• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E Marinella Ties

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
No, that is not my point. If the crud were confined to his site, and never dragged here, that would satisfy me just fine. As it is, I can sense that my responding to FNB's digs is starting to wear on people, so I am probably going to have to stop. But I guarantee you that his digs will not stop. They will go on and on and on. I wonder if he would stop if I got hit by a truck. I doubt it. He seems too invested in it.
As I am someone who takes your side of the "whose ox was gored first question" you should take my word on this - if you really don't care what is posted on his site then you have no reason to get excited about what is posted here. The SF stuff is not particularly nasty or insulting and is given no credence by anybody. It is just the pontificating of one guy. You magnify it tenfold by responding. If you had no knowledge of your featured role on his site, I am pretty sure you would consider his presence here no more annoying than that of the dime-a-dozen trolls that pop up from time to time.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
If you had no knowledge of your featured role on his site, I am pretty sure you would consider his presence here no more annoying than that of the dime-a-dozen trolls that pop up from time to time.

I suppose that is true.

I didn't say I didn't care about what goes on at his site. I don't care overly much, but any rational person cares about being the focal point of so much irrational hatred and vitriol. Who, after all, would choose that for its own sake?

I just recognize that there is absolutely nothing I can do about that site. It's his "revenge" project (and, to be fair, vanity project as well) and he is willing to spend a lot of money on it and keep it going forever so long as his menagerie off trolls keeps flinging their feces in the correct direction.

However, Carl really does not need to snipe at me here all the time. That is the difference between him and the other dime-a-dozen trolls. He is on my case virtually every day, several times a day. I suppose he does it because he knows that I am here and not there. But that is the heart of the dynamic at work here. One can snipe and gossip behind someone's back and never get any pushback. Deliberately say it so as to be overheard, and one risks being confronted with a tart reply.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yo mama so fat she's got more Chins than a Hong Kong phone book!

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Bunny, I've seen closeups of various clothes that you own, but never the whole nor of you in them.

This is one of the reasons that I often might file your posts under the heading, "Sometimes interesting, oft pedantic or cryptic, and on occasion lengthy meanderings."

I'm guilty of these sins occasionally myself, and you are not alone in having a lopsided ratio of i-opinion to evidence of personal elegance achieved. As a spectator to your feud, however, I cut manton a lot more slack because he explicates his style in a more generous way that helps to put his opinions in useful context.

- B

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better Manton, I went to his site and couldn't find where he was talking about you...

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
If it makes you feel better Manton, I went to his site and couldn't find where he was talking about you...

1) He talks about me a lot, here and there, but never by name. If you know anything about his obsessions, and past forum controversies, the references are easy to spot.

2) His site's members talk about me 24/7. But they use cute little pet names, like "Lurch" and "Manson."

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Heh heh. Manson.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Heh heh. Manson.

If it weren't for you, I wouldn't even know that.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
1) He talks about me a lot, here and there, but never by name. If you know anything about his obsessions, and past forum controversies, the references are easy to spot.

2) His site's members talk about me 24/7. But they use cute little pet names, like "Lurch" and "Manson."

Does this have anything to do with Artisan Fan? If so, I want in. If not, I'm going to go back to googling "Cat Deeley" + nude, because she's something else.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
Does this have anything to do with Artisan Fan? If so, I want in. If not, I'm going to go back to googling "Cat Deeley" + nude, because she's something else.

Great legs and hair but small chest. Don't know anything about Cat Deeley though.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that passes off as great legs, then I'm Cary Grant
eh.gif

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
If that passes off as great legs, then I'm Cary Grant
eh.gif

Well if you're not attracted to her, that's fine since Cary Grant was gay.

www.gagabu.com_0945835001196163040_cat-deeley.jpg

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean he was jolly ?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Bunny, I've seen closeups of various clothes that you own, but never the whole nor of you in them.

- B

How large is your monitor?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads