1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Oct 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. tmc

tmc Member

2. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

You
    Also, here's a Daniel Cremieux suit for Dillard's - says it's made in Italy of Loro Piana 15.5 micron Super 160's fabric. I'd prefer it in something other than 2b/center vent/pleats config, but I'd like to see the fabric. My guess is that it doesn't hit the reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

Made by Isaia.

3. johnny_flapjack

johnny_flapjack Senior member

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

5. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

6. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Made by Isaia.

[​IMG]

7. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

[​IMG]

No, I'm serious. That's an Isaia tag.

8. johnny_flapjack

I agree. I went and looked it up in the Men's Clothing thread on labels, nail patterns, etc... Who'da thunkit?

9. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

yeah, matches the tag on some of my Paul Stuarts made by Isaia.

10. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

It's likely made to Gianluca standards, though.

11. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

It's likely made to Gianluca standards, though.

do you mean mine or the cremieux?

mine was made to the gianluca standards, give or take, probably more give since it has some nice details, but it still has the same tag, and rather well made even with what i think is light fusing. i think isaia may have made some to the regular isaia standards for the choice line, but i'm not sure about that.

12. 518aata

518aata Senior member

13. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

when did isaia start making for daniel cremieux? ... i thought that was a joke. i find it hard to believe. i thought all that stuff was made in china.

dillard's is a midwestern mall department store.

edit: ok, looked again. could be, could be. the signature is the highest of the dc labels. i have a few daniel cremieux signature dress shirts. they are not bad. they use jantzen tailor fabrics. they are not great either. could be they are moving up the quality with their top line. and who knows what standards they use with these.

14. overdog

overdog Senior member

I was at a Dillard's today and I came across a Daniel Cremieux made in Italy suit with Super 160s Loro Piana fabric. The fabric is decent, but my Super 130's LP Hickey Freeman feels a lot nicer. Actually, I'd say even the non-LP Hickey suits being sold at Dillard's have fabric that is just as nice as the Cremieux, if not nicer.

The Cremieux is definitely not fully canvassed. I did the pinch test. I didn't try it on, so I can't speak for the fit.

By the way, in response to Dewey's comment, I was surprised to see that Dillard's been steadily upgrading the brands they carry. They now have a standalone section for Hugo Boss, as well as a small selection of Ted Baker items. I also saw a huge selection of HSM stuff made with Loro Piana fabric. I know, per SF standards, this is not much, but it sure beats Perry Ellis and Claiborne at Macy's.

15. johnny_flapjack

I was at a Dillard's today and I came across a Daniel Cremieux made in Italy suit with Super 160s Loro Piana fabric. The fabric is decent, but my Super 130's LP Hickey Freeman feels a lot nicer. Actually, I'd say even the non-LP Hickey suits being sold at Dillard's have fabric that is just as nice as the Cremieux, if not nicer.

The Cremieux is definitely not fully canvassed. I did the pinch test. I didn't try it on, so I can't speak for the fit.

By the way, in response to Dewey's comment, I was surprised to see that Dillard's been steadily upgrading the brands they carry. They now have a standalone section for Hugo Boss, as well as a small selection of Ted Baker items. I also saw a huge selection of HSM stuff made with Loro Piana fabric. I know, per SF standards, this is not much, but it sure beats Perry Ellis and Claiborne at Macy's.

Uh, excuse me, you forgot the Donald Trump suits.

16. overdog

overdog Senior member

Uh, excuse me, you forgot the Donald Trump suits.

Daniel Cremieux > Alfani

17. vinouspleasure

vinouspleasure Senior member

18. modmica

modmica Senior member

19. johnny_flapjack

Daniel Cremieux > Alfani

I know. I was being a smartass. I didn't know who made trump suits, but I assumed them to be competitive with Joe Banks entry level stuff.

I have a Cremieux suit made from Loro Piana fabric that's not too bad. Side vents, flat front, pick stitching - picked it up at a closeout sale for maybe $150 or so.