size I should take in EG, they insisted on going with a 10UK and NOT going half a size up. I was a little skeptical at first but then I thought who am I to question the ones that make the shoes? It turned out to be ok and, in fact, they fit better than any other pair especially after a dozen of wears or so.

But my question is, what's with their sizing and the 2 numbers? What is 10/10.5 supposed to mean? is it a 10 or a 10.5? Pick one and stop confusing the hell out of people. If it was meant to mean 10UK and 10.5US, then what are we doing now when 10UK is really an 11US? I guess it's making things more confusing than they've ever been. But at the end of the day, 2 numbers never really made sense no matter how you slice it. If the shoe is a 10UK, how can it be a 10.5US? I mean someone who wore a 10UK in C&J then, since a 10/10.5 in EG meant 10UK and 10.5US, they would buy a 10/10.5. But if that same person who also wore an 11US (since a 10UK usually means 11US) were thinking in terms of US sizes, they could have bought a 10.5/11 because a 10.5/11 means 11US.

Plus every other manufacturer does well with just one number, how come one number is not enough for EG? ABOLISH THE 2 NUMBERS TODAY. IT's STUPID!

And here's a better idea for all manufactures. Print your darn size on the shoe and say what the heck it is. Is it a UK size or a US size?

Example: 10D US
Example: 9.5E UK

And when one picks up the efing shoe they know what the efing size is. Is that so hard?

Oh, and when you change your stupid lasts and that shifts the sizes by half a size, then change your sizes accordingly to reflect that. One can't help but wonder who's running these businesses.

Last edited:

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sforum1

Good points! I agree!

I've heard (not sure if its' a correct info) that EG uses these old methods from several decades ago when they have used two sizes to indicate UK and US size together for better convenience, also they have used their own metrics which from the very beginning were different compared to John Lobb or Crockett Jones (I believe the John Lobb shoes were produced in EG Factory at some point too).. I guess this was all much before internet era where people would actually try on the shoes in store before bringing them home ..

@Dusty Heaters You never know what you might end up purchasing online. I've seen some Italian retailers shipping out sub 90.000 serial number shoes recently. Just because it's the 2018, doesn't mean you can't end up on a brand new pair from 2012 or so ..

APHK

Reaction score
Just got my first pair of Edward Green to complete the trifecta after only having had Lobbs and G&G in the past. Dover in Utah 40% off on the Mr. Porter Private Sale, too good to pass up.

Will have to see how they hold up after a couple wears.

View attachment 1084548
I didn’t see them on sale despite receiving a Private Sale invitation too. Perhaps the items on sale are linked to location of each customer?

clhkg

Reaction score
(Un)fortunately I didnt get the private sale invite from Mr Porter but I did notice they adjusted the price of some Edward Green upwards, and I am guessing its part of their preparation to the sale later....

APHK

Reaction score
(Un)fortunately I didnt get the private sale invite from Mr Porter but I did notice they adjusted the price of some Edward Green upwards, and I am guessing its part of their preparation to the sale later....

They are effectively not deducting VAT now. I bought a pair for GBP971 (ex-VAT of GBP1165) a few months ago and now they are GBP1165 in my checkout basket. I asked them about the difference and they replied that the new price is also ex-VAT and that have no control on the designer’s retail price?!

This plugs the loop-hole that we could get VAT deducted from Mr Porter but not EG’s online shop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads