• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JTMD

Reaction score
haha, did the same double-take

You may be joking, but guessing the missing brim is just a byproduct of the camera’s portrait setting … the phone’s software didn’t see enough of the brim and blurred it as background
Unfortunately I wasn't joking. Guess I'm still stuck in the days of my youth when filters and editing didn't exist. The technological advances in my 50 years on earth have been amazing. I did consider that it might be a camera error such as with the panorama photos but thought it more likely that he had 2 variations of the hat (I sometimes get nearly identical items if i like them and they're on sale).

Last edited:

JTMD

Reaction score
@DWFII used to say that cracks like that are usually caused by small, abrasive particles of glass and stone that settle into cracks and pores. So the key to prevention is to brush shoes after wearing, before applying any liquids/creams, since those would push the particles deeper into the leather. I've been following this advice for the past 15 yrs or so, and it's helped.
Sounds reasonable. I'm in the habit of wiping my shoes down with a damp cloth and letting them dry a bit before applying care products. Guess I'll add a quick brushing at the start. Thanks for passing along the advice.

JTMD

Reaction score
One of These Days I'll get the hang of taking shoe photos outside..until then..

Nice day to take the Oundles out for a spin. I believe EG calls the color midnight. Depending on how the sun hits them they appear either Grey or blue. Given my lack of coordination skills they're pretty much a weekend shoe that I toss on with jeans
20240323_142103.jpg
20240323_135450.jpg

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I wasn't joking. Guess I'm still stuck in the days of my youth when filters and editing didn't exist. The technological advances in my 50 years on earth have been amazing. I did consider that it might be a camera error such as with the panorama photos but thought it more likely that he had 2 variations of the hat (I sometimes get nearly identical items if i like them and they're on sale).
There is a better look at the hat in the "What am I wearing" thread. I like the sombrero (or boater, if you prefer) style hat. I had a nice one from Wanahat, in Miami that I got soaking wet and it was never the same. So I asked Bill Cain, of Hat of Cain in Singapore if he could make me one. As it happened, he already had plans to offer a line of hats like this, so I bought this one from him and received it a few days ago.

symphvaria

Reaction score
How’s the comfort level on those? I’m tempted by GF’s offerings in zug but have heard that zug is stiff.
Zug is extraordinarily stiff, to the degree that EG apparently had an internal decision to discontinue it a while ago. Whatever you’re seeing that’s left is probably leftover old stock, and you’re definitely not going to be able to MTO anything in Zug anymore.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How’s the comfort level on those? I’m tempted by GF’s offerings in zug but have heard that zug is stiff.
Zug is very thick, I can certainly feel the heft on foot. I could be wrong, but I feel this specific make-up also has slightly thicker lining. I don't find it particularly stiff or uncomfortable on foot. Overall the boots fit me very well, which could explain why the thick leather is not an issue. In my opinion Zug is perfect for true outdoor "field" boots and require very little maintenance. This is my only pair of EG that I don't baby at all.

What model(s) are you considering? I think the Dover would be fine, given it's a shoe. I imagine Galway is also comfortable, the unlined shaft should make the boots more pliable (vs Cranleigh).

Last edited:

barutanseijin

Reaction score
Zug is very thick, I can certainly feel the heft on foot. I could be wrong, but I feel this specific make-up also has slightly thicker lining. I don't find it particularly stiff or uncomfortable on foot. Overall the boots fit me very well, which could explain why the thick leather is not an issue. In my opinion Zug is perfect for true outdoor "field" boots and require very little maintenance. This is my only pair of EG that I don't baby at all.

What model(s) are you looking at? I think the Dover would be fine, given it's a shoe. I imagine Galway is also comfortable, the unlined shaft should make the boots more pliable (vs Cranleigh).

Country calf Galways feel a bit stiff to me and zug seems like it’s at least one step beyond country calf. But maybe that’s not the best way to think about it.

I was looking at these Galways:

Last edited:

ForwardPleats

Reaction score
So I've reached a dilemma in my MTO loafer order. I'm split between the Winchelsea in Dark Oak Antique and the Pimlico in Espresso Aniline for my first order:
195770-dcb6c28cc4075b42fb21dd87d0eeeed9.jpg

195772-8c3a14f396200a3b41f5a39e065d6d26.jpg

dsc_5918-jpg.751682

dsc_5917-jpg.751677

On one hand, I love the piecrusting of the Winchelsea and the patina of the Dark Oak. The slightly lighter colour is probably more versatile. Does anyone know if the Dark Oak is a crust leather?

But on the other hand, the Pimlico is just such a smart classic design that reminds me of old bespoke samples from places like JLSJ and the old school Aniline calf is just such a perfect fit for that vibe. I also really like the idea that any patina it develops will be my own.

Eventually, I am sure I will end up with both. 😂

barutanseijin

Reaction score
So I've reached a dilemma in my MTO loafer order. I'm split between the Winchelsea in Dark Oak Antique and the Pimlico in Espresso Aniline for my first order:

dsc_5918-jpg.751682

dsc_5917-jpg.751677

On one hand, I love the piecrusting of the Winchelsea and the patina of the Dark Oak. The slightly lighter colour is probably more versatile. Does anyone know if the Dark Oak is a crust leather?

But on the other hand, the Pimlico is just such a smart classic design that reminds me of old bespoke samples from places like JLSJ and the old school Aniline calf is just such a perfect fit for that vibe. I also really like the idea that any patina it develops will be my own.

Winchelsea, without hesitation. Mmmm… pie crust.

JTMD

Reaction score

dsc_5918-jpg.751682

dsc_5917-jpg.751677

My vote would go to the Winchelsea. Also without hesitation. I myself prefer pretty much everything on it from the beautiful dark oak to the Norwegian split toe. But you'll be the one wearing it and it seems as if you're more excited over Pimlico. Just look at the way you described the 2.

Oak is nice. It's more practical..

Man, I love these things. The look is so classic I picture myself going back in time and the color perfectly matches that. . The patina will be mine and mine alone.

So sure..my tastes run to that luscious split toe. I'm picturing myself wearing them right now (damn you)..but you're not me..and you being you are picturing yourself with those Pimlico's. Or at least that's what I'm taking out of it.

You mention versatility but is that an actual concern? If you need a versatile shoe then that changes both the question and the answer. I have shoes I've probably worn twice a year at most. They're not versatile at all..but I still like them and enjoy them when I do wear them. I also have a decent size collection of shoes and have no need to wear them more than twice a year. If I needed to add something to my weekly rotation however, I wouldn't even consider them. All that being said..how concerned are you as to versatility? It's your first order..do you want that special less versatile pair to rock (perhaps) a bit less often? Or something simpler to pair so you can show those puppies off with more ease?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads