• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biogentic

Reaction score
I just wanted to post this here. I got a pair of Edward Green Harrogates I tried to get in size 10 but ended up being labeled 9/9.5. The only guy on ebay that had them in my size wouldn't budge on a trade and his price was out of reach without the certainty I'd be able to sell these to cover the cost (His listing was up for an entire year!)

Has anyone ever seen this model before or has one in size 9.5/10?

Ideally I'd been hoping to trade looking unlikely as they're discontinued. I was able to wear them with my thinest socks but I know a 9.5/10 is the true fit. They've been boxed im a closet for 8 months now still in their lasted trees
how does this fit for you? i wear a dover 606 uk size 9.5 and guess this might be too tight if not would be interested to get

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
how does this fit for you? i wear a dover 606 uk size 9.5 and guess this might be too tight if not would be interested to get

Might be too small, I tried on a vintage Malvern on 202 and size 10E fit well. The Harrogates fit, but I know they're too short as my toes hug the sides. Size 9.5/10 have this minorly but its probably due to the 888.

I'm curious about the dovers. Are they new with trees?

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have thoughts on burnt pine vs. chestnut vs bauxite for a pair EG Harrow loafers to be worn as all arounders?

I’m looking at these as an investment andI’d like something lighter and a bit lore interesting than dark oak. Any experience on how she’s shades age and patina?

As mentioned above bauxite can be a challenging color, I rather enjoy chestnut. The problem with burnt pine is depending on what shade you receive it can be like a band aid color not the best imo.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talking of challenging shades. Sandringham in wine suede. From the Kurt Geiger collaboration a decade or so ago.

18E6EDB8-1694-45E1-8D8E-C06E1B9D9422.jpeg
1176130B-3589-4902-B55B-FC53427A55F7.jpeg

papado

Reaction score
I think I know the answer to this already (well that plus the Ventnor hate I've seen in other threads?), but given these color combos which would be more versatile? I was tempted for the mink suede to be the safest but at the same time it could create a lot of contrast if I ever wear a lighter colored casual trouser. Honestly if the snuff suede ones were on a darker brown rubber sole I'd be 100% sold but given these options I'm conflicted.

I was gonna pickup a pair of Sagans from Baudoin+Lange but figured for a few more bucks I can get some welted footwear, not to mention I've finally found my [somewhat] correct EG size so I certainly understand their appeal now to you rascals :)

1612582875809.png

1612582895634.png

Fanthom

Reaction score
I think I know the answer to this already (well that plus the Ventnor hate I've seen in other threads?), but given these color combos which would be more versatile? I was tempted for the mink suede to be the safest but at the same time it could create a lot of contrast if I ever wear a lighter colored casual trouser. Honestly if the snuff suede ones were on a darker brown rubber sole I'd be 100% sold but given these options I'm conflicted.

I was gonna pickup a pair of Sagans from Baudoin+Lange but figured for a few more bucks I can get some welted footwear, not to mention I've finally found my [somewhat] correct EG size so I certainly understand their appeal now to you rascals :)

View attachment 1550034
View attachment 1550035

The answer to your question is (obviously) mink, as it goes with a wider range of trousers. It goes with dark trousers, and while not ideal also with lighter colours. However, you should ask yourself in which circumstances you will actually use them. For me loafers are summer shoes, and in summer I wear lighter coloured trousers.

(Personally I'm not a big fan of EG's snuff suede, I find it too red.)

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lavagna suede is the more rounded trooper, not mink, mink is rather distinctive and screams here-i-am, i know, i regret my suede Westminster’s (mark II).
Leather: Doak;
Suede: Mink

Attachments

• B03ADEBF-E07F-426C-BEB4-71F4B752D7A1.jpeg
    B03ADEBF-E07F-426C-BEB4-71F4B752D7A1.jpeg
    493.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 318B7B64-B931-437D-8245-73F3AA70614E.jpeg
    318B7B64-B931-437D-8245-73F3AA70614E.jpeg
    263.6 KB · Views: 91

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends what you are going to wear them with. Lavagna is lovely but not a stock colour IIRC, I’d say mink may be the more versatile of the two posted, but I probably prefer snuff.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1550034
View attachment 1550035
I liked these a lot - Gentlemen's footwear had them on clearance sale and really wanted them but fit was terrible for me with tightness in the front and a lot of heel slippage at the same time. So I guess this last is not for me.

EDIT: I noticed the hate too, don't understand why though.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanieSmerth