• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

beez

Reaction score
I recently ordered a Hove (in midnight) from Leather Soul. Really excited about these beautiful shoes.

My fitting shoe was a dark oak antique Chelsea. They are so nice that I'm having trouble saying goodbye!

luc13

Reaction score

Got my new Beaulieus today

Amazing shoes Sir!

I hope i got mine soon.

Reaction score
Re the fake stitching on Galways. I like form following function. Same with buttons on the cuff of a suit jacket or sport coat. If they don't really button, why have them? Otherwise an imitation.

Stitching is for a seam.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Re the fake stitching on Galways. I like form following function. Same with buttons on the cuff of a suit jacket or sport coat. If they don't really button, why have them? Otherwise an imitation.

Stitching is for a seam.

id be interested in seeing a galway with an actual captoe. Perhaps you could convince EG to make you one?

CTBrummie

Reaction score

Stitching is for a seam.

Well in that case broguing is surely out, too, as the perforations are no longer used for drainage?

CTBrummie

Reaction score

And buttons on cuffs are pointless because no one actually wears them open, unless they're a ponce, poseur and preening peacock of Pythonesque proportions... ;)

In fact, you could argue that a regular cap toe is redundant on a boot or shoe unless it's an integral part of the item as opposed to just an extra layer of leather covering another layer...

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Great shoes. Nice choice.

I have this model in burgundy as well. I like them a lot.

Agreed! Have them in a few colors including burgundy shell which is killer.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Re the fake stitching on Galways. I like form following function. Same with buttons on the cuff of a suit jacket or sport coat. If they don't really button, why have them? Otherwise an imitation. Stitching is for a seam.
I am wearing my Galway boots today, Nothing fake about these beauties! love them to bits. Most of my jackets have functioning buttons on the sleeves if that is what you mean? but I have never had any use for them!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am wearing my Galway boots today, Nothing fake about these beauties! love them to bits.
Most of my jackets have functioning buttons on the sleeves if that is what you mean? but I have never had any use for them!

which last is that on?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanieSmerth