1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

Those Chelseas look great with a C width!:worship:

2. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

Agreed but one needs narrow feet to fit well in them, sigh.

3. NORE

NORE Senior member

I size up .5 size when going with a D width. A bit longer but just as comfy. I can play basketball in my EGs :)

4. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I couldn't help posting these to show that even the best of us - and EG finishes are unsurpassed IMO - get it wrong sometimes. The good the bad and the uuuuuuuugly. That light beige or what is it? - pewter? is a travesty. [​IMG]

5. meister

meister Senior member

Just wearing my EGs captoe brogues today. Is there a more comfortable last for everyman than the 202? Putting you foot inside EGs is another experience to other shoes.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  6. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

I cannot say that I am particular fond of this colour, but you can't blame EG.

They only offered this leather as a potential choice and some buyer (either an individual ore a store-buyer) ordered the shoes. I rather prefer a manufacturer (whatever they produce) who offers me a wide choice (although some colours I might never consider) to one who operates according to the famous Henry Ford maxim: "Any colour, as long as it's black!"

7. AlexE

AlexE Senior member

That is indeed bad news! I emailed them a few days ago and asked which models will remain available on the 888 last and if there will be other restrictions in the MTO program. Will share once (if) I get an answer.

8. NORE

NORE Senior member

Bad news indeed seeing as to how they only offer 2-3 models in my size and each shoe I order is technically a MTO. :(

9. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

Didn't see it mentioned in the thread, but as a heads up Sid Mashburn is now selling EGs (for the past 6 months or so now). They have a limited selection in house, but the SA said on Tuesday they are expecting a large shipment in the near future.

10. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Exin

Exin Well-Known Member

I tried on a pair of EG Westminster in dark oak today, amazing shoes, the left shoe fits perfectly, but it's tight around the pinky toe on the left foot, will the leather stretch eventually?

12. Harrydog

Harrydog Senior member

I have the Hardy Amies Falkirk in black/grey - becoming my favorite option when pulling out a black shoe.

13. NORE

NORE Senior member

Where'd you get them?

14. Burton

Burton Senior member

Very intersting. Will they be selling them on the web?

15. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

According to the SA they were having a hard enough time keeping them in-store that they likely weren't going to be putting them online any time soon. Every time I go in there they have awesome stuff that flies off the shelf before I can even think about coming back for it. The stuff on their website really doesn't come close to doing the shop justice.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  16. Harrydog

Harrydog Senior member

Matchesfashion.com had a line of Hardy Amies...Two Falkirks (DarkBlue/Blue) and (Black/grey) Two Shannon boots (Black/blue ankle) and (burnt pine/chestn ankleut) Chelsea captoe in a dark grey.

I was thrilled to score the Falkirks. They are all sold out of EG at present.

Worth keeping your eye on.

17. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Unlikely. Your toes are not sturdy enough to push the leather out, instead the leather will press on your toe, which is a great recipe for developing corns. You can have them stretched in that one spot, however.

18. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

Sorry for the Shitty Cell Pics. This was the range they had on display in Jermyn St (a few months ago)....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Harrydog

Harrydog Senior member

Yup...those are the black/grey Falkirks I bought. I don't know why so many showed up on matches.com. I think I paid about 975.00 which, though not insanely discounted, was a good price for a unique and distinctive style.

I'll be keeping my eye on matches in the future.

20. NORE

NORE Senior member

:drool: