1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. kalufsen

kalufsen Member

Piccadilly in for Spring, so excited!

IMG_8336.jpg

2. Nikola

Nikola Distinguished Member

Stunning batch of Dark Oak! Are they on modified 184 last? How is the initial fit?

3. kalufsen

kalufsen Member

Much appreciated Nikola. The colour is perfect, as you probably have seen the colour varies quite a lot depending on batch and I was afraid it could be a little to light but it´s perfect and as per my expectation.

I was told so but cant really say since i didnt test/own the "former" version. However as i mentioned earlier in the thread EG have not done any changes on the last except for very minor changes to reduce slippage in the heel. Enough about that.

I am very pleased with the fit, they hug the foot very well. I can feel a little heel slippage when standing on my toes (think ballet dancer) :) When i walk they sit tight without any slippage in the heel so couldnt be happier :) I could fit a yardstick (horizontally- a couple of mm´s widh o) between the heel and my foot when pushed forward which could be read as to tight, but no pressure on the foot at all except for a little from the lip, but that will of course adjust/form when i start using the shoe.

Only had shoes from CJ and thesabots version made by AM, and these feels very soft and well built (Subjectively of course). Going to enjoy the **** out of these.

4. c21ban

c21ban Senior Member

8CCB17E4-619C-49F2-A80B-1F7EC150A6ED.jpeg Snow on the ground so a great day to go casual to work and wear my Galway’s.

5. c21ban

c21ban Senior Member

I was waiting someone to respond to the question as to what polish to use on Rosewood Country Calf and surprised no one has the answer. Just sent a message to Edward Green asking if they would help us out with an answer as to color and manufacturer.

IF I hear back, I will post as it seems a few of us want to keep the original coloring but not sure what to use.

6. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior Member

I've only polished my Rosewood CC's once and I think I used Allen Edmonds Walnut shoe polish (it was the closest thing I had at the time). Edit: I didn't notice any colour change. I'd like to know what EG recommends. Thanks!