ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Oct 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

^^ I stand corrected.

2. fayia

fayia Member

3. dshin

dshin Senior member

I'm digging that YSL suit.

4. modmica

modmica Senior member

The measurements say the YSL jacket is 2.5 inches longer than the EZ. That's a big enough difference for most folks to rule one of them out based on length, independent of styling difference.

5. modmica

modmica Senior member

6. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Size M BB Golden Fleece dressing gown

I'm watching that, but the bidding has already left me behind. I'm curious to see where it ends up.

7. Stereojeff

Stereojeff Well-Known Member

The Zegna is their 15 milmil 15 fabric and makes it the superior suit. However, it will definitely be too short for you.

Jeff

8. fayia

fayia Member

Thanks for the feedback. Too short? 26" sleeves and 33" inseam should do for me. Or you mean the jacket length is going to be too short?

I thought that YSL one was kinda cool too. It is from their spring '03 collection by Tom Ford. If the price were half the listed one I'd take a chance. Both suits would require a bit of tailoring for them to fit so at those prices I am more leaning toward getting myself a new cheap MTM suit.

9. VMan

VMan Senior member

New here and looking for some advice on buying my 2nd suit ever as I have an interview and a wedding coming up. I'm 164lbs, 6'3". 39" chest, 33" waist. I think my real size is a 39L. This guy sells some pretty nice 2nd hand suits. Which one would you guys pick out of these 2 (if any)? http://cgi.ebay.nl/Yves-Saint-Lauren...ayphotohosting http://cgi.ebay.nl/Ermenegildo-Zegna...QQcmdZViewItem
    They are both nice, the Zegna has a Super 150s fabric and prices are fairly decent for both as long as the condition is excellent to mint. The Zegna is a more conservative business suit, while the YSL is more casual mostly due to the slim fit and extra details (business-appropriate if you are in a creative field). The YSL is manufactured by Zegna, by the way.

10. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

40s 34W BB Golden Fleece Tux w/tails. New for $250.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BROOKS-BROTHERS-...742.m153.l1262

This seller has at least 5 Golden Fleece or 1818 suits new for $150-$250 in 40R. Man I wish I was a 40R. Good tux shoes too.

11. EL72

EL72 Senior member

12. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

This seller has at least 5 Golden Fleece or 1818 suits new for $150-$250 in 40R. Man I wish I was a 40R. Good tux shoes too.

I'm usually a 40R or so but I am hesitiant to bid on her GF auctions bc they are already hemmed and cuffed and therefore may have jacket alterations as well.......who knows?

13. thinman

thinman Senior member

Thanks for the feedback. Too short? 26" sleeves and 33" inseam should do for me. Or you mean the jacket length is going to be too short?

I thought that YSL one was kinda cool too. It is from their spring '03 collection by Tom Ford. If the price were half the listed one I'd take a chance. Both suits would require a bit of tailoring for them to fit so at those prices I am more leaning toward getting myself a new cheap MTM suit.

I also believe the Zegna may be too short for you (32" from top of collar). I am almost the same size as you (or was, before gaining 25-30 lbs) and my best-fitting jackets measure 32.5" from the bottom of the collar. Before bidding, if you have a jacket that fits you extremely well I suggest you measure it to verify what I've written.

FWIW, you might try on Euro size 50L jackets. They translate to about a US size 39L and they fit me best, since they're generally a trim fit and long enough.

14. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

NWT Bespoke Thom Browne DB seersucker 38R

http://cgi.ebay.com/THOM-BROWNE-Seer...QQcmdZViewItem

I think that would look better as a 6x4 than a 6x2. the bottom of the jacket just looks weird.

Also, the buttons are kind of darkish. I would want something lighter.

edit: and what the hell - db notch?

15. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ the last time notch label DB was discussed, someone brought up the BB Black Fleece version as a not-half-bad example. So yeah, I guess TB has a thing or two for the style.