• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Halifax

865356D9-4DE9-4199-B5BA-412077663F16.jpeg

9229D949-B98A-4912-AA77-B50CAAB2607F.jpeg

585EB4B5-96F9-42AF-B3A5-42FE7175C111.jpeg

Ken1036

Reaction score
I used to be on the fence about the Halifax - no more after seeing these gorgeous pics. Is that the 606 last and snuff suede?

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are on FIRE! Is clove suede the same as polo suede?

Don't have the boots but have a pair of clove Dovers. It's a brown with a strong red tone. Not quite a burgundy and not really a straight red. Great depth and variation of colour.

Under certain lighting conditions I find it to be brown with strong red undertones. Under other conditions, I don't see much brown in it. It appears more of a burgundy with strong red undertones. I think this EG pic provides good representation of the color in real life.

My burgundy delapre/clove suede Galways. You don't see this combination very often, one of the reasons I love this pair.

Polo suede is more mid-brown with red undertones. Polo suede Coniston for reference.

2_DSC_0777.JPG
DSC_0759.JPG
DSC_0884.JPG
DSC_0888.JPG

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Under certain lighting conditions I find it to be brown with strong red undertones. Under other conditions, I don't see much brown in it. It appears more of a burgundy with strong red undertones. I think this EG pic provides good representation of the color in real life.

My burgundy delapre/clove suede Galways. You don't see this combination very often, one of the reasons I love this pair.

Polo suede is more mid-brown with red undertones. Polo suede Coniston for reference.

View attachment 1488818 View attachment 1488819 View attachment 1488820 View attachment 1488821

Thanks man, very helpful. I think my polo carminas are just a bit darker than your c&j but not as dark as the outdoor pic of your eg where you pickup more of the burgundy hue. Is clove supplied by cf stead?

bootyboy

Reaction score
Thanks man, very helpful. I think my polo carminas are just a bit darker than your c&j but not as dark as the outdoor pic of your eg where you pickup more of the burgundy hue. Is clove supplied by cf stead?
I believe EG gets their suede from an Italian Tannery.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry, but I haven’t been able to stop thinking about these boots all day. I’ll assume they were MTO? What was the wait time?

The EG store in London did a small run of these. They were on the website as well. They certainly look much better than the stock pics on the website.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads