• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kalufsen

Reaction score
Stunning batch of Dark Oak! Are they on modified 184 last? How is the initial fit?
Much appreciated Nikola. The colour is perfect, as you probably have seen the colour varies quite a lot depending on batch and I was afraid it could be a little to light but it´s perfect and as per my expectation.

I was told so but cant really say since i didnt test/own the "former" version. However as i mentioned earlier in the thread EG have not done any changes on the last except for very minor changes to reduce slippage in the heel. Enough about that.

I am very pleased with the fit, they hug the foot very well. I can feel a little heel slippage when standing on my toes (think ballet dancer) :) When i walk they sit tight without any slippage in the heel so couldnt be happier :) I could fit a yardstick (horizontally- a couple of mm´s widh o) between the heel and my foot when pushed forward which could be read as to tight, but no pressure on the foot at all except for a little from the lip, but that will of course adjust/form when i start using the shoe.

Only had shoes from CJ and thesabots version made by AM, and these feels very soft and well built (Subjectively of course). Going to enjoy the **** out of these.

c21ban

Reaction score
8CCB17E4-619C-49F2-A80B-1F7EC150A6ED.jpeg
Snow on the ground so a great day to go casual to work and wear my Galway’s.

c21ban

Reaction score
I was waiting someone to respond to the question as to what polish to use on Rosewood Country Calf and surprised no one has the answer. Just sent a message to Edward Green asking if they would help us out with an answer as to color and manufacturer.

IF I hear back, I will post as it seems a few of us want to keep the original coloring but not sure what to use.

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was waiting someone to respond to the question as to what polish to use on Rosewood Country Calf and surprised no one has the answer. Just sent a message to Edward Green asking if they would help us out with an answer as to color and manufacturer.

IF I hear back, I will post as it seems a few of us want to keep the original coloring but not sure what to use.
I've only polished my Rosewood CC's once and I think I used Allen Edmonds Walnut shoe polish (it was the closest thing I had at the time). Edit: I didn't notice any colour change. I'd like to know what EG recommends. Thanks!

Poshak Man

Reaction score

I have alternated between Saphir MDO Cognac wax and Mahogany wax. Worked well for me.

c21ban

Reaction score
So this is the answer received from Edward Green this morning regarding the Rosewood Country Calf. Not concise but the best I can do for the moment:

Thank you for your email.

We would suggest using a shade lighter than the Rosewood Country Calf. In both nourishing cream and polish. I personally use Light Tan.

The lighter colours tend to work better on RCC as they will not affect the colouring or natural patina of the skin.

Speak from experience, neutral polishes can potentially leave white ‘marks’ in the grain from where the polish has dried over time. And of course, the dark browns will encourage the leather to darken slightly. Which is fine if you like the darker tones! However, the RCC is rather elegant as standard.

Thank you, and I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Edward Green & Co.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me get a sense on how the Edward Green brown suedes rank in terms of light to dark? Here are the ones that I think they are offering (and my best guess as to the order):

Mushroom
Tobacco
Snuff
Clove
Mole
Otter
Mink
Mocha
Espresso

michaelvl

Reaction score
I use this on my Rosewood CC Galways: "Saphir beaute du Cuir, Havane Clair", as well as: Saphir beaute du Cuir, Neutral.

41u++ucEb+L.jpg

cypi2

Reaction score

I use Saphir burgundy (#08) shoe cream polish (either Surfine or Médaille d'Or) on rosewood country calf and I am very happy with the results.

Article 26

Reaction score
Could someone post the difference between Rosewood and Redwood?

Thank you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads