1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dress shoes with jeans.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Coffee, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Hmm..should I return them? The leather is awesome. Here's an overhead view.

[​IMG]

2. torontolaker

torontolaker Senior member

[​IMG]

return them

3. sipang

sipang Senior member

Those Grensons with those jeans, not a good look. Would probably work better with a smaller leg opening, here's a couple of pics from Grenson Kirks (same elongated shape than the DBs) and suede DBs for reference. But you're probably better off returning them. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. j

j Senior member Admin

Those look bizarre. Are they trying to out-Paul Smith Paul Smith or something?

5. Motorsport226

Motorsport226 Senior member

I just picked these up, should go nicely with either dark or light jeans...
    [​IMG]

6. BaaBaaBlackFleece

BaaBaaBlackFleece Active Member

Gotta agree, those DB's look way funky. I dig desert boots with jeans a lot, but those don't seem to have the right proportions.

7. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

Wingtips with jeans is just plain stupid. Any leather soled boot will look better than just about any leather soled shoe.

8. hobscrk777

hobscrk777 Senior member

Wingtips with jeans is just plain stupid. Any leather soled boot will look better than just about any leather soled shoe.

Not sure I agree with this. At least the first part. I wear a pair of dainite-soled wingtip bluchers by Tricker's fairly regularly. Because of the sole and the blucher style, it's really quite a casual-looking shoe.

Besides, even if the second part is true, you can't wear boots with jeans every single time.

9. mikesduc

mikesduc Senior member

Longwings with jeans look great IMO. Just sayin'...

10. DGP

DGP Senior member

[​IMG]

Not a huge fan of the light stitching, but I find the jeans more problematic than the shoes. If you wear then with a darker, skinnier pair, I think you'll be fine.

11. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I like this thread. i think it needs more pics.

Posted this on WAYWRN a couple of weeks ago:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The shoes are quite sleek and are a black medallion toe as you can see. The jeans are not very tapered at the hem, and are of a mid rise, sort of 501 fit. Despite the general wisdom of slim leg + more casual dress shoe, i think this works.

But i think this is a case of jeans being more formal, rather than shoes being more casual.

Someone post some more pics.

12. DGP

DGP Senior member

I like this thread. i think it needs more pics.

Posted this on WAYWRN a couple of weeks ago:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The shoes are quite sleek and are a black medallion toe as you can see. The jeans are not very tapered at the hem, and are of a mid rise, sort of 501 fit. Despite the general wisdom of slim leg + more casual dress shoe, i think this works.

But i think this is a case of jeans being more formal, rather than shoes being more casual.

Someone post some more pics.

THose shoes are great looking for jeans, and I really like a black shoe with a turquoise sock. I agree with the majority you refer to that would dictate a slimmer jean. Also, I wouldn't opt for that tie with the rest of the outfit.

13. Croata

Croata Active Member

if i'm wearing dark blue jeans, should i go for dark brown shoes or is any brown ok? Shoes would be something along the lines of wingtips or longtips, leather, no suede or anything like that.

14. max_r

max_r Senior member

if i'm wearing dark blue jeans, should i go for dark brown shoes or is any brown ok? Shoes would be something along the lines of wingtips or longtips, leather, no suede or anything like that.

i'm a fan of medium brown and lighter brown shoes with dark indigo jeans, for instance:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(last two are from the WAYWT thread, hope they dont mind)

15. Croata

Croata Active Member

16. FatMod

FatMod Senior member

17. Croata

Croata Active Member

Heh, i've got another one - which shoes NOT to wear wih jeans? In the sense - which are too dressy for jeans?

18. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

19. dmash

dmash Senior member

i'm a fan of medium brown and lighter brown shoes with dark indigo jeans, for instance: [​IMG]
    That rolled up look with the blucher is just awesome. JKISSI has a look sort of like that which he pulls off quite well.

20. max_r

max_r Senior member

Heh, i've got another one - which shoes NOT to wear wih jeans? In the sense - which are too dressy for jeans?

i try to avoid black captoes and stuff with thick clunky soles with jeans

oh yeah and square toes