• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

+ DRIES VAN NOTEN +

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So does this mean I should get the sweater in the last photo if it popped up in my size? (not saying it did or I have the link for it and a proxy ready or anything.)

Last edited:

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any facebook buy & sell groups for Dries like there is for Rick? Been trying to find some of the floral shirts from SS'14 for ages.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

post a pic, I might bump into one

:slayer: Would be interested in any of these in a 50, possibly 52.

gustavobradley

Reaction score

Are there any facebook buy & sell groups for Dries like there is for Rick? Been trying to find some of the floral shirts from SS'14 for ages.

I've looked before, and I don't think there is. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, though haha.

If someone who has experience running a page like that were to make one, I'd definitely join though.

happyriverz

Reaction score

Saw this SS16 sportcoat over the weekend at Barneys and tried it on. I was always under the impression that for Dries sportcoats you had to size up, but my usual EU48 size fit perfectly. I also didn't see this jacket in any of the runway pictures, but I like the jacquard print a lot better than the Marilyn/lobster prints.

gustavobradley

Reaction score
That suit is awesome. I agree about the jacquard print too - infinitely better than the Marilyn stuff. I did like the jackets with the single embroidered lobsters and lips, though.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:slayer: Would be interested in any of these in a 50, possibly 52.

There is a 50 or 52 that keeps popping up on ebay from a seller in Canada. They want too much money for it, but you might be able to work them down since it has been available for a long time but not sold. I have considered it

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know the seller you're talking about, they won't accept any offers. Originally they had both a 50 and 52 but I guess someone was willing to pay for the 50.

gustavobradley

Reaction score
Hey guys, those trousers I bought didn't work out, so I have them posted here. If you're interested, PM me with an offer and I'd be happy to work something out.

Also, happy birthday Dries!

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a sweater and suit from Rinkan, both from FW14 I think. Shoutouts to @el Bert for the links. A bit scared of the sizing, the suit's a 52 but the trousers measure like a 34, which is fine, but the jacket's measurements fit a 48. I assume the shoulders are slim because of the roped shoulders, will probably need to get the chest tailored.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads