1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

E Marinella Ties

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bsquared, Jun 30, 2008.

1. haganah

haganah Senior member

Great legs and hair but small chest. Don't know anything about Cat Deeley though.

Manton?

2. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

If that passes off as great legs, then I'm Cary Grant [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. haganah

haganah Senior member

If that passes off as great legs, then I'm Cary Grant [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well if you're not attracted to her, that's fine since Cary Grant was gay.

[​IMG]

4. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

You mean he was jolly ?

5. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Bunny, I've seen closeups of various clothes that you own, but never the whole nor of you in them.

- B

How large is your monitor?

6. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

You mean he was jolly ?

No, he enjoyed speedwalking.

7. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

How large is your monitor?

The reason why Paul Allen is rich, I am convinced, is that he must have stolen the idea of the scroll bar from someone.

- B

8. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

The reason why Paul Allen is rich, I am convinced, is that he must have stolen the idea of the scroll bar from someone.

- B

Actually, I always thought Paul Allen sort of lucked into his fortune, right place, right time, etc. But I read a long article which explained that he was the programming brains behind Microsoft's early successes, not Gates, and in fact when Allen got sick, Gates and Balmer on the one had feared that the work would not get done, and on the other schemed to find a way for the company to take back Allen's stock so that his heirs would not get it if he died. Allen eventually recovered, decided to quit the company, and started selling his stock and investing his money elsewhere.

9. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Actually, I always thought Paul Allen sort of lucked into his fortune, right place, right time, etc.

I attribute all of it to his thatch-like beard in the early days.

- B

10. brax

brax Senior member

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought that I'd resurrect this one as it contains some valued opinions on Marinella ties (before the thread digressed into a Manton versus FNB fight). Here are my recent purchases after a trip to Naples. The small storefront is near the water but the real goods are behind the storefront in a much larger store located in the courtyard. You can't just walk around the store browsing. A salesperson needs to assist you. I didn't like that at first but the salesperson assigned to me was very helpful, knowledgable and spoke Spanish well. She was not pushy and gave me a lot of time to browse without feeling like I was wasting her time. Here is my haul: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm not one to be very bold with ties. This is about as crazy as I get. Self-tipped three fold. [​IMG] A staple: Navy grenadine in a three fold construction. [​IMG] A tie that will make an excellent transition between work and an evening social engagement. [​IMG] I like this tie with navy suits. [​IMG] Another tie for evening social engagements. [​IMG] And finally a great summer tie. It is reversible but I'll wear it so that both blades (hence both colors) will be visible with linen suits.

3 people like this.
  11. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I got these three while in Milan. Plus a tie travel kit. Unfortunately I'm limited in my selection as I have to get the extra long versions (I'm 6'6"), there was some amazing stuff in the vintage section but they were all standard length of course.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

Ties now on myhabit for 99

13. Odradek

Odradek Senior member

I've thrifted a nice E. Marinella tie, but on closer examination, the small label says "Hand Made In England", and the initials "MD", just like all my Drake's ties.

Was there ever some sort of collaboration?
    Is this a rarity?

[​IMG]

14. marcodalondra

marcodalondra Senior member

15. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Sounds about right. Some of their ties are also made by another SF approved brand.

To clarify though, does Marinella make any of their ties in house? That is, in a work shop they actually own that only makes Marinella ties?

16. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

My understanding is that bespoke Marinella ties and the ties sold in the Marinella shops are made by Marinella. Those Marinella ties sold through retail vendors are made by another brand. This is more or less what a retail vendor explained to me recently.

17. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Senior member

Nope, only the bespoke ones are made on the shop and even I doubt all the bespoke ones...

The rest are alleguedly as I have explained, by machine, using the Liba machine on a factory outside Naples.