• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm so jealous of that Galway makeup already...

I am not sure if I would really want fully shearling lined (as opposed to the standard lining of the Galway where only the shaft is lined). My feet are already toasting but nice and comfy in the ones I have which are only lines from the ankle above!

CTBrummie

Reaction score
I am not sure if I would really want fully shearling lined (as opposed to the standard lining of the Galway where only the shaft is lined). My feet are already toasting but nice and comfy in the ones I have which are only lines from the ankle above!

But imagine a long country walk in the snow with those boots on!

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But imagine a long country walk in the snow with those boots on!

Yes that is correct for the lucky ones who live near the country side and the type of weather they are experiencing in the US I suppose it would be very useful but for us here it feels like spring!

Last edited:

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, my feet and hands are cold from October til March, so I hope a full shearling lining could remedy that (as far as the feet are concerned). But each has different needs of course...

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, my feet and hands are cold from October til March, so I hope a full shearling lining could remedy that (as far as the feet are concerned). But each has different needs of course...

They will certainly be good for that reason but you may want to consider going half a size larger then your normal size because if you are wearing thick socks and then some space will also be taken by the shearling lining if it is all the way through!

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I suspect the GMTO will fall apart if we all have to order the same width.

Addressing some of the issues discussed above in the thread, standard individual MTO's these days are limited to certain lasts for certain models. I have had this exact discussion with EG direct in recent weeks.

guys,

I have received a replay from Skoaktiebolaget.

Yes it is possible to order different widths, D, E, G

The total price including worldwide shipping would be 7180 SEK ex VAT so it comes around $1100

Are you still interested in this we would be going for Adderley on 202 last in Rosewood Country Calf on Dainite soles with storm welt?

Anybody else interested?

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They will certainly be good for that reason but you may want to consider going half a size larger then your normal size because if you are wearing thick socks and then some space will also be taken by the shearling lining if it is all the way through!

Thanks a lot for the advice, Farhad! I find it funny, though, that one should size up when a more substantial lining like shearling is used - surely the last the boot is made on is the same, and hence the inside volume of the boot will be the same? However, with unlined shoes, and especially loafers, I guess it makes good sense to size down, since the shoe will be more likely to stretch, given there's only one layer of leather (let alone issues of heel slipping in loafers).

Anyway, it still remains to be proven wether EG will do a full shearling lining or not. I hope they will be willing to do it, should I consider placing the order as a top drawer - but I fear that they're just as conservative at this point as C&J are in their "no shearling"-politic
confused.gif
We shall see, though!

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks a lot for the advice, Farhad! I find it funny, though, that one should size up when a more substantial lining like shearling is used - surely the last the boot is made on is the same, and hence the inside volume of the boot will be the same? However, with unlined shoes, and especially loafers, I guess it makes good sense to size down, since the shoe will be more likely to stretch, given there's only one layer of leather (let alone issues of heel slipping in loafers). Anyway, it still remains to be proven wether EG will do a full shearling lining or not. I hope they will be willing to do it, should I consider placing the order as a top drawer - but I fear that they're just as conservative at this point as C&J are in their "no shearling"-politic :confused: We shall see, though!
Thank you for the input sir, I thought I would only suggest, anyone know why C&J have a "no shearling"-policy? as far as conservative goes IMHO EG would score the higher point! As far as my Galway boots go, I could not be happier!

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the input sir, I thought I would only suggest, anyone know why C&J have a "no shearling"-policy? as far as conservative goes IMHO EG would score the higher point!

As far as my Galway boots go, I could not be happier!

And I can understand why! A grain (preferably zug) and suede combo is exactly what I'm after - it looks superb! 64 last?

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we should pause until Leaves (Patrik) gets back from his meeting with EG. I have the order form from EG and the Weymouth is listed as a derby. I think this goes to the descrepancy mentioned earlier. Right now I believe we are discussing the original Weymouth which is an oxford and not a derby.

Group, here are the specs as I see them:

Model: Weymouth I - Oxford (Right now it appears this will be approx. $900 and will be finalized before order.)
Color: Edwardian Antique
Edge trim: Natural
Sole: H/AF (EG double sole which is 200 SEK ex vat upcharge or approx. $31.00)
Last is either 888 or 82 depending upon group vote and availability
Shoe trees (760 SEK ex vat or approx $117.00

damn, wish I could get in on this. unfortunately, having a 9 mo baby puts me at a financial disadvantage. as for the last, the pic I posted from Leffot was on the 888 last, but since I don't own any EG's I can't give my opinion on which last is better.

gusvs

Reaction score

Gus, is that an old MTO or a top drawer? I have Weymouth listed from EG as on the 82 last and they really don't let people change lasts anymore, even for single MTO's, only top drawer.

MTO, 2 yrs ago.

justonemore

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been a long time lurker here and despite 6 years interest in satorial matters, this will be my first post on this forum (I have been a member of other satorial themed sites for 5+ years).

During the past several years I have built myself a little shoe collection. A couple C&J and Ludwig Reiter, a few Santoni FAMS and about 10 Aldens (mostly in Shell). All great stuff but perhaps "middle ground" so to speak. Then, just a few weeks ago, the inevitable happens, Leather Soul has a "Last Pair" sale & I got reeled in. When all was said and done my order consisted of 2 J.M Weston's, 4 Anthony Cleverley's, 1 George Cleverley and 3 Edward Greens. I'm in shoe heaven at the moment but with ownership comes responsibility and I'm perhaps not used to much beyond "dark Brown", "#8" and "black". Terms such as "dark oak", "burnt pine", and (the worst) midnight, are giving me nightmares. Would anyone here have experience with these colors and if so, could you perhaps share your maintenance routine's (starting from out of the box)? Any care tips in general would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Oundle in Midnight: Andrew in Burnt Pine: Newmarket in Dark Oak:

Last edited:

Noonan

Reaction score
These MTOs arrived last Friday. I wore them yesterday in the Seattle sunshine. HAF sole with embedded metal toe caps. Fit like a dream.

Many thanks to my friends at Leather Soul.

[IMG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads