• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep...and it just looks so good!
In Rosewood CC? I will probably get an Alderlry, too, but I am thinking smooth calf.

yeah I have been thinking about going for Alderley in Rosewood CC.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here are my Rosewood Dover received today.

That is a very good looking shoe.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

yeah I have been thinking about going for Alderley in Rosewood CC.

I was considering it, too, but I'm not sure what kind of boot I want to end up with. I like the smooth calf with the storm welt that Stevent has. I think it would look great in burgundy. Not sure if I would want the "ruggedness" of the CC on the wingtip...dunno. Unipairs CC Alderley looks awesome, though! Decisions!

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today: Winchelsea.

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally had a chance to try the Dover/606 last at Sid Mashburn a couple of weeks ago while in Atlanta for business. Sadly, they were a tad narrow in the toebox and the instep too snug. Length was fine so I didn't want to go up a half size. They don't carry additional widths. What are my options?

MTO in a wider size?
Different last?
Go with a different model?

For reference:

http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/footwear/dark-oak-antique-edward-green-dover-split-toe.html

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I finally had a chance to try the Dover/606 last at Sid Mashburn a couple of weeks ago while in Atlanta for business. Sadly, they were a tad narrow in the toebox and the instep too snug. Length was fine so I didn't want to go up a half size. They don't carry additional widths. What are my options?

MTO in a wider size?
Different last?

All of above.

We are trying to organize group MTO for Dover on 202 last.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MTO in a wider size?
Different last?

For reference:

http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/footwear/dark-oak-antique-edward-green-dover-split-toe.html
If you tried on a D width, there are quite a few places that stock E widths. If it was an E, you'll likely need to go MTO

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MTO in a wider size?
Different last?

For reference:

You can order that shoe in a wider width without doing an MTO at Sid M, without knowing the structure of that store. Depends on their logistics I'd say.

Chowkin

Reaction score

MTO in a wider size?
Different last?

For reference:

Try Skoaktiebolaget. Dover 606 last - double leather sole - Dark Oak is on their permanent stock line and there is no MTO surcharge http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/pages/edward-green-made-to-order

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. The midline reverse stitch of the dovers do not have a line of stitching around it.

lhuynh

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads