• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*EDIT- Vintage Exotics! Sea Turtle Wingtip Gunboats + Foot Joy Lizard Golf Spectators

CaymanS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by isshinryu101
Love them, friend! My uncle LOVES cowboy boots, and owns around 20 pairs of lucchese's. ALL exotics, like yours. VERY tough looking. Since I can't rock the cowboy boot, I was inspired to find some shoes in a similar style...

IMG_0060.jpg

*paging kitonbrioni*

garymyman

Reaction score
Since I can't rock the cowboy boot, I was inspired to find some shoes in a similar style...
Those are awesome. If I ever move out of the South I'll have to find something similar. It's amazing how wearing something crazy on your feet can open doors - during an interview for a clerkship the lawyer told me "Your resume isn't great, but with boots like that I pretty much have to hire you."

Is that Arlington?
Close! Minute Maid, taken last fall.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0825.jpg

Those are stunning, simply stunning and probably one of the most incredible pair of gunboats I have ever seen. What adds even more to their beauty is the asymmetrical scaling pattern; each shoe's patterning being different. This asymmetry definitely adds to the wildness of their appearance. I am wondering how sea turtle leather is properly maintained to ensure suppleness or prevent cracking. Would it be the same as croco?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Seriously, where did you get them and how much were they? Im floored by them.

The ultimate compliment to a shoe tragic...

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by garymyman
Your elusiveness on this question leads me to believe these are not vintage, but newly commissioned. Probably somewhere really shady, like North Korea - but I'm not sure they have capable cobblers.

As much as I love South Korea, it's a terrible place for shoes. I have no faith that the north could produce a pair like this. The only guy in North Korea in the market for a pair like this wears grey tracksuits all the time.

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
Are these made out of that special sea turtle leather that was found in a shipwreck from 200 years ago?

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby
Are these made out of that special sea turtle leather that was found in a shipwreck from 200 years ago?
that was Reindeer leather, or "Russian Calf"

Swan Song

Reaction score
Recent find, a little more refined and sleek in styling than the OP pair of Sea Turtle, yet they are more than 40 years old.
And in my size
Made in Mexico
Original sole and heel. I since have changed the armored heel to a combination leather and rubber.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry to bump old thread but it important

The "book matching" of the hide (especially the toecaps) and lack of evidence of company label tells me these are MTM/special orders maybe bespoke. The flourish in using sea turtle on the underheel plate tells me no expense was spared to get the look of love.

No.
It factory shoe.
It use decorative t welt and not L welt like real hand made pair.
It good year welted.

Your elusiveness on this question leads me to believe these are not vintage, but newly commissioned. Probably somewhere really shady, like North Korea - but I'm not sure they have capable cobblers.
All I can say for certain is that they are pre-1979 (more like 1950's according to sources), which would put their construction BEFORE the sea turtle was placed on the endangered species list. I just figured I'd have some fun and share them with the SF community, as I can almost guarantee that it will be a LOOOOONG time until another pair shows up here.

No earlier than 1950s.
It not made properly like the old 1950s Florsheim gunboats.
It use t welt. :violin:
Here is real pair using L welt:
Florsheim Imperial 1955  7.jpg

See!
Inseam go through L welt to leather feather inside.
L welt against upper tight so no water get in.
The turtle gunboat have no inseam stitch from outside,
it cheap factory construction
No storm welt against upper seal good because corners cut in factory construction using t welt,
water can get in and bring gemming failure.
It decorative storm welt.
It silly welt.

Me still like the sea turtle shoe
Me think it very very good
Me want it! :slayer:

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads